Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

I think at the same performance James's voice was pretty shot, in 1993 they were at the end of the black album tour, hundreds of dates, think I heard disposable heroes from the show and James's voice was very strained. Instrument wise they sounded amazing. Great gig though, Jason sounded class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    And I give you, audio of Jason's first and second audition with Metallica, feeling nostalgic?

Put in earphones, listen to that bass grumble :P

That's really good! I know I could usually be seen a a detractor of Jason's, (like nothing against the chap but Metallica to me is, and always has been, the creation James and Lars), but that sounds amazing!!!!

Was that on the MoP remastered edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

That's really good! I know I could usually be seen a a detractor of Jason's, (like nothing against the chap but Metallica to me is, and always has been, the creation James and Lars), but that sounds amazing!!!!

Was that on the MoP remastered edition?

It was yeah it was jam packed with never heard/seen footage, a bootleg video of their first shows in Japan with Jason, had some extra audio of shows from that tour, I think there is a cassette tape in it of Cliff's last show, photos and CD/Vinyl of the remastered album as well as Jason's auditions, think that's the jist of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    It was yeah it was jam packed with never heard/seen footage, a bootleg video of their first shows in Japan with Jason, had some extra audio of shows from that tour, I think there is a cassette tape in it of Cliff's last show, photos and CD/Vinyl of the remastered album as well as Jason's auditions, think that's the jist of it.

It's all available on Spotify, I have all 3 first remasters downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The end of 1994 was more or less the end of the Black Album touring, James' voice was gone from 1993 and I'm surprised it lasted that long. The band had little choice but to take some time away. I'm actually surprised they came back so fast with Load and ReLoad looking back, I think if the same thing happened today it would be a much bigger hiatus between tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The end of 1994 was more or less the end of the Black Album touring, James' voice was gone from 1993 and I'm surprised it lasted that long. The band had little choice but to take some time away. I'm actually surprised they came back so fast with Load and ReLoad looking back, I think if the same thing happened today it would be a much bigger hiatus between tours.

Good to see you back Crue, hope all's well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

all seems quite in Metallica HQ regarding there touring plans from Summer 2018 onwards. I knw there doing 2 more 8 date Euro legs for the first half of 2018

So happy i got the chance to see them live on this tour and hopefully they will return to Ireland very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Came across this on Reddit

https://i.imgur.com/fPbQBJQ.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hot tube productions

that's a fun pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Garage Days remastered now I see.
    Hmmm, I was going to get the original Garage Inc double album which included this. They’ll hardly remaster that one too?
    Waiting for AJFA now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Did I just hear James Hetfield's name being mentioned on Radio Nova in connection with the upcoming Gary Moore tribute gig!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

From ongoing 3 part doc on BBC4 on friday about the music business. Metallicas manager reveals that since napster stuff etc they didn't have to but realized they could charge 3 times what they were charging for the live show...so did...sound lads!

Did I just hear James Hetfield's name being mentioned on Radio Nova in connection with the upcoming Gary Moore tribute gig!??

what show ???

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

This time last year I was getting ready to go see them in Copenhagen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what show ???

P(r)at Courtenay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »

Doesn't he act every time he steps on stage?

"Are you with me, ARE YOOUU WIITH MEEE "
    " The m€tallica family" etc etc ... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

greenspurs wrote: »
    Doesn't he act every time he steps on stage?

And it's kind of scripted, as I have bought a lot of the LiveMetallica downloads over the years and James says the same things between the same songs at most of the places they play. (Do you like Heavy? Metallica gives you heavy baybeeeeeee... is a well trotted out one before Sad But True. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard that!) Metallica was in an episode of Billions and James had a small speaking role, as himself of course. So yeah, acting and performing on stage are very similar. It's all entertainment, baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Okon wrote: »
    And it's kind of scripted, as I have bought a lot of the LiveMetallica downloads over the years and James says the same things between the same songs at most of the places they play. (Do you like Heavy? Metallica gives you heavy baybeeeeeee... is a well trotted out one before Sad But True. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard that!) Metallica was in an episode of Billions and James had a small speaking role, as himself of course. So yeah, acting and performing on stage are very similar. It's all entertainment, baby!

He does the exact same ad libs in songs as well, at pretty much every gig. "Good God" at the very start of Ride the Lightning for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He does the exact same ad libs in songs as well, at pretty much every gig. "Good God" at the very start of Ride the Lightning for example.

Ah yes, the oxymoron that is James’ ad libs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

This is why my interest in seeing them stopped after the Load tour. It just seemed to be the same thing over and over. :confused:

Ahh yes..
    "Scripted Ad libs" -

What are yere favs?

"We wont leave it this long next time" - Eddie Vedder (every 6/7 years they come to Ireland)
    "I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, but this is the best crowd we've played for" - Dave Mustaine , Point Depot 91

The token hes "part irish" .... yadda yadda ...

greenspurs wrote: »
    Ahh yes..
    "Scripted Ad libs" -

What are yere favs?

"We wont leave it this long next time" - Eddie Vedder (every 6/7 years they come to Ireland)
    "I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, but this is the best crowd we've played for" - Dave Mustaine , Point Depot 91

The token hes "part irish" .... yadda yadda ...

My favourite is "Oh Yeah" - James Hetfield

Crowd "Yeah"

"Oh Yeah" - Hetfield

Crowd "Yeah!"

"Master. Of. Puppetttttts" - Hetfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

My favourite is "Oh Yeah" - James Hetfield

Crowd "Yeah"

"Oh Yeah" - Hetfield

Crowd "Yeah!"

"Master. Of. Puppetttttts" - Hetfield

Don't forget - Metallica loves you!

"And heres our friend, and yours..... Mr Robert Trujillo.......... " *Crowd roar

"Can I get a Ughhh ....... UGGGGHHHHH .... Fcuk yeh " *Devils horn sign with his hands, tongue out ......

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Loads of faves; James:"Are you still here?" at encore time, always makes me smile. It would be funny if everyone had left! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭briany

Some of those scripted ad-libs are iconic, though.

* James smashing Lars' cymbal with his fist
    * Jason doing the howl during the breakdown in Of Wolf and Man
    * The staged set collapse during Enter Sandman and the 'burning dude' (as he's credited) running across the stage.
    * Jason's "Motherf@cking DIE!" in Creeping Death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

briany wrote: »
    Some of those scripted ad-libs are iconic, though.

* Jason's "Motherf@cking DIE!" in Creeping Death

Just to add a few more Jasonisms

* Signing the final verse in Creeping Death

* Occasionally singing Seek and Destroy

• Advertisement

I miss Jason:(

Advertisement