Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

As I said I'd go to Knebworth for the day, and then there's the opening of Diamond Head, but personally I can't justify that if they're performing in Dublin

Cheap Ryanair flight's and free accommodation always invite me home:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

As I said I'd go to Knebworth for the day, and then there's the opening of Diamond Head, but personally I can't justify that if they're performing in Dublin

Cheap Ryanair flight's and free accommodation always invite me home:D

Better crowd in Dublin too.;)

lord lucan wrote: »
    Better crowd in Dublin too.;)

True enough that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

What I won't give for that rumour to be ture on Monday. I was considering a trip to Download or maybe even Sonisphere, but forget all that if there is an announcement.

EDIT:

Saw this on MCD's facebook page. Perhaps the orgin of all the rumors?
    We've got some seriously exciting news for Monday morning...

What I won't give for that rumour to be ture on Monday. I was considering a trip to Download or maybe even Sonisphere, but forget all that if there is an announcement.

EDIT:

Saw this on MCD's facebook page. Perhaps the orgin of all the rumors?

A couple of people i text this evening said they heard it was Aiken(hence the RDS i'd imagine) promoting. This could all be a big load of hot air but one guy i know based in the UK had heard the RDS mentioned 2 days ago!! He could be on the wind-up though!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

lord lucan wrote: »
    Would love it to be true. Was planning on hitting Knebworth but waiting to see if day tickets come up for that. Had a look at the German Sonisphere and nearly had a coronary when i seen the prices!!:eek:

An Irish date would solve all them problems.

You and me both man. €126.90 it quoted me for a "front stage left" ticket.

Yeah,i got similar. Throw in flights and accommodation and it'd cost a small fortune. I'd get a week in the canaries for that money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Does anybody believe that should an Irish date be announced tickets for the 'Golden Circle' would be any cheaper?? I certainly don't

scudzilla wrote: »
    Does anybody believe that should an Irish date be announced tickets for the 'Golden Circle' would be any cheaper?? I certainly don't

As a one-off non-Sonisphere date i couldn't see prices being that high. I've never understood this whole "special pit","golden circle","special side of stage" areas. It's standing(and sitting if available) and that's it. I think ticket prices here like the German date would be commercial suicide with things the way they are now. €80 would be the ceiling for me for an outdoor show. €100+ to stand in a field,no thanks!

I would love to see Aiken promote this event - I hold no favours with either company - but given that MCD really ****ed me over with Guns N' Roses last September (no, I haven't forgotten) then I would be more easily prepared to give my hard earned to Aiken

I guess the only question remains, if Metallica do play Dublin, who will the support be? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I would love to see Aiken promote this event - I hold no favours with either company - but given that MCD really ****ed me over with Guns N' Roses last September (no, I haven't forgotten) then I would be more easily prepared to give my hard earned to Aiken

I guess the only question remains, if Metallica do play Dublin, who will the support be? lol

As it'd be a big 4 show i guess it'd be megadeth, slayer and anthrax, unless you're awesome knowledge can come up with something else :rolleyes::rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    As it'd be a big 4 show i guess it'd be megadeth, slayer and anthrax, unless you're awesome knowledge can come up with something else :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was actually being sarcastic;)

Would love to see this in Aviva Stadium, I reckon that would provide a nice change of scenery from the usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope its not in Marlay Park. want to sit down and watch the big 4 lol free from pushing.

Have bon jovi on the 29th june if this is on the 6th july have to get the damn bus to dublin twice in the space of a week lol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    bon jovi on the 29th june if this is on the 6th july have to get the damn bus to dublin twice in the space of a week lol

But think of how worth it the trips will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

This was posted on the Met Club website on Thursday

"The Big 4 . . . European Edition Continued [ 2/17/2011 ][ [URL="javascript:history.go(-1)"]back[/URL] ] If you've been following along, you know that the Big 4 of Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and 'Tallica already have two shows scheduled in Europe in July... well, the party is expanding! We're here today to tell you about an addition to the European vacation with a show in Gelsenkirchen, Germany at the Veltins Arena on July 2, 2011.
    Tickets go on sale on Saturday, February 19 at 9:00 AM local time at www.eventim.de. MetClub pre-sale begins Feb 18 at 9:00 AM local time (midnight Feb 18 PST) and ends the same day at 8:00 PM local time (11:00 AM PST). Check the TOUR page just prior to the pre-sale for the link to tickets and password for the sale. Limit is four tickets per member. Yes, that headline said "shows" with an "s." Keep watching here for a couple more announcements in the coming weeks."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope its not in Marlay Park. want to sit down and watch the big 4 lol free from pushing.

Have bon jovi on the 29th june if this is on the 6th july have to get the damn bus to dublin twice in the space of a week lol

Plus 1 gazillion. Hate the ****ing place! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Don't know if a bit off topic but

Riddle101 wrote: »

Can't see that? Blocked...............:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Can't see that? Blocked...............:mad:

You sure, it's playing ok for me

You sure, it's playing ok for me

It may be due to the pc......?

sssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

Lovely into to Zombieland, remember the first time I saw that....

...having said that, I'm still just waiting for that news of a Big 4 Dublin show!

Lovely into to Zombieland, remember the first time I saw that....

...having said that, I'm still just waiting for that news of a Big 4 Dublin show!

Wonder where it will be........? In the Round at the Aviva Stadium maybe....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Where is it meant to be announced??

D.Q wrote: »
    Where is it meant to be announced??

Here: www.metallica.com

Metallica.com, how informative.

That message seems to imply that there will be a few weeks between announcements.

Wonder where it will be........? In the Round at the Aviva Stadium maybe....?

I would give anything to see that happen

I think the announcement should be out today

so you think its just a matter of time? this has all come out of the blue somewhat! delighted if true, absolutely delighted.

D.Q wrote: »
    Metallica.com, how informative.

That message seems to imply that there will be a few weeks between announcements.

Well it is the bands official website, so any gig announcements are going to be made there first. And, the reason that there is a gap between announcements, is to keep the punters(you and me)interested/guessing. They do it on all their tour announcements.

Very clever tactics.

I would give anything to see that happen

I think the announcement should be out today

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone recommend some hotels near the RDS if this goes ahead?

Advertisement