Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

http://www.metallica.com/page.asp?ps_key=4F31377A8B5746E1B0437710353B2797&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There you will find that Metallica have a full length album completed in collaboration with Lou Reed...

Wow, now I wasn't expecting that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I hope to **** that this isn't another Santana-esque record: ie: Washed up former great enlists the help of modern superstars to help get his music to a younger audience.

I really hope that Metallica don't go down this route with this "project".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A bit underwhelming tbh. Not a Lou Reed fan. Will probably give it a listen when it comes out but not expecting much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No doubt to be followed by loads of gushings from Lars about how he was always a massive Lou Reed fan and that Reed has been a major influence on him. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    No doubt to be followed by loads of gushings from Lars about how he was always a massive Lou Reed fan and that Reed has been a major influence on him. :D

I'm surprised he hasn't had the Gallagher brothers on a record yet!:D

• Advertisement

I hope to **** that this isn't another Santana-esque record: ie: Washed up former great enlists the help of modern superstars to help get his music to a younger audience.

I really hope that Metallica don't go down this route with this "project".

Yep they really should have chosen somebody much younger than Reed to try and get the younger market. :p

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm surprised he hasn't had the Gallagher brothers on a record yet!:D

Don't tempt fate. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Listened to this earlier:

Does anyone else think it sounds faster with the Bass?

It does sound much better (and heavier).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

http://www.acdc.com/us/news/acdc-collector-edition-monopoly-coming-august

Looks like AC/DC want in on this Monopoly thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

The Lou Reed project is interesting, I thought the Metallica and Reed version of "Sweet Jane" was awful when they performed at the "Hall of Fame" show but I think a studio album with the two could work well. I'm a big fan of both so I'm looking forward to it.
    Wonder if Lou will have his own square on the "Monopoly" board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

absolutely rediculous!

lou reed??????

totally out of ideas of their own now are they?

pathetic.

sad to see a once great band fall this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

absolutely rediculous!

lou reed??????

totally out of ideas of their own now are they?

pathetic.

sad to see a once great band fall this far.

Obviously they're not out of idea's of their own, collaborating with a different style of song-writer like Lou Reed is an original idea in itself for a "metal" band.
    Personally I'm not dismissing the idea until I hear the end product.

I'd agree with you though on how far the band has fallen in terms of them becoming "cash-cows". Bringing out "Metallica Monopoly" indicates just how big the Metallica brand has become and I find that alot more disappointing than them collaborating with a great song-writer like Lou Reed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I like the collaboration idea in that its unconventional, its far away from the usual "true metal" traditionalist conservatism within the genre.

i know i sound like a dinosaurical "metal up your ass" merchant but come on, ozzy didn't decide to co-write with elton john, would it be interesting to see the output if takethat collaborated with slayer?

maybe i would be less cynical if i hadn't seen the monopoly set, or the film, but hell i just want to shake 'em up.
    As Jason said of the therapist, it's pure lame, and at the same time marketing the brand, the most disingenuous **** i've ever seen.

at this stage i think the only member i have any respect for is trujillo.

there is the thing that in music all things should be considered and explored.
    this is true.
    but i don't like it.

i know what i like and i like what i damn well know!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

There's a great interview with Lars in the issue of Classic Rock I got last week, the one with Slash and Izzy from GNR on the front cover, and it basically talks about a lot of backstage stuff and personal stuff (Lars talks about his first wife for example, something I never knew about as a Metallica fan) and it's just a really refreshing read outside the usual peddled bull****

The comment about the blowjob is fantastic, and the stuff about the showers while on tour

thanks for the heads up motley, got me a copy today.

has to be the best magazine for the buck these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Absolutely class man.. I love these downfall parodies and that has to be one of the best i have seen:pac: in a long time

Joined the MetClub last week, waiting to see if I win the M&G tomorrow, who knows....but if I do....THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

don't you mean JagerBombs Crue ;)

NIBBS wrote: »
    don't you mean JagerBombs Crue ;)

Sure, JagerBombs for some, Milky Bars for others...and Miniature American Flags for everyone else!

Joined the MetClub last week, waiting to see if I win the M&G tomorrow, who knows....but if I do....THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!:D

The winning emails don't usually come out until pretty late. Mine arrived around 23.30 last year iirc. Everything is done on PST(west coast USA time).:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

So any luck?

So any luck?

Comp only closes this afternoon,winners announced tonight.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

The joys of it. Sitting by the computer refreshing the contest page every now and then. When they say it's a lottery they mean it, mate of mine entered 20 and never won.

That's correct, and everything is PST time, so don't worry - if (or when) I win you will ALL KNOW!!

The joys of it. Sitting by the computer refreshing the contest page every now and then. When they say it's a lottery they mean it, mate of mine entered 20 and never won.

I was 0/13 when i entered for Madrid last year and had given up hope of ever winning. Didn't even bother checking the contest page,only realised when the email appeared late at night.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Crue could win. There's been many who've won on their first go whilst others have been trying for 15 years with no success.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Crue could win. There's been many who've won on their first go whilst others have been trying for 15 years with no success.

I certainly hope not lol, although as someone pointed out to me, the average of newcomers winning the competition has to be increased by the fact that a lot of new Australian, New Zealand and Japanese fans would have applied last year - and won - and a lot of Indian fans will be applying later this year and will probably win first time.

Megadeth's fan club doesn't have as many members, I can only assume that's the reason I was pretty much assured a M&G when I entered, although I don't know if I could be the kind of person who does 15 years in this club and not at least have some personal connection with the band.

The fan club is great and all but like everything there are cliques within it and certain people will always know more and have more information then others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I heard the chances of getting Meet and Greet were much higher if you are a new member, thats one reason I am raging I am not going Sonisphere, having only joined in January . . .

Advertisement