Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna get tickets on Friday morning....? I'm pretty sure that the wheelchair accessible area tickets will be snapped up fairly sharpish, but I'm gonna be in work!?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

If you sign up to the fan club now you'll get a presale code for 10am Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

got a gold circle ticket. 167 euro with the fee from TM the robbing shower of cun.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    got a gold circle ticket. 167 euro with the fee from TM the robbing shower of cun.....

They are a shower of c*nts. Was well worth it for GnR though so I'd imagine the same. We got the Shortest Straw package, I've no idea why but herself reckons we might have a better chance of getting into Snake Pit. Doubt it somehow. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

They are a shower of c*nts. Was well worth it for GnR though so I'd imagine the same. We got the Shortest Straw package, I've no idea why but herself reckons we might have a better chance of getting into Snake Pit. Doubt it somehow. :pac::pac:

nearly 7 euro for fees is a bit **** like come on the fcuk i remember when it was a euro:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ilovepizza

Hey fellow Knights of rock, I'm trying to get myself and my wife to the Metallica concert in Slane next year. I reckon its gonna sell out very fast. As I use Apple music as appose to Spotify I dont get a spotify code for pre-order.

Does anyone have a Spotify code they could give me so I can buy two tickets for Metallica.

It would be a huge blessing, its our 1st wedding anniversary and her 30th.
    The fact that she now listens to slayer, panthera and metallcia etc instead fo Taylor Swift gives lot of credit why i need to bring her lol.

But please, I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.
    Thanks
    Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

ilovepizza wrote: »
    I reckon its gonna sell out very fast.

It won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,872 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ilovepizza wrote:
    But please, I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks Nick

It wont sell out quickly nick, in fact it may not sell out at all

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Hey fellow Knights of rock, I'm trying to get myself and my wife to the Metallica concert in Slane next year. I reckon its gonna sell out very fast. As I use Apple music as appose to Spotify I dont get a spotify code for pre-order.

Does anyone have a Spotify code they could give me so I can buy two tickets for Metallica.

The fact that she now listens to slayer, panthera and metallcia etc instead fo Taylor Swift gives lot of credit why i need to bring her lol.

Thanks
    Nick

Sign up as fifth member on Metallica site and you'll get pre sale code automatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks
    Nick

PM sent

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Jesus :(

That's an awful price to pay for a concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Jesus :(

That's an awful price to pay for a concert.

your da is charging 96 for his gig in the 3 arena so you can't be commenting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

VFOKyjo.jpg?1

Anyone know what the story is with this? 89.50 for the green 'Zone A' at the top of the hill near the entrance, or 99.50 for the rest of the standing area? Never known Slane to have the General Admission area split up like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,281 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    VFOKyjo.jpg?1

Anyone know what the story is with this? 89.50 for the green 'Zone A' at the top of the hill near the entrance, or 99.50 for the rest of the standing area? Never known Slane to have the General Admission area split up like that?

Ya first time I seen it too. Honestly I think they just want to portray the ticket price cheaper. "tickets from €89.50" when in reality theres about 1000 and your up the back, proper GA is €99

Its like when I buy UFC tickets, tickets from $150 there is literally 2 seats for that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

your da is charging 96 for his gig in the 3 arena so you can't be commenting :pac:

That is also a brutal price. I won't be attending either. You have to draw the line somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I bought Zone A just thinking €89 is standing price.

Are they gonna have barriers up to stop people moving down or something? :confused::confused: We'll be ok to move around and away, if needed?

TBH part of me wants to go Gold now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Zwillinge wrote: »

Are they gonna have barriers up to stop people moving down or something? :confused::confused: We'll be ok to move around and away, if needed?

TBH part of me wants to go Gold now :pac:
    yeah they do have barriers up and security staff to stop people getting in but sometimes you can blag your way in and get a band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That is an absolutely mental price to pay for a ticket to see Metallica. Not blaming you or anything, I'd like to go too as I haven't seen them in years, but judging by the prices I've seen so far and the weird set up at Slane I may have to pass...

Gave in and got a shortest straw package,€199 but not too much more than standard golden circle ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I think they should call General Admission the "Metal Up Your Ass" package as it definitely feels like it for these prices!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Shambles, what nonsense wording why can't they just say at the back ticket. Stating the obvious but as A is the first letter of the Alphabet and those tickets more like Zone Z in reality.

Shambles, what nonsense wording why can't they just say at the back ticket. Stating the obvious but as A is the first letter of the Alphabet and those tickets have are in more like Zone Z in reality.

Felt so stupid buying them :o:rolleyes::o

Seen a few other people falling for it also and getting the "Fan Guarantee" refund thing and buying new tickets, so followed suit.

Bones crossed now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

psychozeb wrote:
    Gave in and got a shortest straw package,€199 but not too much more than standard golden circle ticket.

what's the difference between the two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seen a few other people falling for it also and getting the "Fan Guarantee" refund thing and buying new tickets, so followed suit.

Do they charge for this? I'm gonna say yes

snoopy84 wrote: »
    what's the difference between the two?

You get an event poster and an item of merchandise, probably a keyring or the like,not a shirt.

Do they charge for this? I'm gonna say yes

€6 admin fee... What else from them!? Robbing Stunts

But they did it for me at any rate. Phew!

Seems you can only request refund on three tickets within a calendar year. Something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

As far as I know the last number of Metallica concerts that were on in rds or Marley Park were on during the wk and sold 40 odd thousand, now surely add the fact it's on a sat id add another 30000 onto that and another 10000 cos it's slane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

E199 is pushing the £210 I paid the last time I saw Metallica at Glastonbury.

Those prices are absurd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

shamrock55 wrote: »
    As far as I know the last number of Metallica concerts that were on in rds or Marley Park were on during the wk and sold 40 odd thousand, now surely add the fact it's on a sat id add another 30000 onto that and another 10000 cos it's slane

ef8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

S.M.B. wrote: »
    E199 is pushing the £210 I paid the last time I saw Metallica at Glastonbury.

Those prices are absurd.
    Yeah, they are crazy expensive. The 270e odd for the privilage of sitting is absolute madness!!

Advertisement