Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I got mine off axs, email job.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

D.Q wrote: »
    I got mine off axs, email job.

Aye, I got the Mrs one off there when they released extra tickets. Much handier. Ticketmaster are gowls

glucifer wrote: »
    Aye, I got the Mrs one off there when they released extra tickets. Much handier. Ticketmaster are gowls

Yep absolutely. They are a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fcuk i miss Jason, sorta went off them after he left, well, didn't like the band as much

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

METALLICA SEEKING FAN SUBMISSIONS FOR REISSUES OF ‘…AND JUSTICE FOR ALL’ AND ‘THE BLACK ALBUM’
    As you may remember, we asked you for help in putting together the first three box sets and, to make sure there’s a fan footprint on all of these releases, we’ll be doing that again! We’re looking for anything and everything you might have from August 1987 through July 1993… photos (taken by you!), flyers, ticket stubs, backstage passes and whatever other mementos you may have from that time. Also, if you happened to interview James, Lars, Kirk or Jason during that time and still have the recording, please let us know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    METALLICA SEEKING FAN SUBMISSIONS FOR REISSUES OF ‘…AND JUSTICE FOR ALL’ AND ‘THE BLACK ALBUM’

"There'll be no extra bass added, that was history man, you can't change that... it is what it is" - James Hetfield.

Just so no one is disappointed.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn it didn't win the 5th member comp for Glasgow

Anyone else going to that gig from here ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Damn it didn't win the 5th member comp for Glasgow

Anyone else going to that gig from here ??

I am!🀘

lord lucan wrote: »
    I am!🀘

Cool im staying in the Campanile hotel next door too the arena

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cool im staying in the Campanile hotel next door too the arena

Same here,looks like a pretty handy spot.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Same here,looks like a pretty handy spot.

Yeah looks ideal, I'll be at the bar all night post show hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Anyone going to Birmingham receive their tickets yet?

Thank God none of the UK shows are tonight or 2morrow with this hurricane

rumours of another storm hitting ireland next weekend and Metallica kick off the tour in London on Sunday 22nd Oct. I think a few on here are heading over for that gig hopefully flights wont be cancelled and we all get too go to our shows over the next 2 or so weeks

I'm going the Friday morning. Hoping to miss the storm. Pain in the hole with this weather now to be honest haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Going Sat morn but for Tues show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'm going the Friday morning. Hoping to miss the storm. Pain in the hole with this weather now to be honest haha

Storm is looking very unlikely according to the thread over in weather. Won't be a patch on Ophelia either way if it even does develop.

Anyone been to London o2 for a gig before? Anywhere decent for a pint beforehand?

Anyone been to London o2 for a gig before? Anywhere decent for a pint beforehand?

There's a couple of boozers in the O2 complex and a hotel a few minutes down the road,that's about it. It's in a fairly sparse part of the city,you could find a spot in central London and then get the tube out to the venue.

Never been to O2 but know London fairly well you're probably better goin out elsewhere and going to venue by tube. Cart and Horses isn't far away on tube if you want to have a gander it's in Stratford tis known as the birthplace of Iron Maiden, area houses the Olympic stadium and major shopping district (Westfield) too which includes a stupidly big food court if you're peckish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I know a lad who will be flying them on part of their tour. A big Metallica fan too, thge lucky bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Master Of Puppets demo they released, sounds very Diamond Heady compared to final album track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Master Of Puppets demo they released, sounds very Diamond Heady compared to final album track.

Niiiiiiice

Not mad on the vocals, but love how chugga-chugga the guitars are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

The pubs at the O2 itself are all chains, no craic. Best bet is a bag of cans. That's what I'll be doing. Lots of people outside canning it usually. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Lucky feckers some of ye off to England for the shows, I'd have went, hell I'd have went to London for the 2 shows back to back, but have exams to study for, birthday next week and all, would have treated myself to a spin over if I wasn't flat out.

The pubs at the O2 itself are all chains, no craic. Best bet is a bag of cans. That's what I'll be doing. Lots of people outside canning it usually. :)

Haha actually?

That sounds like my sort of vibe alright

the hydro in Glasgow is similar thats its located in a campus just outside the city and theres not many bars around it. Theres a nice place in the SEC centre and theres a bar in the hotel im staying in. Happily at Glasgow Airport theres a JD Weatherspoons and a tesco with an Off Licence so ill be sorted :D:D

https://www.thessehydro.com/visitor-information/food-and-drink/clydebuilt

Watching the Amsterdam show from September on YouTube now. Getting very excited. First time seeing them indoors. Rds/marlay/festivals so it's always been outdoors. Can't wait to see them with a proper light show and no weather.

Yeah seen 3 times meself all outdoor shows, 2 of them albums in full

• Advertisement

Yeah seen 3 times meself all outdoor shows, 2 of them albums in full

Only saw them outdoors and both were Marley Park in 2008/2009

Can't wait Glasgow and won't be happy til I'm sitting in my seat in the arena

Advertisement