Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I really don't see what the problem is with Rob's backing vocals, they're fine. He's not a frontman so what are people expecting?

Anyone looking for a spare seated ticket for Manchester drop me a PM (note you will have to put up with my backing vocals:p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I was at Tuesday nights show in London and while excellent, I dont get all the love on here for SOTB. I would have preferred Battery or Damage Inc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

s8n wrote: »
    I was at Tuesday nights show in London and while excellent, I dont get all the love on here for SOTB. I would have preferred Battery or Damage Inc

i'd prefer dropping nothing else matters then going straight into damage after spit, probably kill lars though.....now there's an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeah I'd love to see sotb on it's live debut, but it doesn't deserve the blackened/battery /damage Inc alot.

Looking at the differences on the setlist is strange. They have creeping death/fuel in the same spot. Would much prefer creeping death, not even close.

Same with through the never and leper messiah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a sick view here in Glasgow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Really hope they release the professionally recorded footage, but until crowd shot will have to do the trick.

Here you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What time do they go onstage for? Wondering how early to go into gig at. Want to get up close on a barrier.

**** what a gig

Setlist was great but missed a few favourites. The stage was incredible, arena is superb and these guys still got it

Missed the start of spit the bone bloody duty called lol

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Was in the O2 Sunday. Same deal - incredible gig and leaves you wanting more because of the few songs you wanted to hear but didn't. Anyone have any info on how to obtain tickets for the euro dates in the new year? I assume the ticketmaster allocation is gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Savage show,a little sore and a bit bruised, thought I was 18 all over again but worth the pain. Dare I say it but their live shows are getting better as they mature,slick production but still at the heart of it is the band bashing out the tunes. Wasn't expecting SOTB so soon after its debut but it sits well in that encore slot.

Would have preferred DNM over Confusion but that's minor nit picking, great set overall and now I find myself wanting to see them again on this euro run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Glad to hear so many positive comments. Looking forward to Manchester gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Man, Spit Out The Bone was epic, would have been better been actually there, still sickened I didn't fork out the cash and head over.

Also the amount of people giving out about Rob's backing vocals and wanting Jason back etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rob's voice doesn't actually sound too bad in the official video for SOTB. I'd have loved to have been in the crowd for that debut

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Man, Spit Out The Bone was epic, would have been better been actually there, still sickened I didn't fork out the cash and head over.

Also the amount of people giving out about Rob's backing vocals and wanting Jason back etc...

Jason's great, so's Rob. It's all good. The band are probably getting better because that's what the best part of 4 decades of constant practice does for you. It's incredible to see in the flesh. I love early 90s Metallica and it's like they've retained all of what was good then and added a maturity to the mix. They seem entirely comfortable with what they are. Maybe that wasn't always the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

They are sounding the best they have since the early 90s. No doubt about it.

James seems to have found his voice again. Kirk and lars can struggle but that's to be expected.

Seattle 1989 is probably the best live performance I've ever seen from any band. So that's an unfair comparison always lurking in the back of my mind.

Lars said the usual stuff in Glasgow post gig 'your just getting started'

The current euro run is due to end May 2018. Possibly we might get an outdoor show summer 2018 or 2019 If there doing a few festivals or they might decide too bring it too the 3arena or Belfast.

The hydro is more round than the 3arena and has a bigger standing area but they could of staged it in Dublin if they wanted too

It's a really kick ass show and still a bit pumped from seeing it lol

Is the mixing desk in the 3arana under Block D the problem ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lars said the usual stuff in Glasgow post gig 'your just getting started'

The current euro run is due to end May 2018. Possibly we might get an outdoor show summer 2018 or 2019 If there doing a few festivals or they might decide too bring it too the 3arena or Belfast.

The hydro is more round than the 3arena and has a bigger standing area but they could of staged it in Dublin if they wanted too

It's a really kick ass show and still a bit pumped from seeing it lol

Is the mixing desk in the 3arana under Block D the problem ???

Too be honest, i think it's more the promoters in Ireland. There's a money issue somewhere and it's a stumbling block. I don't buy the "stage won't fit" bollocks. It's an easy way out. They could sell out a gig in punchestown no problem. Was talking to a lad earlier in the barber's that only discovered Metallica since hardwired was released, he was like a kid in a candy store....mental.

Too be honest, i think it's more the promoters in Ireland. There's a money issue somewhere and it's a stumbling block. I don't buy the "stage won't fit" bollocks. It's an easy way out. They could sell out a gig in punchestown no problem. Was talking to a lad earlier in the barber's that only discovered Metallica since hardwired was released, he was like a kid in a candy store....mental.

They were regular enough visitors here for a while and have not played Dublin since 2009 and Belfast after a long absence in 2010. Really odd ??? We're prob one of the bigger markets excluding Russia to be left off the worldwired tour

Can’t wait. Listening various singles. Manchester will be epic. It has to be ;)

Lanxess holds 21,000, Manchester Arena holds 23,000.

Id guess the 3 Arena isn't financially viable from either the bands or promoters side if you consider it would hold around 11,000 roughly?

• Advertisement

The hydro in Glasgow only fitted 13000 but the layout of the place suited the show more than say the 3arena would

From The Hydro’s Facebook:

“WHAT. A. NIGHT. Congrats to Metallica, they broke the record for the highest attendance figures at The SSE Hydro! :metal: #MetInGlasgow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Lanxess holds 21,000, Manchester Arena holds 23,000.

Id guess the 3 Arena isn't financially viable from either the bands or promoters side if you consider it would hold around 11,000 roughly?

The 3arena would hold 13,500 for Metallica's stage setup.
    Thats similar to the Hydro.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The 3arena would hold 13,500 for Metallica's stage setup.
    Thats similar to the Hydro.

Back to why I said there's a financial block somewhere, obviously in Ireland. Some cute hoor wants something and the other side isn't giving it.

Back to why I said there's a financial block somewhere, obviously in Ireland. Some cute hoor wants something and the other side isn't giving it.

Probably a money agreement allright like you say.

I much prefer the 3arena and its more casual approach
    The O2 left a bad taste in my mouth with its over the top security and gestapo like tactics for collecting tickets ,the place is terribly run especially the box office where they seem to think that they can treat people like dirt.
    I dont think I will go back there again .

The 3 has a 13,000 capacity. How much less to accommodate Metallicas central stage set up?

The 3 has a 13,000 capacity. How much less to accommodate Metallicas central stage set up?

U2 and iron maiden played there. The stage setup doesn't wash. It's some greedy fcuker over here holding things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

U2 and iron maiden played there. The stage setup doesn't wash. It's some greedy fcuker over here holding things up.

Of course it is, just looking at ticket prices from this tour and you can see it's all about the money

Capacity would be higher than 13000 with their stage as its smaller than the end stage .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Zardoz wrote: »
    Capacity would be higher than 13000 with their stage as its smaller than the end stage .

Unless it's the legal capacity, based on exits.

• Advertisement

Epic gig last night in Manchester!!! Next stop Geneva!

Advertisement