Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Kess73 wrote: »
    100% agree.

I have a soft spot for the album because it was the first Metallica album I got on it's release date, but musically it still stands up and there are days when I prefer it to Puppets.

For me it is a bit like Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time. Not in terms of how it sounds but in terms of it being an album that can get overlooked at times, and when played has people going "fcuk me, that is one excellent album"

+1 That was what I meant when I said
    If it werent for MOP ....this album would get much more praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is this a love song?

These lyrics always get me.

"Lay beside me"
    "We share this bed"
    "She'll be there when I'm gone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Was browsing a few Dubstep acts today due to Korn writing an EP with a few Dubstep artists and stumbled upon this so thought I'd post it!

Kinda like it!

Edit: Also

Metallica - The Unforgiven II

Is this a love song?

"Lay beside me"
    "We share this bed"

not really the impression I got tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

a song that should never be (besides the point), as far as I know its about the same boy thats in the original but he is a bit older around 14 or 15 yrs old, i really dont think its a love song! but could be completely wrong! best thing to do is take from it what you think!

• Advertisement

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    a song that should never be (besides the point), as far as I know its about the same boy thats in the original but he is a bit older around 14 or 15 yrs old, i really dont think its a love song! but could be completely wrong! best thing to do is take from it what you think!
    is it just me or did that post sound like a song off MOP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Unforgiven I was a great song. Unforgiven II was a good song. Unforgiven III was unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Iron Maiden = maybe
    Metallica = I would doubt it, highly doubt it

I would doubt Master of Puppets is overlooked by anyone. In fact, from personal opinion, I would find it hard to know or speak with a metal fan who isn't fully aware of that album (let alone owns a copy of it themselves)

I was not talking about Master Of Puppets. :confused: RTL was what I was talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Surely this could go in the gigantic metallica thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is this a love song?

"Lay beside me"
    "We share this bed"

In 1991 he was blaming the Folks

In 1997 he was blaming the Mot

In 2008 he was blaming himself.

Simples !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

First Metallica song I ever heard ?

"The Memory Remains" on MTV in early 1998. I still recall where I was, and what I was doing. The video left a real impression on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I would doubt Master of Puppets is overlooked by anyone.
    So would I but I'm curious so I've started a thread on that :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Beekay wrote: »
    Metallica dubstep remixes

Not bad, much preferred Seek and Destroy. Listening to the end of Bells now and its growing on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is this a love song?

"Lay beside me"
    "We share this bed"

Don't know where you got those lyrics from:confused:? They're not part of Unforgiven 3. I have no clue what it's about. Great song though.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/the-unforgiven-ii-lyrics-metallica/aab9114d1cb113194825688d0034f208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Don't know where you got those lyrics from:confused:? They're not part of Unforgiven 3. I have no clue what it's about. Great song though.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/the-unforgiven-ii-lyrics-metallica/aab9114d1cb113194825688d0034f208

He was talking about Unforgiven II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Interesting business article about how Metallica performing in Halifax will actually boost the area's economy ten told in tourism and trade. Funny how one event can have such a huge impact on an area.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/1243015.html
    "For our business alone, it will be a very important event — it’ll be bigger than Christmas," Crow said.

With no other Metallica concerts booked in Atlantic Canada, Crow expects fans from all over the region to come to the Halifax show.

"These are people who have disposable incomes that are coming to town," he said. "These are people that spend their money. And they’re Metallica fans, they’re a bit older, so they have money to spend. It’s an important event, and it will make everybody in this city money."

The Garrison Grounds have a capacity of 30,000 people. Crow is expecting "close to 25,000 if it’s a sunny day. If it’s a rainy day, 19,000."

05-13-11_metallica_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I guess so, I'd love to hear an outgoing from Bleeding Me more often

Perhaps I could be tempted to say that is my favourite Metallica song of all time

Just thought i'd upload this for the craic for you.. It's Bleeding Me from the Point in '96.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just listening to the Donington '06 show, damn that was so fcukin good.

Shame that 'The New Song' never made it cos it's pretty damn good, i remember listening to it on the night and it was like "**** yeahhhhh"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

For those interested in what Jason is up to now, take a listen to this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    Just thought i'd upload this for the craic for you.. It's Bleeding Me from the Point in '96.:)

I'll watch that later ;). That was some gig IIRC - it was "in the round" and the lighting rig was set up in such a way that it was able to move about - particularly during this song.

• Advertisement

For those interested in what Jason is up to now, take a listen to this:

Great song, thanks for the post, nice to see Jason doing some work

Wouldn't mind seeing this band tour, but it's not gonna happen, maybe just a standard release for this song would be good then!

One thing I will say - very Metallica sounding at the beginning of that record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

yeah motley you're hearing the same notes as harvester of sorrow.

i like it though

yeah motley you're hearing the same notes as harvester of sorrow.

Oh right, cool...I guess lol...

Just won a ballot to get a ticket for Friday at Sonisphere to see Metallica

Sorry to be a crybaby but I haven't the money to afford it, I'm broke:(

To make matters worse the festival organisers have told everyone they have 72 hours in which to book their tickets - I could find the money if they gave me a week until the end of the month! A little extension on that couldn't have hurt the organisers that much?

Excuse me while I just go and find a way to express my discontent

..... HARVESTER OF SORROW......

**P.S. If anyone in this thread wants to do a whip round for me then I'd be quite happy:D**

Anybody else go to this gig? This is the only youtube vid i can find of it.

We turned up at Donington at 1pm, went straight to the front of the second stage, Metallica came on at 3, finished at 4, we left at 4.30 as rest of the bill was dire.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Metallica came on at 3, finished at 4, we left at 4.30 as rest of the bill was dire.
    I wasn't at it myself but looking at the rest of the line-up that year I'd have stayed for Apocalyptica but that's about it.

Malice wrote: »
    I wasn't at it myself but looking at the rest of the line-up that year I'd have stayed for Apocalyptica but that's about it.

i can't even remember who was playing, i know Limp Bizkit pulled out of headlining so Audioslave stepped up. As we were walking out of the Arena we watched 20 mins of Stone Sour.

Metallica were awesome, we were more or less on the barrier, and by the time they came on there must have been 30,000 people trying to cram into the tent, security stopped people leaving the main arena as it was so bad. Evanescence who were playing Main Stage at same time must have played to 10,000 max!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    i can't even remember who was playing, i know Limp Bizkit pulled out of headlining so Audioslave stepped up. As we were walking out of the Arena we watched 20 mins of Stone Sour.

The festival was appalling that year, I believe Billy Corgan's band Zwan were second only to Audioslave - and they'd lost both initial headlines as Limp Bizkit and Iron Maiden both pulled out

Funny enough, the best bands were lower down, with Shadow's Fall and Stampin' Ground on the Saturday and Raging Speedhorn, The Darkness and Stone Sour on the Sunday

But Metallica stole this festival - Scuzz were recording at it that year, but declined to film Metallica, their reasoning being that it was a secret set and meant just for those in attendance so they respected the organisers wish that it not be filmed.

The festival was appalling that year, I believe Billy Corgan's band Zwan were second only to Audioslave - and they'd lost both initial headlines as Limp Bizkit and Iron Maiden both pulled out

Funny enough, the best bands were lower down, with Shadow's Fall and Stampin' Ground on the Saturday and Raging Speedhorn, The Darkness and Stone Sour on the Sunday

But Metallica stole this festival - Scuzz were recording at it that year, but declined to film Metallica, their reasoning being that it was a secret set and meant just for those in attendance so they respected the organisers wish that it not be filmed.

Maiden didn't pull out, they headlined the Saturday night

• Advertisement

The line up is given here which is where I referenced Apocalyptica from.

Advertisement