Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could happen. Probably go abroad on the next album tour to see them. But I'm slightly getting ahead of myself with next album tour talk.

There's still a couple of years to be milked out of the Hardwired tour yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Very possible they don't ever come back :P

Even if this is true, at least they ended on a cracker. The Slane show was Metallica’s highest attendance of 2019, the highest money taken at the gate, the most watched Metallica video of the year (Whiskey) and was the first full show uploaded for the recent run of lockdown gigs on their YouTube channel, underlining its importance. If it is their last, I’m just happy to say I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus how time flys, what a day

This time last year some of us were inside listening too Bokassa

Stiff Little Fingers was a bit of a lull and i think the rain started when they were on and stayed til the middle of Ghosts set

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

klose wrote: »
    1 year since slane, what a day. Wonder will we see them again in Ireland? If not I'm gonna have to try go to a concert out foreign to see em.

Full concert …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wz2WWgv9Fs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jesus how time flys, what a day

This time last year some of us were inside listening too Bokassa

Stiff Little Fingers was a bit of a lull and i think the rain started when they were on and stayed til the middle of Ghosts set

There were a few showers during Metallica's set too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There were a few showers during Metallica's set too.

There was cause I had already thrown my poncho in the bin, whereas the guys i was with kept them on and had a good laugh

Mind I paid €2 or €3 for mine on the road on the way in and they all paid €5 or more for theirs once it started raining, so I got the first laugh at least

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, few very light showers during Metallica's set.

Bloody skangers selling the ponchos got were delighted when it started raining on the walk in. Cheeky feckers:pac:

S&M2 is being released as a box set in August.

Lars game away a signed copy of it on Jimmy Kimmel last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rzZCqPPy4A&t=0s

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls thought they would bring it out on DVD/Blu Ray

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Cool looking artwork on it. Wonder what's gonna be in the package. Still haven't gone through my S&M2 photos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

feylya wrote: »
    Cool looking artwork on it. Wonder what's gonna be in the package. Still haven't gone through my S&M2 photos :D

Have Metallica ever gone down the road of 'signed copies' or posters, i don't think they have but i guess being who they are if they were to do it they'd charge a bomb

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

scudzilla wrote: »
    Have Metallica ever gone down the road of 'signed copies' or posters, i don't think they have but i guess being who they are if they were to do it they'd charge a bomb

Not for general sale, as far as I know. I mean, this is the band who were selling their used guitar strings (which I got for free when I ordered something...), so I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility

New stuff is being worked on according to Lars.

https://loudwire.com/metallica-writing-music-quarantine-new-album/

Wouldn't take much stock in it really. I remember for Hardwired & Death Magnetic there were numerous soundbites out of them for years prior to the release of the albums saying how close it was etc.

Degag wrote: »
    Wouldn't take much stock in it really. I remember for Hardwired & Death Magnetic there were numerous soundbites out of them for years prior to the release of the albums saying how close it was etc.

Wouldn’t that therefore prove that the rumours were correct in those cases?!

Metallica are notoriously slow workers when it comes to making an albums so even if they did start working on it now, I still wouldn't expect a new album to be finished until 2023. The Hardwired tour is going to run into 2021 and although tour legs are short with plenty of time off, I don't think they'd be meeting up and writing during the breaks.

Metallica are notoriously slow workers when it comes to making an albums so even if they did start working on it now, I still wouldn't expect a new album to be finished until 2023. The Hardwired tour is going to run into 2021 and although tour legs are short with plenty of time off, I don't think they'd be meeting up and writing during the breaks.

Them being slow is true, they certainly aren't quick fire releasing like they did with Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, though if ya want a really slow band when it comes to making an album. GN'R say hello.......... but that's more down to Axl, whereas Metallica are a bit more democratic.

As for a release date, 2022 MAYBE a possibility. If not I'd then 2023 is realistic enough. 2023 would be 8 years post Hardwired.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Wouldn’t that therefore prove that the rumours were correct in those cases?!

Well i wasn't really accusing them of that; i think the new album will come. It was moreso that they have a habit of saying a record is close..... and then we are still waiting for it years later:pac:

Master Of Puppets is apparently the bands best song. Which was decided after a fan voted bracket.

https://loudwire.com/metallica-best-song-master-of-puppets/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Master Of Puppets is apparently the bands best song. Which was decided after a fan voted bracket.

was voting along with this on instagram, good craic, but was disgusted to see blackened fall in the quarters to enter sandman.

One v Puppets was the final, puppets is a great song, but I feel One is a more fitting representation of the band.

D.Q wrote: »
    was voting along with this on instagram, good craic, but was disgusted to see blackened fall in the quarters to enter sandman.

One v Puppets was the final, puppets is a great song, but I feel One is a more fitting representation of the band.

I was hoping Blackened would win too. Damned Enter Sandman :pac:

Question now is, will Puppets hold onto it's crown, if and when the band's camp run the contest again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Did they charge you to vote ?

:P :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

D.Q wrote:

Blackened or sandman, ffs! Some fans have no shame, good winner though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Blackened or sandman, ffs! Some fans have no shame, good winner though

Obviously those people who voted sandman never listened to blackenes as it should be (a smidge under as loud as possible for your speakers to play it before they blow out)

klose wrote: »
    Obviously those people who voted sandman never listened to blackenes as it should be (a smidge under as loud as possible for your speakers to play it before they blow out)

There’s a good chance that Sandman voters did not even know what Blackened is, hence only a limited number of tracks, most likely all from the black album, could have received their vote. A bit like voting for Trump because you didn’t know Obama and Clinton were even running for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

There's also a good chance that voters picked Sandman simply because they prefer it over Blackened.
    It's all subjective.
    Personally, I voted for Blackened.

There's also a good chance that voters picked Sandman simply because they prefer it over Blackened.
    It's all subjective.
    Personally, I voted for Blackened.

these voters are gay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It's good to see James happy out and passionate about this car project of his (and making tables I guess). I could listen to the man talk all day and I'm not even into cars.

• Advertisement

It's good to see James happy out and passionate about this car project of his (and making tables I guess). I could listen to the man talk all day and I'm not even into cars.

I've an anonymous amount of respect for the man, not just because of his talents but more so about his openess with his struggles with addiction and mental health issues, many people in his position wouldn't be as open about such issues

Advertisement