Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I kind of agree with this, and I'm a big fan of ghost. Watched them live in a tent at download a good few years ago and it was excellent, I'm not sure if they'll translate well to such a big venue. Should still be great, but not the ideal way to see them really.

There was a couple of videos of them supporting Iron Maiden at an open air venue in Canada, during daylight and they were fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd say ghost are made for Slane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Their set from ACL Music Festival is being live-streamed this morning. They should be on stage around 2 Irish time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHllIdeEZ1k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone ever see the pre gig huddle by the band ??

Really cringy ****

'Let's go out and have a good time'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't see what's cringy about it :confused:

Is it cringy if a soccer team or a rugby team? Or if GAA teams do it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was thinking they'd do a SRV track for the doodle.

At least it was an instrumental :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't see what's cringy about it :confused:

Is it cringy if a soccer team or a rugby team? Or if GAA teams do it?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Yeah.

It's cringey AF. It's a prayer circle essentially, I actually saw a band do it this evening before a gig and I wanted to slap each one if them.... hard. Grow up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

They need good support here so far its 2 nobodys

mean gene wrote: »

They might not be your cup of tea but Ghost are far from nobodies.

I reckon they’re going to be massive by the end of next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

I have to agree. I am not too fussed about the support bands, a bit meh for me and I haven't bought a ticket yet because of this. I know what Metallica will bring to the table, but the lack of better support bands have stopped me parting with the cash.

mean gene wrote: »

Nobodys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Exactly Nobodies don't get to headline festivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

There can't be too many hard rock/metal bands formed in the last decade or so that are bigger than Ghost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I reckon they’re going to be massive by the end of next year.

Isnt Ghost essentially a one man act and the rest of the band are hired hands ?

Zardoz wrote: »

Yeah that’s basically it.

There was a court case in Sweden with former members suing him for royalties and merchandise monies etc.

I was bored one day and read the (very long) transcript of his rebuttal and it seems quite convincing. No idea how it played out or if it’s still ongoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

I'm just going to leave some Hardwired album codes here if anyone wants them:

VB3N35XR

3WHNDWJX

https://chilli.mobi/metallica2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Shamo wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave some Hardwired album codes here if anyone wants them:

VB3N35XR

3WHNDWJX

https://chilli.mobi/metallica2019/

I used the top one! Sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i used bottom one, thanks very much!

Zardoz wrote: »

It's not cost effective anymore to divvy cash equally, in ghost the singer makes his money through publishing and royalties and the band get a salary.

• Advertisement

That's perfect as long as the singer didn't use any contributions the band may have made to songs or lyrics.

Often it's down to a misunderstanding on the part of the hired guns.

Should be clarified on hiring as i'm sure it is now after previous experiences he has had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,872 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's not cost effective anymore to divvy cash equally, in ghost the singer makes his money through publishing and royalties and the band get a salary.

or is this another extension of the age old bull**** story of unequal pay in the music world, why dont all band members get equal pay, many a band has split over these issues?

Often a band leader is the talent, the songwriter, the lyricist and feels they shouldn't have to share royalties/publishing with the bass player who just plays the shows and records what he is told to. ( not picking on bassists, just an example)

Often a band leader is the talent, the songwriter, the lyricist and feels they shouldn't have to share royalties/publishing with the bass player who just plays the shows and records what he is told to. ( not picking on bassists, just an example)

but dont all members turn up, and do their bit? wouldnt unequal pay not cause divisions within the band? even tallica realised this eventually, addressing it in skom

That's perfect as long as the singer didn't use any contributions the band may have made to songs or lyrics.

Often it's down to a misunderstanding on the part of the hired guns.

Should be clarified on hiring as i'm sure it is now after previous experiences he has had!

His case seemed rock solid even naming all contributers (one song on first album) he provides the music and tells them what to do.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    but dont all members turn up, and do their bit? wouldnt unequal pay not cause divisions within the band? even tallica realised this eventually, addressing it in skom

Nope... You're a hired musician you do as your told, its a regular job.

Nope... You're a hired musician you do as your told, its a regular job.

nice approach to a band! i dont know ghost, the more i hear about them(him), the less interested im becoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

nice approach to a band! i dont know ghost, the more i hear about them(him), the less interested im becoming.

They are contractors,they set their price,probably kept on retainer between tours too!Nice living for a no pressure gig!

or is this another extension of the age old bull**** story of unequal pay in the music world, why dont all band members get equal pay, many a band has split over these issues?

In this case its like you asking your boss for equal pay as him

• Advertisement

Dozyart wrote: »
    They are contractors,they set their price,probably kept on retainer between tours too!Nice living for a no pressure gig!

jaysis, i wouldnt say that, id imagine touring isnt all that nice, and just turning up isnt good enough, you actually have to play, and play well, or id imagine your contract wont be getting renewed. i know amateur musicians traveling the length and breath of the country, not a particularly nice lifestyle.

Advertisement