Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I could see myself walking into a HMV next month and just finding a new Metallica album there
    I doubt that they'd ever release an album without any sort of promotion. Would make absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    Like i said, apart from the Garage Inc tour they only regularly play it in Ireland, 6 times in the last 11 years, and 4 of them on Irish Soil

* Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland on August 1, 2009
    * Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland on August 20, 2008
    * RDS Arena, Dublin, Ireland on June 11, 2006
    * Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON, Canada on October 27, 2004
    * HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY, USA on October 10, 2004
    * RDS Arena, Dublin, Ireland on June 25, 2004
    * Target Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA on January 10, 2000
    * Target Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA on January 9, 2000
    * Target Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA on January 7, 2000
    * Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL, USA on January 5, 2000
    * Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL, USA on January 4, 2000
    * Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA on January 3, 2000
    * Gund Arena, Cleveland, OH, USA on January 1, 2000
    * Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, MI, USA on December 31, 1999
    * Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, FL, USA on December 29, 1999
    * Orange Bowl, Miami, FL, USA on December 28, 1999
    * Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France on July 7, 1999
    * Point Theatre, Dublin, Ireland on July 5, 1999
    * Rock Werchter Festival, Werchter, Belgium on July 3, 1999
    * Ruisrock Festival, Turku, Finland on July 2, 1999
    * Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, Denmark on July 1, 1999
    * Song Festival Ground, Tallinn, Estonia on June 29, 1999
    * Roseland Ballroom, New York, NY, USA on November 24, 1998
    * Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA, USA on November 23, 1998
    * State Theatre, Detroit, MI, USA on November 20, 1998
    * Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL, USA on November 19, 1998
    * The Warehouse, Toronto, ON, Canada on November 17, 1998

You just confirmed what I originally said - they haven't only played it in Ireland. Thanks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You just confirmed what I originally said - they haven't only played it in Ireland. Thanks. :D

Maybe i should have worded my original statement better, something like 'I like the song because now they only ever play it in Ireland'

Maybe i should have worded my original statement better, something like 'I like the song because now they only ever play it in Ireland'

?

?

They only seem to play it in Ireland now, it's not been played anywhere else for 7+yrs

• Advertisement

They only seem to play it in Ireland now, it's not been played anywhere else for 7+yrs

That wasn't my original point, though.

Where else then? Sure they may have played it when garage inc was released but now it's only played in Ireland

That was my original point and i'm more or less correct, played it 3 times in the last 7 yrs and each time in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beat me to it! Seriously tempted to travel over for this.

Got a rush of blood to the head and started looking at flights myself but it's very expensive. As much as i'd love to do it i think i'll have to give it a miss.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Got a rush of blood to the head and started looking at flights myself but it's very expensive. As much as i'd love to do it i think i'll have to give it a miss.

Yeah, 600 for a flight, looking at another 400 for 3 nights hotel, gig ticket (which i think will be pretty expensive) and then spends, not gonna get much change outta 2grand.

If i win the lotto tonight i'll take 4 people from this thread, can't get much fairer than that!!

Yeah, 600 for a flight, looking at another 400 for 3 nights hotel, gig ticket (which i think will be pretty expensive) and then spends, not gonna get much change outta 2grand.

If i win the lotto tonight i'll take 4 people from this thread, can't get much fairer than that!!

Yeah,i done 2 shows in Long Island and Newark in January '09 and stayed a week for about €1400 including flights,accomodation,gig tickets and beer(and the odd bit of food too!:pac:). Great value at a quiet time of the year,this is much more expensive unfortunately.

• Advertisement

LOL.:pac:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/TheBig4.jsp

For those that don't know,Mariano Rivera is a pitcher for the NYY's and always runs out to Enter Sandman at Yankee Stadium.

Fcuk sake, you could take everyone from this thread and not miss a penny!

Degag wrote: »
    Fcuk sake, you could take everyone from this thread and not miss a penny!

I know, but by saying just 4 it gives me the option of leaving the idiots behind :P;)

METALLICA is scheduled to enter the studio later this month to begin recording a yet-to-be-revealed new project, which guitarist Kirk Hammett described to RollingStone.com as "more a recording project than a bona fide METALLICA album."

In a brand new interview with U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich was asked to comment on the band's recording plans. "Ooh, boy. Yeah, I… What would you like me to say?" he replied. "Obviously, I can't talk about it. If I could talk about it, I would — you know me. It's… We'll see… It's something… We'll see how it plays out. If there's something, you'll be among the first to know, trust me."

When asked if the project involved "something new," Ulrich paused before replying, "Er… something new? Um… not necessarily. It depends on where you look at it from. I wouldn't call it something new. You guys will be right there when we're ready to share it with somebody. Right now there's nothing to say, and Kirk's been… er… He's been given 10 push-ups! And not kid push-ups! Kirk is doing 10 push-ups every morning 'till rehearsal."

Regarding whether there have been signs of any new material, Ulrich said, "James [Hetfield, guitar/vocals] told me in Australia that he had over 700 [new] riffs. That was slightly overwhelming. When I spoke to him yesterday, he told me that he'd been playing guitar again in the last couple of weeks. And listen, when James tunes his guitar, he comes up with three to five usable guitar riffs. It's kind of frightening. James is not allowed to play guitar without being recorded Literally! There are also hours and hours of jams and tuning-room shindigs. After the gig [in Indio], we're gonna sit down and wade through two and half years' worth of riffs and jams and hopefully a lot of the seeds for the next METALLICA record will be in that. When you're just jamming instead of — quote — 'writing,' things have a tendency to be more organic and flow a little more. We can use the rest of the riffs for ringtones or… I don't know. Set up a web site: SpareRiffs.com."

METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo told Palm Springs, California radio station KCLB-FM that the band will work with producer Rick Rubin again on the follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic" album, Rubin's first collaboration with the group.

METALLICA decided to work with Rubin on "Death Magnetic" after making five albums over 15 years with producer Bob Rock.

Speaking about METALICA's "return" to its metal roots with "Death Magnetic", Ulrich told Metal Hammer, "Obviously, the key element in this whole thing [goes back] to playing 'Master Of Puppets' in its entirety [in 2006], which was something that 10 years ago I'd have not thought we would ever do. Revisiting 'Puppets' while we were writing the next record certainly put a stamp on 'Death Magnetic'. We'd never allowed ourselves to be inspired by our past. And Rick Rubin encouraged us to be OK with revisiting 'Ride The Lightning' and so on. Then came the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame — which brought another kind of nostalgic thing. So there are these highlights over the past 10 years, these triggering points. The side of METALLICA that we are having a lot of fun with right now is the harder, faster, more manic, more out-of-control stuff than, say, the 'Load'-'Reload' British blues stuff. Playing a lot of the full-on metal stuff like 'Dyers Eve' and 'The Shortest Straw'. We played 'The Call Of Ktulu' in Australia. Bringing out 'Trapped Under Ice' again… It's just been cool to feel comfortable about embracing that side of METALLICA."

Link : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157533

Maybe i was right ages ago in saying they're gonna re-record some old Metalli-classics

At this stage in the game, there are very few places in the world that we have not dragged our gear and crew to, so that makes this show announcement extra special . . . for the first time ever, we will be visiting India for two shows! It’s about time, wouldn’t you say?!?!

Up first will be Delhi on October 28, 2011 at F1 Rocks, held in Leisure Valley, Sector 29, Gurgaon as we help to celebrate the first Grand Prix race ever held in India. Night number two will find us at the Bangalore Palace Ground, Main Palace, Bangalore, on October 30 as part of the Sonisphere Festival.

All tickets are general admission and will go sale on www.ticketgenie.in and www.dnanetworks.com on May 4 at a time still to be announced.

And for those of you who like to travel, you might want to keep watching this site . . .

Hmmmmm, travelling from where? They seem to have covered most of the planet by now, gig on the ISS maybe :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Up first will be Delhi on October 28, 2011 at F1 Rocks, held in Leisure Valley, Sector 29, Gurgaon as we help to celebrate the first Grand Prix race ever held in India. www.ticketgenie.in and www.dnanetworks.com on May 4 at a time still to be announced.

And for those of you who like to travel, you might want to keep watching this site . . .

Getting to see them and an f1 race would be epic!

Be very interesting to see ticket prices for the India gigs, checked the links but nothing up yet

You asked for it, you got it!! We read your posts, e-mails, tweets and saw the pleas for a general admission floor at this show, so ask and you shall receive! We know you won’t be sitting down for one second, so here’s how it will work – the floor will be divided into two sections, literally a front and a back (simple, uh?).

Ticket prices are as follows:

Front G.A. floor: $225
    Back G.A. floor: $175
    Reserved lower level seats: $119
    Upper deck reserved seats: $90
    Additional Ticketmaster and facility fees will be applied.

Check back shortly for hotel packages and shuttle bus/ferry travel packages. There will not be a VIP ticket package now that the entire floor is G.A.

150euro plus fee's (30Euro) for standing!!!!! WTF!!!! :eek::eek:

Even standing at the back is 120Euro plus fees (25)

Taking the piss with that one

One of the rumours i've heard about this 'PROJECT' is that they'll go into studio and record 2 tracks from each of the other 'Big 4' bands,ie. 2 Slayer tracks,2 Megadeth tracks and 2 Anthrax tracks. The other bands will do the same thing! Could be interesting.:pac:

As to the US ticket prices,US fans have been getting even more fleeced than European fans in all genres of music for live shows for years. Ticket prices are crazy and with promoters and ticketbastard having a stranglehold on venues and ticketing it's never going to change. I'd love to know how these ticket prices are created,how much input(if any) do the bands get or is it all management and promoters deciding how much they'll gouge the fans for. I'd ruled out the idea of heading over for it as it was too expensive in terms of airfare but them ticket prices definitely rule me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Not a hope I'll travel over to that show now. Knew the fact it was in a baseball stadium it'd be expensive, but never in around the $225 mark. I've been looking into the F1 rocks gigs now, should be interesting to see how much the tickets are for that.

• Advertisement

One of the rumours i've heard about this 'PROJECT' is that they'll go into studio and record 2 tracks from each of the other 'Big 4' bands,ie. 2 Slayer tracks,2 Megadeth tracks and 2 Anthrax tracks. The other bands will do the same thing! Could be interesting.:pac:

As to the US ticket prices,US fans have been getting even more fleeced than European fans in all genres of music for live shows for years. Ticket prices are crazy and with promoters and ticketbastard having a stranglehold on venues and ticketing it's never going to change. I'd love to know how these ticket prices are created,how much input(if any) do the bands get or is it all management and promoters deciding how much they'll gouge the fans for. I'd ruled out the idea of heading over for it as it was too expensive in terms of airfare but them ticket prices definitely rule me out.

I wouldn't say fleecing, just the Mega bands seem to fleece.

Slayer & Rob Zombie are touring the U.S this summer, tickets (General Admission) are $40 (27Euro), to me that is cheap as chips

Would love to hear Metallica's take on 'In my Darkest Hour', but due to the meaning of the song i doubt they'd do it as it was Mustaines tribute to Cliff

I wouldn't say fleecing, just the Mega bands seem to fleece.

Slayer & Rob Zombie are touring the U.S this summer, tickets (General Admission) are $40 (27Euro), to me that is cheap as chips

Jaysus that's cheap!!

While it sounds interesting and as much as i defend Lars, i'm not sure i'd like to see him playing Raining Blood or Angel of Death! Or maybe i would!!

Degag wrote: »
    While it sounds interesting and as much as i defend Lars, i'm not sure i'd like to see him playing Raining Blood or Angel of Death! Or maybe i would!!

In a recording scenario he could probably pull off either of them over a number of sessions but in a live situation he'd be shown to be seriously lacking.

At this stage in the game, there are very few places in the world that we have not dragged our gear and crew to, so that makes this show announcement extra special . . . for the first time ever, we will be visiting India for two shows! It’s about time, wouldn’t you say?!?!

Up first will be Delhi on October 28, 2011 at F1 Rocks, held in Leisure Valley, Sector 29, Gurgaon as we help to celebrate the first Grand Prix race ever held in India. Night number two will find us at the Bangalore Palace Ground, Main Palace, Bangalore, on October 30 as part of the Sonisphere Festival.

All tickets are general admission and will go sale on www.ticketgenie.in and www.dnanetworks.com on May 4 at a time still to be announced.

Hmmmmm, travelling from where? They seem to have covered most of the planet by now, gig on the ISS maybe :P

PMSL. Maybe somewhere in Africa??

In a recording scenario he could probably pull off either of them over a number of sessions but in a live situation he'd be shown to be seriously lacking.

Yeah, 1 bet at a time then all magically put together by Rubin and Hey Presto, Lars has found his mojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

PMSL. Maybe somewhere in Africa??

They did play some festival in South Africa a few years ago, from what I can remember. That's a great thing about the band, they have played nearly everywhere at this stage, giving nearly every fan a chance to see them.

They did play some festival in South Africa a few years ago, from what I can remember. That's a great thing about the band, they have played nearly everywhere at this stage, giving nearly every fan a chance to see them.

They done 3 shows in South Africa around 2006 iirc. Antarctica is the only continent they haven't been yet.;)

They could play Trapped under Ice there!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

They done 3 shows in South Africa around 2006 iirc. Antarctica is the only continent they haven't been yet.;)

They could play Trapped under Ice there!:pac:

Haha im sure that would go down well.....

Advertisement