Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only saw them outdoors and both were Marley Park in 2008/2009

Can't wait Glasgow and won't be happy til I'm sitting in my seat in the arena

f0d4ab61bdd98529ebee0e822d184950--simpsons-quotes-the-simpsons.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only saw them outdoors and both were Marley Park in 2008/2009

Can't wait Glasgow and won't be happy til I'm sitting in my seat in the arena

Missed the Marlay shows it really was a time that ah sure they'll be here again next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha actually?

That sounds like my sort of vibe alright

Yeah for sure. There's a bit of a plaza just as you get off the tube. I've drank cans there before most O2 gigs here. There's a Tesco right there. Usually don't bother with more than one pint once I get in then - 7 quid last gig I was at :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The popup shop is dangerous. 7 tshirts, a hoody, and a hat are all coming home with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

feylya wrote: »
    The popup shop is dangerous. 7 tshirts, a hoody, and a hat are all coming home with me.

what were the prices like?

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    what were the prices like?

£20 for a tshirt, £22 for a long sleeve, £35 for a hoody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone else have to collect tickets from the box office? Is there likely to be long queues?

£20 for a tshirt, £22 for a long sleeve, £35 for a hoody.

with the exchange rate that's pretty good going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone else have to collect tickets from the box office? Is there likely to be long queues?

Bit of a disaster on that front. They emailed saying you could use e tickets, then an email saying you couldn't, then some staff saying you could and others saying you couldn't.

Got in with about ten minutes to spare.

Great gig.

The ticket situation was a bit weird. I got sent to some supervisor, who asked me where I bought the tickets, looked for ID, then sent me to someone who scanned the tickets, and said I couldn't get in. Eventually got in, and got the biggest leak ever. Great gig, apart from a bunch of arseholes trying to start a fight with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

The ticket situation was a bit weird. I got sent to some supervisor, who asked me where I bought the tickets, looked for ID, then sent me to someone who scanned the tickets, and said I couldn't get in. Eventually got in, and got the biggest leak ever. Great gig, apart from a bunch of arseholes trying to start a fight with us.

What happened?

fluke wrote: »
    What happened?

wasn't there myself but have experience of this sort of thing at London's O2, been to a few UFC events there and always a group of fcukin idiots, boozed up, starting trouble, kip of a venue in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Degag wrote: »

Yes,massive queues .
    Ticketmaster switched my tickets to Box office collection ,from DHL,as the O2 didnt supply Ticketmaster with the physical tickets for printing until Tuesday.
    Even then DHL is next day delivery so it would have been fine to get to me so as I could avoid the debacle yesterday.

Anyway the Box office collection was a nightmare,I was 50 minutes queuing and I arrived early enough ,before 5,foreseeing the delays.

They only had about 6 windows open and the staff were very slow.
    They didnt have seperate windows for collections and sales ,all the same, so you had people trying to buy tickets as well.

The people ahead of me were asked for ID and they showed the ID of their friend who bought the tickets and they O2 guy refused to give them the tickets.
    They had the credit card it was bought with and the receipt ,and a copy of the guys ID ,but the O2 guy said he couldnt give them the tickets.Supervisors had to be called,then Ticketmaster staff before eventually they got the tickets with the warning that they might not be allowed in anyway as there were ID checks.
    I never saw such nonsense in all my days ,this was going on at other windows too,the queues were barely moving.

I just handed in my reference number and card to the O2 guy and he gave me my tickets ,didnt even ask for ID ,lol,I did have it in case.

I went for a bite to eat and a warm whiskey to warm up after being out in the cold for almost an hour.

For entry to the main arena you had to go through airport style security ,and there werent seperate queues for standing or sitting ,just one queue.
    The queues were big and were barely moving ,it seems that they had run out of wristbands for people standing and these were blocking the way .

There were no ID checks ,to be honest I could barely even see my name on the ticket the writing was so tiny.
    Another 45 minutes queuing ,eventually they just told people seating to go straight through .
    I missed the first five minutes of the show as a result of these delays .

The organisation there is appalling ,it makes the 3arena look like a fine run machine in comparison.
    Friends who were standing said they were queuing for 90 minutes .

On to the show ,I had a great view ,front row in 111,couldnt have asked for a better seat.
    Great show ,really enjoyed it .

fluke wrote: »
    What happened?
    scudzilla wrote: »
    wasn't there myself but have experience of this sort of thing at London's O2, been to a few UFC events there and always a group of fcukin idiots, boozed up, starting trouble, kip of a venue in my eyes

Exactly this. Drunk idiots didn't like the idea of people standing near them, and claimed it to be their space... Ah well, the band were still on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Delighted too hear the band are on fire performance wise but dreading the que system. Although Glasgow is a small arena I'll try and que before 5.30 on Thursday ???

Yeah the organisation was a shambles.

Two big huge queues for entrance e and then entrance h. The queues basically snakes right around the building, but there was no barrier or stewards. Just two free for all queues, with people walking up and down the middle of them cutting in.

Started to queue at apx 6.15. Got in at 7.50. Metallica on at 8ish.

Inside then, there was no signs directing traffic. I was in standing, needed to go to level 1 to get the drinks we had pre ordered to save time. Only one way up the stairs and one way down. No signs though to let you know. So we went to 113, no it's 118, no it's block 001, basically being sent walking in a loop.

The three arena is absolutely flawless in comparison. I really expected more from the venue. It was a sold out show. They should have been prepared. If security is going to take 2 hours, open earlier. Have set queueing areas so there is no confusion. Make your your staff actually know what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I find myself in London tomorrow evening at a loose end. By any chance does anyone have a spare ticket for the O2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

s8n wrote: »
    I find myself in London tomorrow evening at a loose end. By any chance does anyone have a spare ticket for the O2 ?

Keep an eye on Metallica's Twitter feed,they released some extra tickets yesterday morning for last night's show, may happen again tomorrow,there's often production tickets released the day of a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lord lucan wrote: »

Keep an eye on Metallica's Twitter feed,they released some extra tickets yesterday morning for last night's show, may happen again tomorrow,there's often production tickets released the day of a show.
    Yes the box office were selling standing and seats most of yesterday afternoon and evening from what I saw.
    I could have a spare front row seat in 111 ,I will know tomorrow.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes the box office were selling standing and seats most of yesterday afternoon and evening from what I saw.
    I could have a spare front row seat in 111 ,I will know tomorrow.

Perfect, please let me know if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 coff1979

lord lucan wrote: »

i have a spare standing ticket if your interested

I’m very interested. Can you drop me a PM please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Heading over to the Manchester gig this Saturday, I've 2 seated tickets but will be on my own. Might try to swap the 2 for 1 seated or is there any way of sneaking down onto the floor?

Any other tips regarding the Manchester Arena?

I've the 10:38pm from Victoria to Liverpool booked so might be a bit of dashing for that.

I’m still searching for one for tonight if anyone has one. Standing would be preferred.

I’m still searching for one for tonight if anyone has one. Standing would be preferred.

The box office were definitely selling standing and seating early on Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Heading over to the Manchester gig this Saturday, I've 2 seated tickets but will be on my own. Might try to swap the 2 for 1 seated or is there any way of sneaking down onto the floor?

Any other tips regarding the Manchester Arena?

I've the 10:38pm from Victoria to Liverpool booked so might be a bit of dashing for that.

No tips really. Been there twice before on Korn and Green Day. Great venue with great acoustics. Stewards are checking everyone before entering from seating to standing area.

Looking forward to Saturday. Ryanair changed my flight do I am landing at 4:55pm in Manchester. Fingers crossed I will manage before they start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone heading over to Birmingham ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

On way now, went to pop up yesterday got one of the beefeater t-shirts, well into tees with backprint so pity there wasn't many that suited reasonably priced stuff if you were into it, it has to be said .

Jealous if everyone getting to experience it again. The new intro is so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What time do they come on stage at?

Advertisement