Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think Marlay Park could be only doing those gigs in the tent instead of the big productions.

my money would be on the RDS but could be Punchestown, Fairyhouse or possibly Malahide Castle. The o2 would be ruled out me thinks because its seems to be all outdoor gigs

Lets hope it'll be the first one then!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hoping for Malahide Castle, 2 mins from my gaff and a great venue. Dart right across the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hoping for Malahide Castle, 2 mins from my gaff and a great venue. Dart right across the road

i agree for all the same reasons!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the intro this new Rihanna song sound like what I think it sounds like...I hope she's gonna credit them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lord lucan wrote: »
    The only way i can listen to any St. Anger material is listening/watching the live rehearsal footage filmed for the album as an extra. The Snare isn't as bad as the recorded version and makes it a little easier on the ear. In saying that i can still only ever listen to no more than a couple of tracks back to back.

I must convert it to Mp3 and give it a listen. Unfortunately the 'kill kill kill' bits are still going to be there on the last song aren't they? No amount of live setting is going to make that listenable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the intro this new Rihanna song sound like what I think it sounds like...I hope she's gonna credit them....

I think the real question here is, why the hell are you listening to this shizz :P

I think the real question here is, why the hell are you listening to this shizz :P

It was an accident, I swear...

And he featured an X factor video in the Freddie Mercury thread. My faith in young Crue is dropping.:pac:

lord lucan wrote: »
    And he featured an X factor video in the Freddie Mercury thread. My faith in young Crue is dropping.:pac:

Ah no, hold on, that wasn't a bad tribute in fairness....I have plenty of belief

Tomorrow night I'm going to interview some more rock stars, to prove my worth. And on Monday I'm interviewing Michael Monroe. Monroe is not a Rock Star. He's a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oooo Rock im Park eh...tempting. Anyone know if its likely theyll do Pinkpop?

Sorry Crue, Monroe annoyed me when saw him. Specially with Lizzy.

Mushy wrote: »
    Anyone know if its likely theyll do Pinkpop?

These guys think it's looking likely:http://www.pinkpopcentral.nl/blog/pinkpop-in-onderhandeling-met-metallica/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So any news filtering out of Met HQ about the San Fran gigs next week?

scudzilla wrote: »
    So any news filtering out of Met HQ about the San Fran gigs next week?
    They are taking entries for fans to play songs on stage with the band during one of the shows. They are also doing tours of HQ and having a BBQ one day in HQ.

They are taking entries for fans to play songs on stage with the band during one of the shows. They are also doing tours of HQ and having a BBQ one day in HQ.

Let's hope James doesn't burn the Burgers

Let's hope James doesn't burn the Burgers

Or himself!!!!

More Summer dates added in Norway and Denmark.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20111130-133531.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

is there more summer dates to come? really wanna surprise the missus with a trip away for a concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

finally bit the bullet and bought myself a Download ticket! delighted I get to see the black album show! and what a place to see it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

was never gone on the black album. seems to be overproduced, but songs like through the never, off wolf and man, god that failed, unforgiven, nothing else matters are classics to me. The rest of the album is meh to me, even Enter Sandman, at this stage to me, has become a victim of being overplayed to hell......

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    was never gone on the black album. seems to be overproduced, but songs like through the never, off wolf and man, god that failed, unforgiven, nothing else matters are classics to me.

Funny enough I was listening to the Demo's from the album yesterday, there isn't a great deal of difference compared to the final version (well, the addition of lyrics and better production lol), but I've always preferred the minimalist structure of the Nothing Else Matters demo. I'm still convinced they've changed the way that song is played when they changed their tuning post 94

That's an interesting question actually, are they going to play the Black album in it's original tuning? Given the massive changes to their sound that they made post 94

This is a good indication that Jason is going to be in San Francisco over the next few days to perform with Metallica, he played a concert last night with one of his previous bands, a sort of surprise gig

It's a good indication that we should see him in San Fran with Metallica in the next few days, this is probably him getting warmed up again, not least of all because one of his band mates in this band used to be Lars drumming Assistant so they probably wanted to get him back in the mood for being out in front of a large crowd

Many people from this forum gone over for any of the anniversary shows?

Many people from this forum gone over for any of the anniversary shows?

I saw them do MOP in Dublin in 06. Haven't gone to the USA for any shows......too bloody expensive.

I saw them do MOP in Dublin in 06. Haven't gone to the USA for any shows......too bloody expensive.
    Sorry I meant the 30th anniversary shows this week, my bad with the phrasing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,830 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feeling a Dublin annocement this week.

RDS or The o2 hopefully.

They come every 2 or 3 years

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Feeling a Dublin annocement this week.

RDS or The o2 hopefully.

They come every 2 or 3 years

I seriously doubt we will see them indoors here again.....? They were meant to do a gig in the 02 either before or after the Belfast one, but they dropped it cos there were disagreements over the stage setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I seriously doubt we will see them indoors here again.....? They were meant to do a gig in the 02 either before or after the Belfast one, but they dropped it cos there were disagreements over the stage setup.

Oh I highly doubt they will play indoors here again ,
    Found this today also link , casts more than a little doubt over celebrating the "20th (ish)" Anniversary of the Black Album too as nothing more than a cynical exercise in cash taking seeing as 2013 (supporting new album) was supposed to be the next European tour not 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Oh I highly doubt they will play indoors here again ,
    Found this today also link , casts more than a little doubt over celebrating the "20th (ish)" Anniversary of the Black Album too as nothing more than a cynical exercise in cash taking seeing as 2013 (supporting new album) was supposed to be the next European tour not 2012

'Metallica' and 'cynical exercise in cash taking' in the same sentence. Well I never thought I'd see the day

• Advertisement

That's an interesting question actually, are they going to play the Black album in it's original tuning? Given the massive changes to their sound that they made post 94

No chance they'll change their tuning. They changed it after Hetfield blew his voice out and have played half a step down ever since.

Advertisement