Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Greg81 wrote: »
    Epic gig last night in Manchester!!! Next stop Geneva!

ManUNkind was class I thought, as was SOTB. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Dont look back in anger-surprised they even knew it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Zico ! wrote: »

Nah Lars thinks he's noels BFF... Noel doesn't remember ever meeting him though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Nah Lars thinks he's noels BFF... Noel doesn't remember ever meeting him though :)

And Noel hates metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coff1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    U2 and iron maiden played there. The stage setup doesn't wash. It's some greedy fcuker over here holding things up.

Of course it is, just looking at ticket prices from this tour and you can see it's all about the money
    my ticket for Tuesday night was 86.75 including booking fee...just checked and the killers are charging the same price in the same venue in a few weeks. Metallica have always charged give or take the going rate so I don't understand the whinging and moaning about ticket prices

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    U2 and iron maiden played there. The stage setup doesn't wash. It's some greedy fcuker over here holding things up.

Of course it is, just looking at ticket prices from this tour and you can see it's all about the money
    my ticket for Tuesday night was 86.75 including booking fee...just checked and the killers are charging the same price in the same venue in a few weeks. Metallica have always charged give or take the going rate so I don't understand the whinging and moaning about ticket prices

Zico ! wrote: »

a quick google shows they've had a few nights out on the town together and they were photographed backstage at Glastonbury together so I think Noel has no problem remembering meeting him:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

sugarman wrote: »
    While it might on par with prices here and the UK of late, theyre charging the same ticket prices throughout their current tour which in places like Krakow (Where I was looking to head) cost the locals almost a weeks wage!

Ticket prices is what put me off going to see them personally, couldn't part with that kind of cash for a band on the decline with crap support on top of traveling/accommodation expenses. Just not worth it.

It was worth every penny. They certainly werent on the decline in Cologne or last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

I can't believe the comment about them being in decline, the London show was outstanding. Different to how they used to be? 36 years in the game will have taught them many lessons so yes, they are different. Waning? Not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Zardoz

coff1979 wrote: »

The Killers tickets for standing and upper tier are way cheaper.
    Even their lower level seats are £10 cheaper but The Killers tickets are relatively cheap for a band of their popularity.

I was well chuffed with my seats ,front row 111 ,near the stage.
    I got them about a month before the gig on Ticketmaster ,I reckon they were unsold vip tickets put back on general sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just landed in Birmingham. Looking forward to the gig tonight. Have been avoiding looking up set lists but SOTB will be class. Any good pubs in Birmingham before the gig? The arena is a bit of out the way it’s beside the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ticket pricing isn't solely due to an artist or bands earnings, all costs must be covered. I'd say the list of all earners is long with big bands such as Metallica, from venue, tour companies including riggers, equipment rental companies including trucking companies, insurance, full time Metallica staff, etc etc. It all adds up. I'd love to know the break down, but it's probably all hidden behind legal contracts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

OK. Few quick words after Manchester gig.

Pure class. It was my 4th Metallica concert. Manchester Arena is a great venue. Great acoustics and sound quality. Guys delivered in 110%. Liked the setlist. The Day That Never Comes was a nice surprise for me, but For Whom the Bell Tolls just blown me away. SOTB class. I just wanted more and more. Managed to catch few guitar picks and scored poster + t-shirt. It was my last big concert this year (very, very good year concert wise) and I am super happy I could be there. Can't wait to see them in Geneva next year.

Enjoy the next gigs guys. They still got it, they never lost it, they are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Glasgow was unreal and I'll never forget it

Arena was superb, stage was cool and band were on fire

kvelertak were ok but would of liked a bigger support act like Volbeat or Trivium.

Metallica are getting better with age. A tiny bit sad we didn't get a few songs on the setlist like of Wolf and man, Battery, Day that never comes but with a back catalogue like Metallicas they have too pick and choose. Loved Memory remains, Blitzkreig, Moth into flame (the lights were cool). Seek and Destroy and FWTBT were amazing as was One, Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman. Hopefully they will play Ireland on this tour, if u can afford and have time too travel abroad to a see a show on this tour do it you will not regret it. Can't wait for the release of the Glasgow Mp3

The tour programme is very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Lads anyone know good ticket sources for Europe. I'm desperate to see this tour again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love to go, but all the tickets are sold out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

So Rob has been in Metallica 14 years and 8 months. Longer than Jason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

So Rob has been in Metallica 14 years and 8 months. Longer than Jason?

Yeah, that's right Jason joined Metallica at the end of October 1986, a month after Cliff died, Jason was in the band until January 2001 so that would be 14 years and 3 months. Mad to think Rob is in the band longer and only has 2 albums under his belt, a fair bit of touring done though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The Money Will Roll Right In sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Money Will Roll Right In sounds great.
    ...... probably their motto also ...... :D:P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Is there anywhere other than Apple music to listen to its electric? PM me if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It's never going to happen, but it would be great to see Metallica link up with Flemming Rasmussen again, there seems to be a lot of mutual respect and admiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Awesome performance form the boys that I'm enjoying again up full blast with a few beers. The biggest thing from watching this is how much of a beast Jason was on stage and how great a back up vocalist he was. Harvester from 7 mins on sums up Jason and what he gave...

And I give you, audio of Jason's first and second audition with Metallica, feeling nostalgic?

Put in earphones, listen to that bass grumble :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^ Was just listening to that, god damn the bass is just brilliant..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ^^^ Was just listening to that, god damn the bass is just brilliant..

I know, right? Loved Jason, poor guy never got the recognition he deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dexter647 wrote: »
    Awesome performance form the boys that I'm enjoying again up full blast with a few beers. The biggest thing from watching this is how much of a beast Jason was on stage and how great a back up vocalist he was. Harvester from 7 mins on sums up Jason and what he gave...

Was at that gig, some day it was, great weather, great friends, one of the best times i've seen them

Here's a documentary from the gig, well worth a watch

Advertisement