Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Ive two bought for gold circle and two for standing using same presale code. I doubt they will be cancelled. You could only order 2 at a time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone know if the accessible tickets will go quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Do you want my spotify code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,872 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Impossible to say how quickly any of the tickets will go, but I'd like to think, if accessible tickets sell out, a quick phone call to ticketmaster might sort you out

snoopy84 wrote: »

I don't use Spotify. I'm not tech savvy lol.

• Advertisement

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Just on the golden circle, went with 2 mates last year, 2 of us had GC tickets and the 3rd had GA. 2 of us went through to GC and the girl there just looked at our tickets & gave us wrist bands and let us in, no scanning, no ripping of ticket, so we went in, waited 10 minutes, I walked out and got the 3rd mate giving him my ticket as I had a wrist band, he showed it to the girl she gave him a wrist band and let him in. Simple. These people are only working there for the day, half of them don't know what they're doing or don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Honestly didn't think Metallica would ever play Slane but despite the iconic venue I just couldn't be arsed making the trip there and have decided to head to Barcelona instead. Haven't missed an Irish show since '92 but I'm getting too old to be messing about with getting out of a field in meath with 70000 others .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Bought 2 standing tix, €212 all in, what a rip off! Gold circle came up at €160 each, screw that! Anyway, should be a great day out

several pms sent 😆

• Advertisement

several pms sent 😆

I've entered the code. Do I wait until tomorrow now to get a ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Go now

Metallica.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd only just discovered the S&M gig when Michael Camen died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Bought 2 standing tix, €212 all in, what a rip off! Gold circle came up at €160 each, screw that! Anyway, should be a great day out

Gold circle for Barcelona was €140, surprised at a €20 premium for Slane!!

how did you get on?

how did you get on?

Gonna try it now

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Go now

Metallica.com

What do I do on Metallica.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

my story:
    1. metallica.com emailed me a code. (you can get this code by simply registering on metallica.com)
    2. I went to upcoming dates and picked slane.
    3. it directed me to ticket master.
    4. i went to the chosen package and picked "Fan Club Legacy Member Presale"
    5. entered code
    6. unlocked
    7. boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Go to the tour section, find your date, and select fifth member option.

That should take you to the ticket master site, where you unlock the tickets you want, using your presale code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Do ya reckon we'll get the same set up as the north American stadium tour? Like the Edmonton show. With the massive screens and the M and A on the ends. Incredible set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

D.Q wrote: »
    Do ya reckon we'll get the same set up as the north American stadium tour? Like the Edmonton show. With the massive screens and the M and A on the ends. Incredible set up.

Possibly but not sure how that setup would suite Slane with the Golden Circle/GA standing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

glucifer wrote: »
    Just on the golden circle, went with 2 mates last year, 2 of us had GC tickets and the 3rd had GA. 2 of us went through to GC and the girl there just looked at our tickets & gave us wrist bands and let us in, no scanning, no ripping of ticket, so we went in, waited 10 minutes, I walked out and got the 3rd mate giving him my ticket as I had a wrist band, he showed it to the girl she gave him a wrist band and let him in. Simple. These people are only working there for the day, half of them don't know what they're doing or don't care

Interesting this, I am in a predicament over which ticket to get, my sister is buying me a ticket for my upcoming 30th birthday, and I'm going with 4 or 5 friends, and they can only afford the 99 euro tickets, no way they'll pay 159 euro. And I don't blame them, I nearly wouldn't myself, but yeah I'd love the experience of being right in front of the stage, I've seen Metallica 4 times in the past and wasn't that close to the front.

My sister offered to get me a GC ticket but I'd feel bad abandoning the couple of people I went with, so I've told my sister "Ah sure get me the 99 euro ticket"...and she was like "Are you sure? If it were me going and I was into them as much as you are, I'd want the best ticket possible" and I was like "Don't tempt me!"

Terrible this! I'll enjoy myself regardless, but man the GC ticket would be awesome, and if I got one, and my friends knew what you did with your buddy, I'd have half the bus trying to borrow my ticket in an effort to get the better experience. Bit of a headwrecker this, this whole section thing wasn't as much of a problem in Marlay Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

D.Q wrote: »

I saw a mock up of the layout of the stage etc for (i think) the Estonia show and that stage was in the picture. That doesn't confirm it or anything but really considering the price we should be getting the full production

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Degag wrote: »
    I saw a mock up of the layout of the stage etc for (i think) the Estonia show and that stage was in the picture. That doesn't confirm it or anything but really considering the price we should be getting the full production

But isn't that the reason why they wouldn't do an indoor gig ?
    They are doing a 'stadium'/Outdoor tour to ensure they can get the full stage production on show .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Obviously the stage design for an outdoor leg will be different to the indoor shows but I’d imagine there will be some crossover.

Remember our gig’s in early June when it won’t be fully dark till around 9:30- 9:45 so a lot of it will be in twilight so We won’t get the full effects of the production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

greenspurs wrote: »
    But isn't that the reason why they wouldn't do an indoor gig ?
    They are doing a 'stadium'/Outdoor tour to ensure they can get the full stage production on show .

Nah that was BS, Muse did a similar in the round in the 3 even so could have done Belfast sure, they didn't. Set up is different.
    greenspurs wrote: »
    They are doing a 'stadium'/Outdoor tour to ensure they can get the full stage production on show more money ;).

Fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Obviously the stage design for an outdoor leg will be different to the indoor shows but I’d imagine there will be some crossover.

Remember our gig’s in early June when it won’t be fully dark till around 9:30- 9:45 so a lot of it will be in twilight so We won’t get the full effects of the production.

eh, its ireland, odds are it will be dark clouds and pissing rain :P

tickets booked! camping booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Nah that was BS, Muse did a similar in the round in the 3 even so could have done Belfast sure, they didn't. Set up is different.
    Fixed

No doubt they wanted bigger crowds and more cash but to be fair the size of the indoor production was huge. In one of the tour videos they said there were plenty of stadiums in Europe that could not take the weight.

In this one they mention that the whole cube setup is 52 tons hanging from the ceiling!!!

https://youtu.be/Ee28SA503HQ?t=4m5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Listened to Through The Never today during my run. I keep forgetting how brilliant a live album it is, start to finish.

Advertisement