Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Malice wrote: »
    Pfft, if he was that metal he'd be made of aluminium so nothing as weak as rust could possibly affect his metalness.

Real manly metal rusts.

That fancy aluminium stuff is only good for wrapping sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Kess73 wrote: »
    That fancy aluminium stuff is only good for wrapping sandwiches.

Don't mention sandwiches, our new leader might get hungry...heed James' advice....

"Just like stray, feed it once, and now it stays"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

Maybe Blackpowder doesn't actually mean Metallica but is talking about this or this?

were those people named with a nod to the band or what? reminds me of the svedish couple that tried to name their tyke metallica.. :o another reason ill never go to scandinavia. n i'll never let em near my child, slayer. but then metal fans r the commonplace chavs of the world, bar a small exclusive strip which emcompasses ireland UK holland germany n poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭blackpowder

please if u could show me some respect :mad: for coming on here as i say i am a cool rocker whos mattlicas biggezst irish fan i have followed the band for 9 yearzs now i wear the tight jeans the upside down cross and the studded leather jacket and a bullet belt so i think i should get some respect as a cool rocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

please if u could show me some respect :mad: for coming on here as i say i am a cool rocker whos mattlicas biggezst irish fan i have followed the band for 9 yearzs now i wear the tight jeans the upside down cross and the studded leather jacket and a bullet belt so i think i should get some respect as a cool rocker

Jesus Christ! an upside down cross.. seriously?! you should have said. Where did you get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If anybody EVER says that metal fans have no sense of humour then redirect them to this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

now yer just appearing like random twat for whom Metallica means metal encapsulated :/ precisely what i fear, for the genre in general!

This is fantastic, there's probably some guy in a basement right now turning back old Black Sabbath vinyl's to hear them plotting to kill Geezer when his back is turned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Metallergy wrote: »
    were those people named with a nod to the band or what?
    God knows. It's beyond cringe-worthy if that is the case.
    D.Q wrote: »
    Jesus Christ! an upside down cross.. seriously?! you should have said. Where did you get it?
    Yeah, I'd like to know too. All I ever see for sale here in Ireland are those crosses that are the right way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice, you will offer him your respect and fall on your Mod sword. :P

I refuse to acknowledge this "malice" as moderator. Malice without tthe "_" is like samson without the hair. Powerless.

:P

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I refuse to acknowledge this "malice" as moderator. Malice without tthe "_" is like samson without the hair. Powerless.

Oh the temptation to bring out the still-as-powerful-as-ever ban hammer... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Oh the temptation to bring out the still-as-powerful-as-ever ban hammer... :pac:

Dare ya ;)

I've never seen this in English, funny enough, and whenever I try to find it it's always terrible quality. I know what the translation means and it's even funnier to hear in Italian.

This I've never seen....bit weird....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Max Power1 wrote: »

Very true, and I bet that this Malice character does not have a studded leather jacket or a bullet belt.

In fact Malice could be the anti-metal.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Very true, and I bet that this Malice character does not have a studded leather jacket or a bullet belt.

In fact Malice could be the anti-metal.:D

Good Charlotte?

pmsl

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dare ya ;)
    Ah no, I'd better not. I'd probably end up having to field a Dispute Resolution thread and the admins would take a dim view of the ban hammer being used needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭blackpowder

now now guys we,re all cool roc kers on this furum we,re all fans of the same cool bands like death leppard megadepth and matallica so less of the hammer talk please

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

now now guys we,re all cool roc kers on this furum we,re all fans of the same cool bands like death leppard megadepth and matallica so less of the hammer talk please

I'm not

That gives me an idea for a thread - Misheard band names. We could have Nightfish, Mesh hugger, Mushy Ned, Guns N' Poses, Slay Her and many more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

death leppard megadepth and matallica so less of the hammer talk please

They sound like cool tribute bands!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

lord lucan wrote: »
    They sound like cool tribute bands!:pac:

On what planet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Maybe it's time to wield the hammer to the obvious troll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Diamond Head originally wrote So What, it is not a Metallica song, just a popular Metallica cover.
    It was actually Anti-Nowhere League, Diamond Head are a bit less trollish.

Wow, in one sentence you've managed to insult three of my favourite bands

Kindly get out

Degag wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to wield the hammer to the obvious troll?
    Ah no, I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Another American tour for Metallica in 2011 now, confirmed

163126_192793024079513_191693880856094_701557_5851930_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Another American tour for Metallica in 2011 now, confirmed

163126_192793024079513_191693880856094_701557_5851930_n.jpg

now if only we could have that gig in Dublin !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm hoping they play it in Madison Square Gardens. I'd be on a plane in a minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

feylya wrote: »
    I'm hoping they play it in Madison Square Gardens. I'd be on a plane in a minute!

Giants Stadium NJ is as near as you'll probably get,most likely an outdoor show in a stadium i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

will Anthrax have a cardboard cut out as a singer this time?

Advertisement