Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't ya go to Donington in 95??

Nope,afraid not. Was still out on the lash wasting my money in boozers here. Hadn't discovered the joys of travelling for shows then unfortunately.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Oh and I believe they're making a new series of Beavis and Butthead as well

And hot on the heels of a B&B return is the return of these 2 legends to SNL for a one off this weekend! Is the 90's the new 80's?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

lord lucan wrote: »
    And hot on the heels of a B&B return is the return of these 2 legends to SNL for a one off this weekend! Is the 90's the new 80's?:pac:

I prefered this one at the MTV movie awards 2008. Just because it was the first time seeing them together since Waynes World 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

memes-metallica.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I think we need to start a petition to get Metallica to play the half time show at the Superbowl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Degag wrote: »
    I think we need to start a petition to get Metallica to play the half time show at the Superbowl!

The Rolling Stones did it, so why not

....oh yeah, because it's kind of a death knell to musicians

F**k the Superbowl,this was much better!

Flat Bed Truck - Check

Amps - Check

Guitars & Drum kit - Check

Microphones - Check

Stand-in Bass player - Check

Crowd of drunken Oakland Raiders fans - Check:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

whos playin bass in that? They never showed him once in the whole clip!

Max Power1 wrote: »

Bob Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Max Power1 wrote: »

I believe that was Bob Rock. They showed the perperation for this gig during Some Kind of Monster and I think it was just before they hired Rob, so Bob just filled in.

Edit: beaten to it by Lord Lucan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Is the 90's the new 80's?:pac:
    Only if we see this guy making a comeback ;):

Malice wrote: »
    Only if we see this guy making a comeback

I have an old VHS tape with various promo videos for GN'R,Metallica,FNM recorded from MTV(when they played music)as well as RTE news from Slane '92 and himself appears in a number of promo clips that i taped by accident. As corny as it sounds,it's quite nostalgic!:o

I'd a big crush on Kristiane Backer!:o

backer_mtv_DW_Vermi_820045p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

speaking of superbowls i could not ignore there was a distinct whiff of metallica off the main event's outfits. as it was not really metal, but plastic, made to appear like metal - i expect to see metallica main event a superbowl very soon.

as well as RTE news from Slane '92

YouTube upload, possible?:D

YouTube upload, possible?:D

I've only just got around to copying it from VHS to DVD. If i get a chance over the next couple of days i'll try and upload it to YouTube.

I've only just got around to copying it from VHS to DVD. If i get a chance over the next couple of days i'll try and upload it to YouTube.

I could send you a stamp addressed envelope from the UK

But yes I would appreciate an upload if possible, would love to see that report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich is being sued by his former personal assistant over years of alleged unpaid overtime.

Steve Wig, who worked for Ulrich from 2001 to 2009, said the sticksman hasn't properly paid him for the amount of overtime he worked. He also claimed the musician failed to provide him with bonuses they'd agreed upon.

According to California newspaper the Marin Independent Journal, Wig is seeking damages for alleged labour violations, breach of oral contract and continuing wages.

Wig is alleging that he worked up to 80 hours a week and was on call 24 hours a day. He is arguing that Ulrich failed to pay him bonuses in 2006 and 2008.

There is also a dispute over salary expectations, with Peter Paterno, acting as lawyer for the Metallica drummer, stating that Wig was paid $110,00 (£69,000) per year. Wig alleges it was only $45,000 (£28,000).

Paterno refuted the allegation of unpaid bonuses, adding: "Lars' accountant is checking on 2006, but Steve got bonuses in every other year of his employment, deserved or not. Specifically, in 2008, he received an extra $18,000 (£11,200). So it's not clear what's motivating this, but it really doesn't seem to be about his compensation, does it?"

The case will be heard in Marin Superior Court on June 24.

Metallica announced last week that they will be entering the studio in March or April to record their 10th studio album.

Source : http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/54906

I could send you a stamp addressed envelope from the UK

But yes I would appreciate an upload if possible, would love to see that report

Here ya go:

Supercans of Club Orange ftw.:pac:

Here ya go:

Supercans of Club Orange ftw.:pac:

HaHa no way - the old woman with the Moro bar and the other guy selling the bootleg Use Your Illusion tapes haha

"Get your T Shirts, only a Fiver!"

scudzilla wrote: »
    Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich is being sued by his former personal assistant over years of alleged unpaid overtime.

Steve Wig, who worked for Ulrich from 2001 to 2009, said the sticksman hasn't properly paid him for the amount of overtime he worked. He also claimed the musician failed to provide him with bonuses they'd agreed upon.

According to California newspaper the Marin Independent Journal, Wig is seeking damages for alleged labour violations, breach of oral contract and continuing wages.

Wig is alleging that he worked up to 80 hours a week and was on call 24 hours a day. He is arguing that Ulrich failed to pay him bonuses in 2006 and 2008.

There is also a dispute over salary expectations, with Peter Paterno, acting as lawyer for the Metallica drummer, stating that Wig was paid $110,00 (£69,000) per year. Wig alleges it was only $45,000 (£28,000).

Paterno refuted the allegation of unpaid bonuses, adding: "Lars' accountant is checking on 2006, but Steve got bonuses in every other year of his employment, deserved or not. Specifically, in 2008, he received an extra $18,000 (£11,200). So it's not clear what's motivating this, but it really doesn't seem to be about his compensation, does it?"

The case will be heard in Marin Superior Court on June 24.

Metallica announced last week that they will be entering the studio in March or April to record their 10th studio album.

Source : http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/54906

Hmm, I get the feeling Steve Wig is just trying to get some money out of Lars. The story just seems to make me think that.

• Advertisement

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-metallica-lead-guitarist-kirk-hammett-reveals-secret-project-20110210

Yes, a new Metallica album (Metallica project, more like) will be hitting shelves and IP addresses this Summer

So I'm thinking a second Garage Inc type release because Metallica have always been eager to do record some covers

Actually, maybe Jason will be invited back, if he doesn't lay down some bass he could at least help with the soundproofing;)

Was reading about this last night. Not really sure what to make of it tbh as it's all very ambiguous. I'd have thought they'd finished with recording covers,plenty in their back catalogue already. They played some 'newer' covers on the last tour (such as Saxons Motorcycle Man) but they're available through LiveMetallica.com so i don't see a need to commit them to record.

Maybe the Big 4 will all cover each others material!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Maybe its the unfinished Demos of Death Magnetic, like the tribute to Layne or the awesome solo from the Mission Metallica videos?

Maybe its the unfinished Demos of Death Magnetic, like the tribute to Layne or the awesome solo from the Mission Metallica videos?

There's one finished song from the DM sessions that never made the album. The song was called Shine and was shelved because James fought hard to get Unforgiven 3 on the album. AFAIK it was fully recorded,mixed and produced so hopefully it see's the light of day.

Done a trade this evening, this was among the things I got

ticket-961009.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hmm, I get the feeling Steve Wig is just trying to get some money out of Lars. The story just seems to make me think that.

Yes, the money Lars hasn't paid him. I thought that too :D

Done a trade this evening, this was among the things I got

ticket-961009.jpg

Still have mine around somewhere. It's in a similar condition i think too!

greendom wrote: »
    Yes, the money Lars hasn't paid him. I thought that too :D

He waited quite a long time to file the lawsuit, about 2 years. Why someone would just happen to file a lawsuit 2 years later on a very well known rich musician that he worked for, because he claims he wasn't paid overtime is beyond me. Did he even ask Lars about it when he worked for him or did he just naturally assume Lars would pay him later or something. Anyway, I still think he's just trying to get some money out of Lars.

He waited quite a long time to file the lawsuit, about 2 years. Why someone would just happen to file a lawsuit 2 years later on a very well known rich musician that he worked for, because he claims he wasn't paid overtime is beyond me. Did he even ask Lars about it when he worked for him or did he just naturally assume Lars would pay him later or something. Anyway, I still think he's just trying to get some money out of Lars.

That's very true, but then on the flip side, you don't know what Lars had this guy do and how many hours he may have worked. The guy probably needed to seek legal representation and consult Californian Employment Law on the matter (he might have only realised he was possibly owed money when mentioning his working habits with Lars to a friend or something...)

Although, in a lot of these cases, those suing celebrities tend to be doing it for a little extra money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Who knows? I certainly don't. I was just making a little joke.
    It's quite possible that he has spent the last 2 years asking for the money directly. He finally realised it wasn't going to happen and decided to do it through the courts. And he obviously is trying to get money out of Lars. That's why he's taking it to the courts :D

Advertisement