Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's only a small snippet of the gig on their YouTube channel, which I think is a great idea, we re all getting too use to wanting things for free, and that includes myself, this is for charity afterall, fair play to them for doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Blackened and the small bit of THOTRS i heard were really good. Disposable Heroes - not so much IMO.

14 songs seemed a bit light to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I paid for the AWMH stream and it was worth every cent... my first ever PPV concert. It was a great concert and it had some real stand out moments. The 'fan wall' was a brilliant idea too, it was way better than I thought it would be. I hope they do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Degag wrote: »
    Blackened and the small bit of THOTRS i heard were really good. Disposable Heroes - not so much IMO.

14 songs seemed a bit light to me though.

THOTRS????

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

THOTRS????

The House Of The Rising Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

THOTRS????

House of the rising sun

The circle between Metallica and Diamond Head is now complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The AWMH stream is on YouTube if anyone is looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Awesome vocals from James here in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

dexter647 wrote: »

Awesome vocals from James here in my opinion

He sounds really good here.
    I read that he butchered this cover previously...
    Think this makes up for any errors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭klose

Leaving out the bass intro in would is a sin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

klose wrote: »
    Leaving out the bass intro in would is a sin

Not to mention leaving out the ending....

vocals are great tho

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

I like this, Hetfields vocals are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You can hear the bass coz he’s playing a precision :) cut through like a mofo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Kirk's hat makes him look like Würzel Gummidge

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Love a new covers album from the guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Love a new covers album from the guys

I reckon it's only a matter of time, Metallica have always loved covers so fingers crossed we get Garage Inc. II

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gibson's Icon series latest episode is with Kirk Hammett, it's an hour and 20 mins of a pretty in depth interview. Watched most of it last night, and it goes deep into the beginnings of Metallica, back when Kirk was in Exodus, when he first met James & Lars etc. Lots on Cliff in there too. It's up on Youtube currently.

Can't for the live of me get the video to embed. Here's a link

https://youtu.be/bPy8YyUgxyA

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Gibson's Icon series latest episode is with Kirk Hammett, it's an hour and 20 mins of a pretty in depth interview. Watched most of it last night, and it goes deep into the beginnings of Metallica, back when Kirk was in Exodus, when he first met James & Lars etc. Lots on Cliff in there too. It's up on Youtube currently.

Can't for the live of me get the video to embed. Here's a link

https://youtu.be/bPy8YyUgxyA

More info in that interview than any other Metallica documentary

Posted on the band's Facebook page an hour ago.
    Rest In Peace, Marsha. Thank you for everything.

Much love to Jonny Z & the Zazula family.

137631394_10157571678320264_6932949490760532475_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=eRWg6mnt82kAX8Utkom&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=02c6f5e3427fc937ebb1c59c4040e955&oe=601F9F66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Posted on the band's Facebook page an hour ago.

137631394_10157571678320264_6932949490760532475_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=eRWg6mnt82kAX8Utkom&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=02c6f5e3427fc937ebb1c59c4040e955&oe=601F9F66

Cant say i knew that person, RIP anyway

With the Cyrus/Elton John cover of NEM coming soon, is there a full album of Metallica covers by different artists coming ?

With the Cyrus/Elton John cover of NEM coming soon, is there a full album of Metallica covers by different artists coming ?

She and her husband Jonny Z had a hand in Metallica's early days. Mainly their label Megaforce Records, which Kill 'Em All & Ride The Lightning were released on.

They also helped out other bands such as Anthrax, Testament & Overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No, Miley is doing her own Tallica covers album

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    No, Miley is doing her own Tallica covers album

Personally I can't wait to see that album, I just hope Miley does it properly, by which I mean she picks a few obscure tracks alongside the more commercial; to give as much a flavour of Metallica's entire career as opposed to just remaking the Black album.

All that said, I'd imagine Miley Cyrus singing 'Fade to Black' would be incredible.

Personally I can't wait to see that album, I just hope Miley does it properly, by which I mean she picks a few obscure tracks alongside the more commercial; to give as much a flavour of Metallica's entire career as opposed to just remaking the Black album.

All that said, I'd imagine Miley Cyrus singing 'Fade to Black' would be incredible.

Interestingly just saw this on Wikipedia!
    In October 2020, Miley Cyrus announced that she was planning on recording a Metallica covers album and on January 7, 2021 she announced that she has recorded a cover version of "Nothing Else Matters" that would feature Elton John on piano, drummer Chad Smith from Red Hot Chili Peppers and cellist Yo-Yo Ma. The song was produced by Andrew Watt.

For the hypothetical garage days 3 I do believe Metallica have jammed riffs from:
    • Death comes ripping
    • London dungeon
    By the misfits

At one time or another

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

M€tallica are selling cars for Ford.
    Enter Sandman being used to sell the Raptor in the States.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallicas-enter-sandman-featured-in-ford-commercial/

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greenspurs wrote: »
    M€tallica are selling cars for Ford.
    Enter Sandman being used to see the Raptor in the States.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallicas-enter-sandman-featured-in-ford-commercial/

covid must be hitting them hard, poor lads

Iconic song by huge worldwide band used in television advert.

Shock! Horror!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody managed to get hold of any of the Walmart coloured vinyls, pretty crappy they dont ship here, bidding on a few on ebay, hopefully the price stays reasonable

Advertisement