Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

They played spit out the bone tonight according to setlistfm.

Bollox anyway! Us poor Sunday folks got damage Inc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

D.Q wrote: »
    They played spit out the bone tonight according to setlistfm.

Bollox anyway! Us poor Sunday folks got damage Inc.

Can't wait to see the official video of it, sounds like Kirk got the guitars tight, shame Rob is singing, it doesn't have the same impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What time do they come on stage at?

Came on really late last night 20/30 mins than scheduled I think played their duration all the same. They were supposedly on about an hour earlier at the Sunday show but that was scheduled for earlier too.

Big lull for the "Confusion" track other than that was pretty much all killer. Top night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

1 day to go til Glasgow both excited and nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    1 day to go til Glasgow both excited and nervous

Is this your first time seeing them live, or is it nerves due to travelling alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is this your first time seeing them live, or is it nerves due to travelling alone?

He's seen them at least twice mentions 2 Marlay shows somewhere, not sure why nervous though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Saw they played Spit Out The Bone, kicking myself that I didn't go, was thinking about it back in when was it, March they announced the shows, between money and I having a course the last few months screwed up my chance in going. When the gig crept up money was looking better, could have gone but couldn't take days off, in like August I was seriously thinking of catching two shows in London as a birthday present to myself (today is the birthday) Last night I saw they played it and I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It looks like I'm going to be seeing the '2nd set list' in Manchester which is great as they played the '1st' in Cologne (Sept 14).

Really hoping to get Leper Messiah. Wonder if they will keep SOTB on the setlist now and give Blackened/Damage/Battery a break for the remainder of the tour?

gerrybbadd wrote: »

nerves of travelling alone but ill relax a bit when i board the plane and it lands hopefully :D:D

As wrongway said i saw them in Marlay Park in 2008/2009 but this is my first time seeing them indoors and cant wait

nerves of travelling alone but ill relax a bit when i board the plane and it lands hopefully :D:D

As wrongway said i saw them in Marlay Park in 2008/2009 but this is my first time seeing them indoors and cant wait

Nervous flyer PTH2009?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

you ll be grand, most of my traveling has been done on my own, i prefer it in many ways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

First time seeing them indoors on Saturday in Manchester.

Few people very happy with their London show :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Can't wait. First time indoor show for me as well. really like the setlist from London (22 Oct) and Lyon (12 Sept). hoping for something similar.

Greg81 wrote: »
    Can't wait. First time indoor show for me as well. really like the setlist from London (22 Oct) and Lyon (12 Sept). hoping for something similar.

The way its looked so far you will get something similar to London 22/10. The cover song will be different and the 3rd last will hopefully be SOTB. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

The way its looked so far you will get something similar to London 22/10. The cover song will be different and the 3rd last will hopefully be SOTB. Enjoy!

THX. It's Electric, Turn the Page or Tuesday's Gone (highly unlikely) would be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

We got turn the page in marlay park one year. That was so unexpected. One of my favourite covers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Would love to hear Astronomy, don't think they've ever played it live.

D.Q wrote: »
    We got turn the page in marlay park one year. That was so unexpected. One of my favourite covers.

I'd have no problem with this on Saturday's set-list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jason's back :D:D:D:D:D

This is from a charity gig last week, said it before but he was my fav member of the band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

scudzilla wrote: »

This is from a charity gig last week, said it before but he was my fav member of the band

incredible guy, jesus he can sing, great song to

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    incredible guy, jesus he can sing, great song to

Heard he loves spit out the bone

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Really hope they release the professionally recorded footage, but until crowd shot will have to do the trick.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Really hope they release the professionally recorded footage, but until crowd shot will have to do the trick.

James need to take Rob off the mike....he ruins the song with his penis voice. At least they can put the tribute band back in their box. Can't wait to see the official mix

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

James need to take Rob off the mike....he ruins the song with his penis voice. At least they can put the tribute band back in their box. Can't wait to see the official mix

Yeah Rob definitely should stay awake from backing vocals IF Spit becomes a set regular..

Yeah Rob definitely should stay awake from backing vocals IF Spit becomes a set regular..

He's better than Kirk though lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I didn't notice he was falling asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Looking forward to tonight. When I saw Spit Out The Bone got its debut in London I may have peed a little with excitement ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

scudzilla wrote: »

Better drummer than Lars ......... :D:P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Lemming wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight. When I saw Spit Out The Bone got its debut in London I may have peed a little with excitement ...

Same can't wait for later just about to board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It was the first time live lol. Give them a break. I'm sure they'll iron things out...?

Advertisement