Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Everytime a radio station mentions Metallica on social media, ask them to play a f***NG song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I got an email just now with my link to get my copy of the album. No sign of the money being debited from my account yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I got an email just now with my link to get my copy of the album. No sign of the money being debited from my account yet.
    The email says you can get a 'digital or physical copy'. I assume is the physical copy is a CD? Can't see Lars dishing out free vinyl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bassfish wrote: »
    The email says you can get a 'digital or physical copy'. I assume is the physical copy is a CD? Can't see Lars dishing out free vinyl!

Yeah it’s the CD. €4 postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Worth noting that the CD is 3 euro in Tesco (where I am anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

didnt sell out i presume ??

I meant for the tickets

mean gene wrote: »
    didnt sell out i presume ??

Why would you think it sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Thanks for that, even if they gave you a tenner off the vinyl I'd be tempted. Mp3 it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Can albums “sell out” now?! As in there is a finite number?

I think Hardwired’s numbers speak for themselves anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, even if they gave you a tenner off the vinyl I'd be tempted. Mp3 it is!

I got an email with two links in it? Which one is the MP3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Haha, when I ordered my Metallica tickets online on Friday, I remember the website site saying there were only a few tickets left. It said there was something around 700 or something. I got a bit of a fright when I saw it because I thought that I needed to hurry and buy them because I was afraid they'd be sold out if I left it any later. I've checked the same site the last two days now and it's still saying they're almost sold out, and the number has of tickets left has actually jumped up.

Think I was a little gullible there when I purchased them. I didn't need to rush at all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I got an email with two links in it? Which one is the MP3?

That means you bought two tickets; each code can be used for a CD or MP3 download (@320kbps) of Hardwired... you have to enter the code first then choose which version to redeem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Haha, when I ordered my Metallica tickets online on Friday, I remember the website site saying there were only a few tickets left. It said there was something around 700 or something. I got a bit of a fright when I saw it because I thought that I needed to hurry and buy them because I was afraid they'd be sold out if I left it any later. I've checked the same site the last two days now and it's still saying they're almost sold out, and the number has of tickets left has actually jumped up.

Think I was a little gullible there when I purchased them. I didn't need to rush at all. :o
    Websites should be done for stuff like this. Blatant lies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Listened to Through The Never today during my run. I keep forgetting how brilliant a live album it is, start to finish.

Listen to Seattle from the Justice tour in '89, pisses all over through the never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm guessing we will have 2 or 3 more very decent support bands (think Slash, Volbeat, Judas Priest size), it just makes sense for MCD.

They've paid Metallica a fee to show, say around 3mill, a sold out 80k capacity Slane would generate around 8mill (thats worked at an average of 100 per ticket, gold circle and vip excessive prices make up for freebies)

MCD will hold a few weeks to see how ticket sales are going then start booking a few more support bands, early December i guess there will be a huge promo push for Christmas with the 'just added to the bill' line.

Also, the last Marley gig, was that the one that was supposed to be at Fairyhouse Racecourse, Metallica announced it as such then 3 days later was switched to Marley, wonder whatever happened there, and why Fairyhouse was never used for large gigs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Am I the only person who is not looking forward to Ghost? :o

I listen to them a little, but I just dont see it live....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm guessing we will have 2 or 3 more very decent support bands (think Slash, Volbeat, Judas Priest size), it just makes sense for MCD.

They've paid Metallica a fee to show, say around 3mill, a sold out 80k capacity Slane would generate around 8mill (thats worked at an average of 100 per ticket, gold circle and vip excessive prices make up for freebies)

MCD will hold a few weeks to see how ticket sales are going then start booking a few more support bands, early December i guess there will be a huge promo push for Christmas with the 'just added to the bill' line.
    Would be great but dunno would we get three of the stature. Think their fee is closer to the 5m mark so may not be much left in the kitty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

5 million for a single Slane show? That's absurd! And people say there's no money in the music industry any more. This tour may be on track to break the top 10 of highest grossing tours ever.

• Advertisement

Wanton wrote: »

They're amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

S.M.B. wrote: »
    5 million for a single Slane show? That's absurd! And people say there's no money in the music industry any more. This tour may be on track to break the top 10 of highest grossing tours ever.

I don’t know what the figure is but whatever it is, it’s the fee for the show and not just for the lads to split 4 ways.

They’ve a big crew, fancy stage set etc. that all has to be paid for so while I’m sure they band members do quite well, the €5m needs to be put into perspective.

(Not saying you thought that was the case by the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Have no idea if it is 5m or not but have heard it bandied around in various places. Probably wouldn't be far from the mark to be fair though.

Okon wrote: »
    That means you bought two tickets; each code can be used for a CD or MP3 download (@320kbps) of Hardwired... you have to enter the code first then choose which version to redeem.

I got my ticket for the accessible area, PLUS a complimentary ticket for my brother as a helper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,281 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya you are. Ghost are probably the most interesting band out there right now.
    I was meant to go see them in London recently but something came up so I'm really excited for Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I got my ticket for the accessible area, PLUS a complimentary ticket for my brother as a helper

Glad you got sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

Degag wrote: »
    Have no idea if it is 5m or not but have heard it bandied around in various places. Probably wouldn't be far from the mark to be fair though.

Their fee depends on venue but it's belived to be around the $2million dollar mark , now because their bring the support they will pay them so the fee would be closer to 2.2million or possibly up to $3m as the figures I've found are for us stadiums
    As for the cost of putting on the shoe mcd would have to shift 50,000 with the current line up to make a mid 6 figure sum profit ,if they put on a big support act that could shift 10-15,000 extra tickets they could end up with a €1.5m profit

I think it would take a slipknot or system of a down to shift that many tickets as most people going already might not entirely cross over in to knot/soad territory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

scudzilla wrote: »
    Listen to Seattle from the Justice tour in '89, pisses all over through the never

That's a regular listen for me. Needed an NTSC vcr to watch that show from the big Live **** box when I got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya you are. Ghost are probably the most interesting band out there right now.
    I was meant to go see them in London recently but something came up so I'm really excited for Slane.

Dont get me wrong, I have been listening to some of there stuff and didnt even notice it (got to lock Spotify playlists). But any of the live stuff I have watched looks good in smaller "more intimate" surroundings, I just cant picture them in front of 40/50/60k people.

But sure time will tell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Dont get me wrong, I have been listening to some of there stuff and didnt even notice it (got to lock Spotify playlists). But any of the live stuff I have watched looks good in smaller "more intimate" surroundings, I just cant picture them in front of 40/50/60k people.

But sure time will tell!!

I kind of agree with this, and I'm a big fan of ghost. Watched them live in a tent at download a good few years ago and it was excellent, I'm not sure if they'll translate well to such a big venue. Should still be great, but not the ideal way to see them really.

Advertisement