Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Well, this will be interesting to hear, but I suppose I'll just wait and see what comes of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Kevski wrote: »
    We have an album cover...

lulu_cover.jpg

That's a pretty weird looking album cover. Have Metallica become rebellious in their advancing years??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That's a pretty weird looking album cover. Have Metallica become rebellious in their advancing years??

Yup, rebellious enough to play a corporate party

Observe the gimp filming the gig with an iPad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Paula_K

I'm really not a Lou Reed fan at all so I'm not looking forward to this collaboration at all. I'll give it a listen alright but I'm not excited. That's just me though. I hear they're going to be on Jools Holland with Lou Reed in the next few months so you guys might want to apply to win tickets through the BBC if you are interested in attending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So release date is Oct 31st, shouldn't be too long before the album gets 'leaked' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    So release date is Oct 31st, shouldn't be too long before the album gets 'leaked' ;)

We could get quite the scare on Halloween so!:eek::pac::pac:

Feckin' James talking all over the DIE..DIE part in Creep again!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

This could be a very good mature piece of work or it could the biggest pile of ego-gratification Metallica have done since S&M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

"......so where did you get the idea for an album about jack the ripper, Metallica representatives?"*

Skip to 3:40

*bonus points if you get the reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

feylya wrote: »

Observe the gimp filming the gig with an iPad...

haaahahahaha..

On the Lulu front - you can't say that image isn't f*cking hilarious. a family down the road had this dog called lulu; used to drag it's anus around the carpet. Walls were scruffy from it relieving it's mange itch.

badly tarmaced drive too; but lulu didn't do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Surely they have more money than they could possibly spend at this stage. Unless this was for a favour for a mate or something, this really is a new low for Metallica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Surely they have more money than they could possibly spend at this stage. Unless this was for a favour for a mate or something, this really is a new low for Metallica.
    It was a favour for Kirks neighbour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It was a favour for Kirks neighbour

That's fair enough then. All's forgiven!

They've done Corp parties before, CoD launch springs to mind, The gig at the Playboy Mansion is also another one.

It's not like they're out there whoring themselves 10+ times per year, i think ya can count on one hand the number they've done

Lou Reed & Metallica will be on "Later With Jools Holland" on November 8th and 11th(I assume that the second show will be the repeat?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lou Reed & Metallica will be on "Later With Jools Holland" on November 8th and 11th(I assume that the second show will be the repeat?)
    no it's normally two shows...a midweek preview and then the main show...different songs each night?

Seems as though tickets are not yet available, gonna have to keep me eye out for an update

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/later_with_jools_winter11

Ouch, some long songs on Lulu

1.Brandenburg Gate (4:19)
    2.The View (5:17)
    3.Pumping Blood (7:24)
    4.Mistress Dread (6:52)
    5.Iced Honey (4:36)
    6.Cheat On Me (11:26)
    7.Frustration (8:33)
    8.Little Dog (8:01)
    9.Dragon (11:08)
    10.Junior Dad (19:28)

19 fcukin minutes!!!!

I can see this being complete cack, full of unneccesary crap making a really good 6/8 min song into a tedious 'when will it end' 11/19 min track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've a bad feeling about this.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I like my songs long. It gives the song space to develop and and add interesting instrumental passages and such. But, I don't think Metallica can do this anymore. I'd be very worried that this is just going to be a boring repetitive album with long songs just for the sake of them being long. Although, I'm still curious as to how this is all going to turn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ahhhh for christ's sake! This is gonna be terrible. Interested in how it'll be received.

• Advertisement

90 minutes of music?! Interesting to see how they fit that on to a standard CD

Fago! wrote: »
    Ahhhh for christ's sake! This is gonna be terrible. Interested in how it'll be received.

Do you have a crystal ball?:confused:

I can't wait. However if you want a metallica album, or a standard drums and guitars album ....this will not be one!! THis album will me a head f**k and i look forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

What exactly is what on this album.

Are Metallica playing/producing/singing/all of those?
    Same questions for Lou Reed?

I have a bad feeling about this :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I imagine it's gonna be very like this

ozzy jr wrote: »

Lou reed singing, Metallica doing the music. Hetfield may be doing backing vocals, no one knows yet.

On another note I love how people instantly judge a song by its title or length. Noticed it alot from Poor Posting Me, but people instantly think a song will suck or is awesome based on its title and its length. Wait until you hear the songs then judge. Nobody knows what it will sound like until we get some previews

ozzy jr wrote: »

Metallica are putting their take on Lou's songs...lou is singing, and greg "clipper" fiddlefingers is producing along with some other guy!

NSFW :rolleyes:

Metallica are putting their take on Lou's songs...lou is singing, and greg "clipper" fiddlefingers is producing along with some other guy!

So, it is gonna be like the last few Carlos Santana albums.......AVOID!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say so...i reckon it will be a lot more experimental, songs will have less standard structure and more movements.

Advertisement