Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah, they are crazy expensive. The 270e odd for the privilage of sitting is absolute madness!!

But u also get

VIP Castle Compound Includes:
    - Reserved VIP Car Parking
    - Premium Reserved Grandstand Seating
    - Panoramic views of the Entire Concert Site
    - Food Court, Coffee Dock & VIP Bar - (all cash basis)
    - Located beside the Castle
    - Outdoor Garden Furnished Area
    - Customer Care & Event Management team in attendance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »
    But u also get

VIP Castle Compound Includes:
    - Reserved VIP Car Parking
    - Premium Reserved Grandstand Seating
    - Panoramic views of the Entire Concert Site
    - Food Court, Coffee Dock & VIP Bar - (all cash basis)
    - Located beside the Castle
    - Outdoor Garden Furnished Area
    - Customer Care & Event Management team in attendance
    Haha for that price i'd expect them to bring the drink to me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

snoopy84 wrote: »
    If you sign up to the fan club now you'll get a presale code for 10am Tuesday

No way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

What are the thoughts on the Cure gig? Wouldn't know alot about them but alot of people surprised that they would be scheduled to play the same day as Slane due to there being many crossover fans. Indeed i've read of quite a few people in a dilemma over which to go to.

My questions is, could they be support for Metallica or are they more likely to play their own gig. Seems quite strange to me that they were announced without a venue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Finding the ticket sales hilarious, people panicking if it will sell out. I have zero intention of paying them prices, I'm gonna head up on the day and I bet I'll pay no more than 30quid, they were going for 10/20 quid outside GnR, one guy even gave me one for free, I took it in case ticket I bought from seatwave for 35quid 2 days earlier was dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What are the thoughts on the Cure gig? Wouldn't know alot about them but alot of people surprised that they would be scheduled to play the same day as Slane due to there being many crossover fans. Indeed i've read of quite a few people in a dilemma over which to go to.

My questions is, could they be support for Metallica or are they more likely to play their own gig. Seems quite strange to me that they were announced without a venue....

I wouldn't say there's any chance they'd support Metallica but I have also said on this site there's no chance Metallica would be playing at Slane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They announced it themselves rather than MCD, and I imagine they had to due to Metallica playing Slane and cross fan bases..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's odd that news outlets a reporting about a huge The Cure gig in Dublin yet there's no mention of a venue anywhere. Zero chance they're sharing a stage at Slane though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Haha for that price i'd expect them to bring the drink to me!!!

Then my friend I doubt you would like this

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/xs24o1

€2199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

2 free drinks when you pay 2199?

How generous...

• Advertisement

‘Hang out’ with a member of the band is stretching it a bit isn’t it?

Any video I’ve seen is of people in a queue, then Lars or whoever comes in a spends 20 seconds or so with each person and takes a photo with them and then he heads off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

shamrock55 wrote: »
    As far as I know the last number of Metallica concerts that were on in rds or Marley Park were on during the wk and sold 40 odd thousand, now surely add the fact it's on a sat id add another 30000 onto that and another 10000 cos it's slane

There last show in Marley park was a saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

Not a chance there either playing the rds or Marley park , there too big an act to support anyone these days
    They put out the news so as to give people the choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Has anyone been able to actually print the tickets off yet? I can see the order details there but can't see the actual tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

colmufc wrote: »
    There last show in Marley park was a saturday

Yeah, the 2009 Marley Park gig was definitely a Saturday. The 2008 Marley Park gig was on a Wednesday, but I didn't notice too much difference between the crowds on either day to be honest. I found Saturday was a better day for getting in and out of the place though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd forgotten about 2009 cos I didn't go, they actually came too often back then

I'd forgotten about 2009 cos I didn't go, they actually came too often back then

I was the same. Went to the ones in the RDS and the first one in Marley but they were getting very stale at that stage. In fact I left the Marley one before the end which I had never done at a gig before and haven’t done since.

I haven’t seen them live since so looking forward to Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Walked over to the last Marlay Park concert (I live local), thinking there may be some free tickets knocking about due to the frequency of Metallica concerts at the time. I was right, a fella had a handful of them and gave me one. I think he was with a radio station. I was delighted, a free Metallica concert :cool:

(I had been to all the previous ones in RDS and Marlay)

Next time (and last time) I seen them was in Sydney the following year (2010).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just got a Slane and Berlin ticket with my fifth member code. Still letting me buy another Slane ticket, so it must be 2 tickets per gig you can get. I've enough anyway, considering I now can't afford to get to work tomorrow. Time to sell some organs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just got 2 myself, can't bloody wait now
    Just wondering if I book a camping spot in slane Farm do you drive your car in and pitch up beside your car or is there a separate car park, I'd be a little worried about the car tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

2 GC bought. Hoping there is just one general entrance so i can sneak my buddy in who has normal tickets.

Hated paying for the GC. I miss the days of going early to get a pit pass. Did that for my first 5 metallicas, a shame that number 6 I have to pay to get the front... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

I’m trying to book now for London with my fifth member code but it’s limiting me to two tickets even though the T&Cs state a max of 6. I need three. Anyone else with same issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,872 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

xpletiv wrote:
    2 GC bought. Hoping there is just one general entrance so i can sneak my buddy in who has normal tickets.

With the pricing differences, your mate may not be able to gain access to gold circle.
    Jayesdiem wrote:
    I’m trying to book now for London with my fifth member code but it’s limiting me to two tickets even though the T&Cs state a max of 6. I need three. Anyone else with same issue?

Looks like purchases are limited to just 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just got 2 myself, can't bloody wait now
    Just wondering if I book a camping spot in slane Farm do you drive your car in and pitch up beside your car or is there a separate car park, I'd be a little worried about the car tbh

You pitch your tent right beside your car

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

I still can't decide on the short straw package or just golden circle. I can't see much difference between the two but keep hearing people saying the short straw is good value. what am I missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Jayesdiem wrote: »

Max of 2 tickets in presale,will cancel if you buy more

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I still can't decide on the short straw package or just golden circle. I can't see much difference between the two but keep hearing people saying the short straw is good value. what am I missing here?

You get a limited edition gig poster and another small item of merchandise, probably a keyring or the like. Posters can make ok money if you sell them on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Wonder can you upgrade to golden circle after a while? Anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wonder can you upgrade to golden circle after a while? Anyone know?

Yes .
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/ourguarantee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

psychozeb wrote: »
    Jayesdiem wrote: »

Max of 2 tickets in presale,will cancel if you buy more
    When do they cancel? Do they notify you of cancellation?
    I bought a ticket with my code and my card.
    Sent the code on to my mate who bought two tickets as well with my code and his card.
    Hopefully they don't cancel.

Advertisement