Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I miss Jason:(

for sure, said it many times, he was my fav ever member of the band, met him a few times and the guy was so genuine.

First time was outside the Manchester Apollo on the Justice tour in Oct '88, we'd met Lars briefly in town earlier that day (he was standing on a street corner waiting for a taxi!!), after the gig the band came out front entrance, Lars and James jumped straight into the bus, Kirk signed maybe 5 autographs (incl my AJFA album), then Jason stayed outside for 30mins making sure everyone got something signed, bet the band were raging having to wait for him.

His vocals added such a different and better dimension to the band

Here's a gig from 2000 in U.S that James couldn't play as had major back issue, Jason sang the whole gig, would have loved to have been there

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Any news on summer gigs lads? I'm having withdrawal symptoms after the O2 show. Wanted to go to one of the European shows too but can't justify the ticket resale prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Any news on summer gigs lads? I'm having withdrawal symptoms after the O2 show. Wanted to go to one of the European shows too but can't justify the ticket resale prices.

I know never say never but they did say when they announced the European tour that no further dates would be added.

https://www.metallica.com/blog/news/443963/the-worldwired-tour-continues-in-europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The prices to see Metallica are here to stay, if not rise, Peter Mensch more or less said the same.
    As for more dates, not a hope, they have a new touring schedule and will stick to it, 2wk stints, no back to back gigs, even like in Madrid last week, 2 gigs, whereas before they'd have done them on consecutive nights, now it's a day off in between.
    And also remember James has said they were only going to play a maximum of 50 (I think it was 50) gigs per year now

No problem with the prices. It's the resale prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So James Is an actor now??

Seek and Arrest! :)

27578932_1997331930538075_3709776507271380992_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

We went to Lisbon start of the month to see them, ended up getting the Whiplash Experience for less than a resale tkt..... mental!

CD2017 wrote: »

We went to Lisbon start of the month to see them, ended up getting the Whiplash Experience for less than a resale tkt..... mental!

Where'd you pick that up?

Okon wrote: »
    Seek and Arrest! :)

Good makeup, hiding the tattoos on the hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So James Is an actor now??

Assuming it's an actual film that director his only other is Blair Witch 2...

...and Zac Effron is the lead in it!!

...I wouldn't be holding out hope that this will be any good at all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd love to see James Hetfield pop up in the occasional acting role. I'd like to think he could be decent-to-good character actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

Where'd you pick that up?

Birthday Gift, he purchased it through ticketblue (I think or something similar) ... it was great. To be honest if it had been in Ireland it would probably have been more craic but it was a really great experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

They posted some cryptic message on fb a while ago saying "Monday"

Tour dates i'm guessing but not getting too exited!!

Degag wrote: »
    They posted some cryptic message on fb a while ago saying "Monday"

Tour dates i'm guessing but not getting too exited!!

North America it seems

https://twitter.com/BLABBERMOUTHNET/status/967157413802426368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Didn't they do that last summer?

US dates, Sep '19 - Mar '19. Seems to be 3 weeks on, 1 month off.

A lot of the gigs are in the 'secondary' cities that maybe were missed first time around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will they tour Europe and play Ireland summer 2019 ??

2009 was the last Dublin date, 2010 Belfast

Loved the Glasgow gig last Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

F**k sake.....should have went to England in October.

Facing another gigless summer it's looking like...

I would doubt that myself. Why announce tour dates for next autumn before potential tour dates in summer. There'll be nothing in these islands in 2018 I'd say.

I would doubt that myself. Why announce tour dates for next autumn before potential tour dates in summer. There'll be nothing in these islands in 2018 I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

If anyone is heading across the pond I can share my pre-sale code. Will not be using it.

I am heading to Geneva in April. Hope the gig will be as good as one in Manchester last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Greg81 wrote: »
    If anyone is heading across the pond I can share my pre-sale code. Will not be using it.

I am heading to Geneva in April. Hope the gig will be as good as one in Manchester last year.

Damn, wish I'd seen this earlier. Hoping to get to Buffalo or Albany show later in the year (or both). Will take my chances in the public sale on Friday. Pre sale sold out of standing tickets as far as I can see.

2019 is what he suggests though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

2019 is what he suggests though :pac:

I think 2019 might even be a bit iffy. The problem seems to be venue size in Ireland, we don't really have the size/capacity of indoor stadium that makes sense for this type of tour production.

I actually had no idea how complex and heavy that new floating lightbox thingy stage setup was until I saw that documentary on Youtube.

In positive news though, the crowd singing Halo on Fire is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/F-57bsrHjFc?t=1h4m1s

I think 2019 might even be a bit iffy. The problem seems to be venue size in Ireland, we don't really have the size/capacity of indoor stadium that makes sense for this type of tour production.

That's what we're led to believe, Muse tour proved it could be done.

Any 2019 tour would likely be including some festivals anyhow so wouldn't say indoors would be considered if they coming here be similar to their summer outdoor tour they did with A7X and Volbeat/Gojira in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Went online earlier to try for standing tickets for Buffalo and Albany shows. Only selling them as part of a package, 400 dollars and you get a poster! Plenty of seats still available. Not sure whether to chance getting a standing ticket later or just book a seat now. I've yet to book flights or hotels.

It annoys me now the way they sell concert tickets now.

They really cheap out on the arena support Jim Breuer for the latest announcement...ffs that's dreadful :D

0cccd79f8e453bba0df5c7f3dd2d0e85.jpg

I think Dave Mustaine is credited on 6 Met songs, total. What I want to know is whether the Met lads did so out of a sense of fair dues to Dave, or because if they hadn't, Dave could in some way prove that those were his riffs they were using and take them to task.

Dave has supposedly claimed that they were using some of his stuff on Leper Messiah, too, so if Metallica were crediting him out of a sense of duty, then this would have been a strange omission (if it were true, that is).

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    I think Dave Mustaine is credited on 6 Met songs, total. What I want to know is whether the Met lads did so out of a sense of fair dues to Dave, or because if they hadn't, Dave could in some way prove that those were his riffs they were using and take them to task.

Dave has supposedly claimed that they were using some of his stuff on Leper Messiah, too, so if Metallica were crediting him out of a sense of duty, then this would have been a strange omission (if it were true, that is).

Well there are a couple of songs that he's claiming he wrote 100% by himself

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dave-mustaine-metallica-no-life-til-leather/

Advertisement