Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

D.Q wrote: »
    In a couple of other write ups too.

Most had “according to the Sun” in their write ups though, RTÉ, Buzz, Entertainment.ie for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Anyone got a link to the press conference?
    go to MCD's page on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Don't pay any attention to the Sun. F@&!ING rag.

Liverpool fan ? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Wanton wrote: »
    Anyone want to guess how quickly the tickets will sell?

Got friends looking to travel from Jersey and Portugal and not sure if they will have time confirmed off by Friday :|

It won't sell out quickly, if at all. They may announce a sold out show sometime on Friday, but it won't be. Anyone that wants a ticket for this concert will get one.

Anyone got a link to the press conference?

Didn’t see it but just read some of the quotes on RTÉ and yer man Mountcharles really seems to be stretching things a bit with the links between Slane and Metallica, “they formed in 1981 and the first Slane was in 1981 and they covered a Thin Lizzy song and they headlined here too”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ozzy jr wrote: »
    It won't sell out quickly, if at all. They may announce a sold out show sometime on Friday, but it won't be. Anyone that wants a ticket for this concert will get one.

If you want a ticket wait till a few weeks before,they will be going for half price.
    No point in buying now 9 months in advance.
    The promoter is very considerate waiting till pay day to put tickets on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

greenspurs wrote: »
    Liverpool fan ? :rolleyes:

I could be wrong but I dont think he is. Perhaps he just knows - like anyone with half a brain - that the S*n actually is a f*cking rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I could be wrong but I dont think he is. Perhaps he just knows - like anyone with half a brain - that the S*n actually is a f*cking rag.

I am a Liverpool fan, but as you say, anyone with half a brain knows that the Sun is a rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

As mentioned early on in this thread those 2/3 bands to be announced will be measured on how well this concert sells.

It being one week out from Download helps MCD to pick from a decent pool of bands that will be over this side of the world come June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Scraping the barrel with the whole Slane thing now it's had its day. Very few bands can sell the venue out now not least these guys. Read its all cash with them now didn't these thrash metal Satanists do a duet with Lady Gaga?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Scraping the barrel with the whole Slane thing now it's had its day. Very few bands can sell the venue out now not least these guys. Read its all cash with them now didn't these thrash metal Satanists do a duet with Lady Gaga?

Satanists?? Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,281 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thrash Metal satanists? Don't think you have ever actually listened to them.

They have done loads of collaborations across many genre. It's cash with every band don't be naive. Crossing over into the mainstream is what has kept them relevant and reached a higher level of success than their trash metal counterparts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

LOL, old man yells at cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

They will 100% sell it out.

e9d.jpg

didn't these thrash metal Satanists do a duet with Lady Gaga?

Very good duet too (well the rehearsal was, when the mic was working)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    They will 100% sell it out.

e9d.jpg

No they won’t. Ticketmaster may say that it has sold out. Create a bit of a flurry. Next time you then hear of a possible ticket for sale for Metallica, you will be more inclined to make sure you grab that ticket. All of a sudden, you’re off the “ah shure, I’ll get it at a later date” fence. There’s a bigger fanbase for Guns n Roses, and yet the week before the gig, I could have picked up tickets easily for less than €50 a piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

tempted to get the VIP compond ticket

18245s.jpg

Areas available for sale:
    Gold Circle - Standing
    Standing
    VIP Castle Compound (Online Only)

VIP Castle Compound Includes:
    - Reserved VIP Car Parking
    - Premium Reserved Grandstand Seating
    - Panoramic views of the Entire Concert Site
    - Food Court, Coffee Dock & VIP Bar - (all cash basis)
    - Located beside the Castle
    - Outdoor Garden Furnished Area
    - Customer Care & Event Management team in attendance

PLEASE NOTE
    The *VIP CAR PARK is located on the R163, access to which is ONLY PERMITTED via Navan and Garda divert route.
    ALL OTHER ROADS through Slane village will be CLOSED.
    o Please follow directions from Gardai and stewards.
    o Car park opens from 1pm on day of event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

No they won’t. Ticketmaster may say that it has sold out. Create a bit of a flurry. Next time you then hear of a possible ticket for sale for Metallica, you will be more inclined to make sure you grab that ticket. All of a sudden, you’re off the “ah shure, I’ll get it at a later date” fence. There’s a bigger fanbase for Guns n Roses, and yet the week before the gig, I could have picked up tickets easily for less than €50 a piece.

james-hetfield-james-hetfield-28261840-500-332.gif

It's not the early 90's anymore. Guns 'n Roses have done **** all for over 2 decades. I saw them a while back and they were fun, but only because Slash and Duff McKagan decided to join back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

anyone any idea on the cost of gold circle tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    anyone any idea on the cost of gold circle tickets?

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Presumably we'll find out all the prices when the fan club presale goes live at 9am tomorrow?

The shortest straw package is the cheapest of the VIP offerings and comes in at 199 including:

One (1) general admission Golden Circle field ticket
    Early access to the GA field
    Dedicated venue entrance
    One (1) show specific poster
    One (1) limited-edition merchandise gift

The shortest straw package is the cheapest of the VIP offerings and comes in at 199 including:

One (1) general admission Golden Circle field ticket
    Early access to the GA field
    Dedicated venue entrance
    One (1) show specific poster

Dedicated venue entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

The cure is playing on the same day ****kkkkkkkkkk.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

glucifer wrote: »
    This

Were 149.50 for GnR with tickets starting at the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Were 149.50 for GnR with tickets starting at the same
    So 60e more than General Admission? Seems steep to me.

Anyone any experience of Gold Circle and if it would be worth the extra bucks? I'm guessing there is no Gold Circle Bar or anything like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Degag wrote: »
    So 60e more than General Admission? Seems steep to me.

Anyone any experience of Gold Circle and if it would be worth the extra bucks? I'm guessing there is no Gold Circle Bar or anything like that?

Couod just be premium gnr charged..

Nope its just a pay extra pit basically

Was well worth it for GnR. Longer walk back to bar bitvwe had our fill beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I wonder is that a t-shirt? I'd feel a bit better about if so, If it's a proxy lanyard they can hang onto it.

• Advertisement

gre wrote: »
    The cure is playing on the same day ****kkkkkkkkkk.....

That is one of the dumbest announcements I've seen. Two huge rock bands playing in Ireland for the first time in a decade and they are on the same date. Stupidity unless they're on the same bill, which they won't be.

Advertisement