Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cant wait for the lars ****e

'hey guys how has it been 10 years since we played Ireland, it will not happen again' BS

anyway hoping for a top class support. Xmas will be even better knowing we have a Metallica show to look forward too. Last Oct in Glasgow was unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,150 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Checked Joe.ie comments to see any negative reactions and it seems there's a lot of excitement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cant wait for the lars ****e

'hey guys how has it been 10 years since we played Ireland, it will not happen again' BS

Or James... nice to see the Metallica familee is alive and well in Dublin, Yeaaah! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

The Slane Castle instagram page has put a bit off a dampener on things by denying all speculation on social media pages!Hopefully it's someone with a big mouth trying to save face :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Dozyart wrote: »
    The Slane Castle instagram page has put a bit off a dampener on things by denying all speculation on social media pages!Hopefully it's someone with a big mouth trying to save face :pac::pac:

Yeah was a bit strange that there was no official statement when it broke. Could be that they’re not playing there at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah was a bit strange that there was no official statement when it broke. Could be that they’re not playing there at all!!

So what's the difference between this and the dude who has been banging on for months that Metallica are doing Slane. I mean is it an " official rumour " now? Or have the Sun just been reading this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Could be trying to put people off the scent??

glucifer wrote: »
    So what's the difference between this and the dude who has been banging on for months that Metallica are doing Slane. I mean is it an " official rumour " now? Or have the Sun just been reading this thread?

You would have to think there is something concrete behind it. But..... it is the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I said last week or week before that they were playing Slane and Donington and will have a few Donington bands as support (Maiden also headlining)

Lars is a completist, loves doing new thing and Slane is, for sure, 1 of those venues he wants to tick the box off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So apparently Metallica were supposed to play Dublin this year but from reading the article they chose Slane. I'm happy enough either way. Been a long time coming I think.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I said last week or week before that they were playing Slane and Donington and will have a few Donington bands as support (Maiden also headlining)

Lars is a completist, loves doing new thing and Slane is, for sure, 1 of those venues he wants to tick the box off
    Just seen LimpBizkit are supporting them in Donington. Could be the ‘big’ support band needed to shift a few extra tickets in Slane!

Just seen LimpBizkit are supporting them in Donington. Could be the ‘big’ support band needed to shift a few extra tickets in Slane!

Limp Bizkit are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,469 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »

Where has that been mooted?

Ax7, Ghost, Limp Bizkit and maybe an Irish band would shift quite a few tickets.

I love Metallica and have seen them over 25 times but no way will I be buying a ticket, countless tickets going for 20quid outside GnR, was even given a free one, this is gonna be a cheap gig for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Limp Bizkit? Please no

Limp Bizkit are terrible

Can’t disagree with you but they’d shift a few tickets

Mushy wrote: »
    Where has that been mooted?

I’ve mooted itðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can’t disagree with you but they’d shift a few tickets

Would they? Who listens to them

rob316 wrote: »
    Would they? Who listens to them

I just think they’d have nostalgia factor from the 2000s

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »

They just want to make the official announcement on their terms. You know, have yer man Mountcharles announce it with the cameras on etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I read somewhere that Slane has been pencilled in for June 8th as opposed to the last weekend in May. That would make alot of sense if they're doing the Download crossover, because then Slane will be on the same weekend as DL

Lithium93_ wrote: »

That came out a good few hours ago. Rte still have it fairly prominently in their feed so would think they’d pull it if they thought it was bogus

D.Q wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Slane has been pencilled in for June 8th as opposed to the last weekend in May. That would make alot of sense if they're doing the Download crossover, because then Slane will be on the same weekend as DL

Download the following weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

That's what I've seen on the metclub forum too. Source being someone inside ticketmaster according to the poster in question; Saturday June 8th. Of course it's an anonymous poster in t'internet so ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Download the following weekend?

Nah I think download is usually between the 8th-12th. Generally the weekend after our June Bank Holiday. So it'd make sense for Metallica to play slane on the Saturday, headline download on the Sunday. Support for Slane made up of a few Friday/Sunday download bands

Nah I think download is usually between the 8th-12th. Generally the weekend after our June Bank Holiday. So it'd make sense for Metallica to play slane on the Saturday, headline download on the Sunday. Support for Slane made up of a few Friday/Sunday download bands

Download is 14--16 June and Metallica will definitely not play Slane the same weekend as they will not, under any circumstances, play 2 gigs on consecutive nights, their touring schedule is pretty set out now. 7 dates over 2wks then a break

It's just been reported on today FM that an official announcement will be made next Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I have a funny feeling we might see the Foo Fighters supporting them...

I remember an interview last year with Lars and Dave and they talked about touring together one day.

That with another 2/3 decent bands and it would probably sell out.

• Advertisement

PCros wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling we might see the Foo Fighters supporting them...

I remember an interview last year with Lars and Dave and they talked about touring together one day.

That with another 2/3 decent bands and it would probably sell out.
    Seriously? I’d doubt that very much. Foo Fighters aint a support band.

Advertisement