Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's times like this when an illegal download doesn't sound like a bad idea ;)

larsnapster.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    larsnapster.jpg

OH YES I FCUKIN DO!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's times like this when an illegal download doesn't sound like a bad idea ;)

Maybe Metallica made this album to kill Piracy....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

• Advertisement

That's one of the best parodies i've ever heard. Class.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

You may call me an old fool, or a wanker, but you're the fool who bought this ****

You know there are a lot of fans I can imagine will be saying that to themselves come Halloween, and despite their own objections to the record now, they will still buy it. Some of us will need to get it to complete our ongoing collection of attempting to buy everything Metallica has committed to tape....but for the rest, there is some hope....

When St Anger came out there was a particularly good quote in a review that I read which said, something along the lines of "if Metallica **** on a record and released the steaming turd as a release it would still sell a million copies, so St Anger's achievements are by no means to be congratulated" and I reckon that's what's about to happen with this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I think it sounds great, pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Jesus....Lou Reed is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Seriously?

Same here... I don't think it's actually that bad.

More like a really metal lou reed album than a metallica album though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I really hope you meant to put this, :p, at the end of that post! It sounds absolutely rubbish to these ears. Boring, uninspired guitar work and how Lou Reed was allowed near recording equipment at all is beyond me, he sounds like a drunk trying to sing in a pub at closing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

It has leaked, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

only way this album would be listenable would be to remove the vocals and pretend the songs are instrumentals.. Wtf were they thinking. I'm only halfway through it, but so far 'Pumping Blood' is the only song i had any interest in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Full stream of the entire album is now available:

http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Full stream of the entire album is now available:

http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php

holy ****....i'm not at all disappointed...

Really like Brandenburg gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Having listened to most of it, all I can say is I wish Lou Reed would shut up and let Hetfield take the lead on the songs instead, some of the lyrics cry out for menace that Reed can't provide.

Having The View sandwiched between Brandenburg Gate and Pumping Blood only shows how bad a song it actually is, and having it in context doesn't make it any better

Having listened to most of it, all I can say is I wish Lou Reed would shut up and let Hetfield take the lead on the songs instead, some of the lyrics cry out for menace that Reed can't provide.

Having The View sandwiched between Brandenburg Gate and Pumping Blood only shows how bad a song it actually is, and having it in context doesn't make it any better
    Why would he shut up on his own album?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I listened to the whole lot and it's woeful stuff.

The last 11 minutes of the last song? Wtf? Were they that desperate to have a 19 minute song?

At least I'll never have to listen to it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If the names Reed and Metallica were not involved, then I doubt an album of this "quality" would see the light of day, let alone get so much mainstream exposure.

At least they had the decency to stream it so that people could avoid buying it if they did not like it.

Kess73 wrote: »
    If the names Reed and Metallica were not involved, then I doubt an album of this "quality" would see the light of day, let alone get so much mainstream exposure.

At least they had the decency to stream it so that people could avoid buying it if they did not like it.
    it's brilliant though?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I doubt I'll listen to this album again but it does give me a bit of hope for the next Metallica album. There are some monster riffs in there, the music is fairly well produced and Hetfield's voice sounds fantastic!

it's brilliant though?

You asking if it is brilliant, or saying that in your opinion it is brilliant?

If the former, then no I don't think it is even good let alone brilliant imho, and if the latter then fair enough as one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Kess73 wrote: »
    You asking if it is brilliant, or saying that in your opinion it is brilliant?

If the former, then no I don't think it is even good let alone brilliant imho, and if the latter then fair enough as one man's trash is another man's treasure.

There are points where it there is the possibility of brilliance....but then Reed opens this mouth. I know its his album, but I think I would prefer to hear Hetfield singing them, not because I'm a fan but because I think the lyrics are (for the most part) good and deserve better than a 69 year old man saying "I am a woman who likes men" and fantasising about being beaten

There are points where it there is the possibility of brilliance....but then Reed opens this mouth. I know its his album, but I think I would prefer to hear Hetfield singing them, not because I'm a fan but because I think the lyrics are (for the most part) good and deserve better than a 69 year old man saying "I am a woman who likes men" and fantasising about being beaten
    lulu is a woman

lulu is a woman

I know, I have seen the plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

This is truly dreadful..how did Metallica think Lou Reed jabbering on over there music was any good

• Advertisement

That got me thinking abiout how a female vocalist would have added so much to the sound. Say someone like PJ Harvey.

Advertisement