Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »
    With all this talk about Escape i think i'm gonna head down to Paddy Powers and put money on them busting it out at one of the 4 Fillmore shows. It'd be just be the sort of thing they'd do.

Do you reckon they'd take a bet on that? Good odds?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Apparently they are playing in Paris on the 12th of May, due to be announced this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Apparently they are playing in Paris on the 12th of May, due to be announced this week.

Just Metallica or the Big 4???

• Advertisement

Google translate? :P Thats what I did.

On the Facebook link it says special guests I think. But that tagline is standard for all big concerts I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wonder are they going to continue the Big 4 thing. They're hardly going to do it every tour from now on are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I wonder are they going to continue the Big 4 thing. They're hardly going to do it every tour from now on are they?

I doubt it'll be the Big 4. They've done 2 runs through Europe with it so i'd say they'll leave it be. The only other place i could see them doing another Big 4 run would be through South America and another couple of dates in North America.

This looks very good for an Irish Metallica date

I don't think I can bring myself to attend all three days of Download next year, I mean Metallica and Sabbath are obviously fine, and we're likely to get an array that includes Five Finger Death Punch, Sepultura (because they never stop touring) and a couple of other bands with recent releases...

Having said that, the fact the Prodigy are playing Download has REALLY REALLY ruined it for me - mainly due to the kind of fans it will attract and also because I hate that band

I'd say if they do play, it will be near Download. And the support bill will include Machine Head and Trivium. Those 2 bands always hit Ireland on their tours, and both look really likely for Download (They are supporting Sabbath at other festivals)

Maybe I am just getting my hopes up for something similar to the 2009 Marlay gig. But this is just a prediction, I am not confident enough to go down to Paddy Power with it though :P

• Advertisement

I'd say if they do play, it will be near Download. And the support bill will include Machine Head and Trivium. Those 2 bands always hit Ireland on their tours, and both look really likely for Download (They are supporting Sabbath at other festivals)

Maybe I am just getting my hopes up for something similar to the 2009 Marlay gig. But this is just a prediction, I am not confident enough to go down to Paddy Power with it though :P

Wasn't at that one myself. Was at the previous one with Tenacious f***ing D. :mad:

Wasn't at that one myself. Was at the previous one with Tenacious f***ing D. :mad:
    Hey Tenacious D were awesome that day, and Hetfield coming out during Killing Time for Sweet Savage

Hey Tenacious D were awesome that day, and Hetfield coming out during Killing Time for Sweet Savage

Only caught half of their set - thank God. Maybe it's just me and me old age, but I don't find them entertaining or funny....:confused:? And I missed Sweet Savage, as I was still on the M5O trying to get there......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Having said that, the fact the Prodigy are playing Download has REALLY REALLY ruined it for me - mainly due to the kind of fans it will attract and also because I hate that band
    Off-topic i know but...

The Prodigy has played Download Festival before in 2006 and 2009, both times headlining the 2nd stage. One of the best bands I've seen live and would be up there with Metallica to get me over there to the festival. I'd say it would be great to see them Headlining the Main Stage as they were great for getting the crowd going when they sub headlined the main stage at Rock Am Ring in 2009!

Hope Metallica come over for a gig in the O2, was great seeing them in the Odyssey!

Beekay wrote: »
    Off-topic i know but...

The Prodigy has played Download Festival before in 2006 and 2009, both times headlining the 2nd stage. One of the best bands I've seen live and would be up there with Metallica to get me over there to the festival. I'd say it would be great to see them Headlining the Main Stage as they were great for getting the crowd going when they sub headlined the main stage at Rock Am Ring in 2009!

Hope Metallica come over for a gig in the O", was great seeing them in the Odyssey!

They were meant to play the 02 in 09, but their "in the round" set up couldn't be accommodated, which is why they plumped for Marlay instead.

I heard Croke Park 2012. To celebrate the 9 year anniversary of St. Anger they're going to play the whole album front to back especially for the Irish.:pac::pac:

I heard Croke Park 2012. To celebrate the 9 year anniversary of St. Anger they're going to play the whole album front to back especially for the Irish.:pac::pac:
    Followed by Lulu in its entirety, with a stage show performed by interpretive dancers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Followed by Lulu in its entirety, with a stage show performed by interpretive dancers :D

Lol, that could either be the worst concert Metallica ever did or the best riot Ireland ever had.

Beekay wrote: »
    The Prodigy has played Download Festival before in 2006 and 2009, both times headlining the 2nd stage. One of the best bands I've seen live and would be up there with Metallica to get me over there to the festival.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion

But I would rather crawl through broken glass then listen to one of their songs. I cannot physically hate a band, and their presence, more than I hate The Prodigy

Especially when I fully believe, among many other things, that it should have been David Lee Roth fronting Van Halen at Download....I don't know how they couldn't have made that happen. Hopefully Sonisphere can correct that mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

But I would rather crawl through broken glass then listen to one of their songs. I cannot physically hate a band, and their presence, more than I hate The Prodigy

Slight dislike then? :D:D

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Lol, that could either be the worst concert Metallica ever did or the best riot Ireland ever had.

Both. I'd rather eat me own poo than listen to those albums in their entirety - especially in a live environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Both. I'd rather eat me own poo than listen to those albums in their entirety - especially in a live environment.

Now there's an idea for a challenge. Anyone willing to listen to St. Anger and Lulu back to back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Now there's an idea for a challenge. Anyone willing to listen to St. Anger and Lulu back to back?

Can I choose the order I listen to the tracks in....so I can front load the pain!

Can I choose the order I listen to the tracks in....so I can front load the pain!

No. It won't make a difference.

No. It won't make a difference.

I always believe that there was only ever the one good song to come from St Anger...no no, honestly...but I do think that when James was writing this he just gave up in the middle of it and started mumbling to himself.

Probably figured as long as it sounded like him most people would be alright with it....you'll notice this is one video that Metallica don't host on their YouTube page....

They've added Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park as well as a date in Austria to the schedule.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20111124-news.asp

They've added Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park as well as a date in Austria to the schedule.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20111124-news.asp

I hope to **** that they don't play Marlay if they're coming back here.......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I always believe that there was only ever the one good song to come from St Anger...no no, honestly...but I do think that when James was writing this he just gave up in the middle of it and started mumbling to himself.

Probably figured as long as it sounded like him most people would be alright with it....you'll notice this is one video that Metallica don't host on their YouTube page....

I think that song sounds quite good, the drums and de-tuned guitars give it a grim industrial quality. Is it this song or another off Saint Anger which they infamously got bored of playing mid way through during a show and just launched into one of their classics?

The only way i can listen to any St. Anger material is listening/watching the live rehearsal footage filmed for the album as an extra. The Snare isn't as bad as the recorded version and makes it a little easier on the ear. In saying that i can still only ever listen to no more than a couple of tracks back to back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,830 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I hope to **** that they don't play Marlay if they're coming back here.......?

I think Marlay Park could be only doing those gigs in the tent instead of the big productions.

my money would be on the RDS but could be Punchestown, Fairyhouse or possibly Malahide Castle. The o2 would be ruled out me thinks because its seems to be all outdoor gigs

Advertisement