Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    Maiden didn't pull out, they headlined the Saturday night

Maybe I was too drunk....:confused:....for some reason I seem to remember being pissed because Maiden pulled out of something, maybe I'm confusing it with something else:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Maybe I was too drunk....:confused:....for some reason I seem to remember being pissed because Maiden pulled out of something, maybe I'm confusing it with something else:confused:
    You're just getting old. Don't worry, it happens to all of us :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Metallica are crap since and justice for all-after that album they sold out:p
    Not only did they change music direction they also seemed to turn into idiots :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Metallica are crap since and justice for all-after that album they sold out:p
    Not only did they change music direction they also seemed to turn into idiots :eek:

I agree somewhat that they changed their muscal style after Justice and it wasn't the best of changes, and yes they aren't what they used to be live, but they're getting older. They can't be playing lots of Kill/Ride/Puppets/Justice style. It'd get boring. but they're still awesome. How did they turn into idiots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

On sale from next week :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

metallica.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah FFS,i wish they wouldn't get involved in crap like that. Fair enough,i don't have to buy it but it just cheapens the band imo and gives even more credence to the sell-out brigade. It's not like they need the money!

lord lucan wrote: »
    Ah FFS,i wish they wouldn't get involved in crap like that. Fair enough,i don't have to buy it but it just cheapens the band imo and gives even more credence to the sell-out brigade. It's not like they need the money!

Yep, totally agree, we try and defend them and then they come out wit crap like this

On sale from next week :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

metallica.jpg

Oh my god, is this for real?

I actually really want to buy this? Maybe I can buy Jason's sense of pride and well being and then charge Lars rent for stamping all over it....?

Maybe this is the secret project they were working on!:pac::pac:

Metallic-opoly! How very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Is that Monopoly thing a mock up?

Oh my god, is this for real?

I actually really want to buy this? Maybe I can buy Jason's sense of pride and well being and then charge Lars rent for stamping all over it....?
    Is that Monopoly thing a mock up?

Apparently not, they posted it on there Facebook fan site, it will be on sale next week in the metstore

http://www.metallica.com/store_landing.asp

As much as it would suck, maybe this is the "secret project" we've been hearing about the board game contains a DVD or something similar for interaction....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I presume Lars' house will be the expensive street?

I presume Lars' house will be the expensive street?

That or his art collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

As stated it's only a rumour but Peter Aiken is setting his sights on signing Metallica for the Marque for 2012........oh yes please!!!!:D:D:D:D

As stated it's only a rumour but Peter Aiken is setting his sights on signing Metallica for the Marque for 2012........oh yes please!!!!:D:D:D:D

The Marquee on Wardour Street? That closed years ago :P

The Marquee on Wardour Street? That closed years ago :P

:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I would have bet on Anthrax playing there at some stage, given that we have had Slayer and Megadeth down here.

I thought Metallica would be well too big to play there, but having them play on my own doorstep would be sweet.Although, I have had my heart broken by some many rumours this year I'm gonna remain sceptical.

Where is the Marque?

• Advertisement

Fago! wrote: »
    Where is the Marque?

Cork. Megadeth played there last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Aren't MCD Metallica's promoters here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I don't even think Metallica need a promoter over here.

Question: For Metallica's gig in 2009, why was it originally listed as Fairyhouse, and why was it changed does anybody know?

They've been with both Aiken and MCD over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

God that board game....

Question: For Metallica's gig in 2009, why was it originally listed as Fairyhouse, and why was it changed does anybody know?

They couldn't get the license I believe, and there are very strict regulations in regards to Fairyhouse as opposed to any other venue in Ireland, a lot of it has to do with the maintenance of the ground for horse racing events and how many concerts there are a year etc

If it wasn't in Rathfarnham I probably wouldn't have flown back to Dublin for the 2009 gig, it's handy when your parents literally live around the corner:D

Aiken promoted the gig in 2006 because they also did that whole Download Ireland weekend thing with Guns N Roses. And they also promoted the gig in 2003/4, Metallica switched to MCD in 2008 but I think that was only because Aiken had money tied up in other areas.

To be fair, concert promotion (even on a small scale) is a massive business and takes a lot of money invested up front before artists even arrive on Irish soil. The money exchanged for these gigs is, in principle, almost sinful (everyone gets entertained and has a good time but it's essentially like bringing a circus to town, for one day, and with a band like Metallica the cost must be staggering....but if they didn't make a profit, and a sizeable one, then they wouldn't bother - at least not on the kind of scale Metallica do in Ireland)

Personally I'd love to see them in Cork, just for an excuse to visit the city, so we will wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Where did this rumour stem from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

About 10 posts up I reckon :D

It was ME!!!! Read it in a Sunday paper,and got so excited thought I'd share it.....now if it turns out to be true ye can bow down and pay homage.....of course if it's turns out to be bulls**t ye can point and laugh!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

http://www.metallica.com/page.asp?ps_key=4F31377A8B5746E1B0437710353B2797&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There you will find that Metallica have a full length album completed in collaboration with Lou Reed...

Advertisement