Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

NSFW :rolleyes:

Sorry. Didn't think anyone would be playing it on speakers in work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I wouldn't say so...i reckon it will be a lot more experimental, songs will have less standard structure and more movements.

The version of Junior Dad on Lulu will be over 19 minutes long. :eek:

I see that Rolling Stone got their usual hyperbolic comment in by saying what they heard of the project so far compares to Master Of Puppets crossed with Berlin. LMAO.

I seem to remember St Anger being compared to Puppets as well before it was released and Death Magnetic being called a throw back to that era as well before release.

I generally don't like Reed's singing voice so am expecting nothing from this album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

19 minute song???

Lars is gonna die!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Degag wrote: »
    19 minute song???

Lars is gonna die!

Don't worry - it'll be looped. There probably won't be any double bass involved either so he should be okay?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

There probably won't be any double bass involved either so he should be okay?? :D
    Oh, i think that's pretty likely!

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Oh, i think that's pretty likely!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Another shift knob coming soon, maybe I'll be lucky third time around:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Another shift knob coming soon, maybe I'll be lucky third time around:D
    Are they selling Metallica-branded car parts now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

hey i'd buy toilet paper with lars face on it!
    :p

metallica and lou reed, nope i cannot open my mind sufficiently.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Another show added in October,this time they're off to Abu Dhabi.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20110912-news.asp

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    Are they selling Metallica-branded car parts now?

Nobody ever uses them for their car, but yes, they are selling shift knobs on a limited basis at random intervals - have been since 2006

Just a matter of time until the Metallica coffin....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

I can't wait. However if you want a metallica album, or a standard drums and guitars album ....this will not be one!! THis album will me a head f**k and i look forward to it!
    Dude, the last 'tallica album to be a head **** was St.Anger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Elrollo wrote: »
    Dude, the last 'tallica album to be a head **** was St.Anger!
    And I, being part of a small minority of Met fans that actually loves St. Anger, cannot wait to hear another potential mind fcuk

And I, being part of a small minority of Met fans that actually loves St. Anger, cannot wait to hear another potential mind fcuk
    Aye, I'm a bit of a close minded hoor when it comes to Metallica, heard St.Anger first time expecting a return to the 'old days' of Metallica and was confused at first and then dismayed with the overall album, when Death Magnetic came out I felt it was a kind of a return to the bands 80's-early 90's thrash vibe and was pretty happy with it, but this new album will be met by me with a certain amount of apprehension.

new album will be met by me with a certain amount of apprehension.

I think in terms of the Lou Reed album that if it's good we will hear "another great album from Metallica as the musical soul of this album" and if it's bad we'll hear "poor Lou Reed, a shadow of his former self"

I imagine Metallica, if they produce an excellent album, will do themselves more favours than Lou Reed

I think in terms of the Lou Reed album that if it's good we will hear "another great album from Metallica as the musical soul of this album" and if it's bad we'll hear "poor Lou Reed, a shadow of his former self"

I imagine Metallica, if they produce an excellent album, will do themselves more favours than Lou Reed

The album is just a collection of Lou Reed songs with Metallica as his backing band...........................MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Paula_K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi15nyO3v6s&feature=player_embedded

So, apparently this clip isn't a joke. This is an actual preview here folks! :P Excuse me while I go bury my head for a while! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paula_K wrote: »

So, apparently this clip isn't a joke. This is an actual preview here folks! :P Excuse me while I go bury my head for a while! :D
    not bad

This reminds me so much of a Bob Dylan type record, and I'm not sure if it's something I'd buy going by this small preview, I think I will need to hear a lot more and...basically, with or without the Metallica connection

This reminds me so much of a Bob Dylan type record, and I'm not sure if it's something I'd buy going by this small preview, I think I will need to hear a lot more and...basically, with or without the Metallica connection

Definitely, I probably wouldn't buy many albums going by a 30 second preview, but... this is a bit much for me I think! We'll have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'm in that minority too. I'm scared to hear the new album. I reckon I'll hate it at first, but will probably love it eventually. Just like St Anger.

Metrollica!

Metrollica!

I'm not too well versed with the whole forum thingy, but is this implying that I'm an internet troll?

I'm an avid Metallica fan, member of the club since 2007, seen them 15 times in different parts of the World, met them last year in Belfast (best day of my life so far), collect what I can afford, they are my idols to say the least. I don't have to love every little thing they do though. I don't like what I hear, I don't like Lou Reed's voice, I am entitled to that opinion!

I'm not too well versed with the whole forum thingy, but is this implying that I'm an internet troll?

I'm an avid Metallica fan, member of the club since 2007, seen them 15 times in different parts of the World, met them last year in Belfast (best day of my life so far), collect what I can afford, they are my idols to say the least. I don't have to love every little thing they do though. I don't like what I hear, I don't like Lou Reed's voice, I am entitled to that opinion!

I never implied that you were a troll :o I've implied Metallica are trolling their fanbase!

I never implied that you were a troll :o I've implied Metallica are trolling their fanbase!

Sorry for the misunderstanding :P Thought you where saying that to me haha :D Again, sorry man!

Sorry for the misunderstanding :P Thought you where saying that to me haha :D Again, sorry man!

No hassle! I'm horrifyingly hungover so I was too lazy to put that in at the start :D, thought that Lou Reed thing was pretty funny though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

No hassle! I'm horrifyingly hungover so I was too lazy to put that in at the start :D, thought that Lou Reed thing was pretty funny though

Hungover at half ten at night?

Fago! wrote: »
    Hungover at half ten at night?
    Hungover from last night! Epic birthday drinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

lou reed has certainly written darker stuff than these good time boys that suddenly claimed to be magnetically attracted to death on their last album to try feign being metal again.. maybe that's why they looked him up? would work with just about anyone these days. the killers don't actually kill, lou..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

That sample is like bad, only worse.

Advertisement