Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Oh I highly doubt they will play indoors here again ,
    Found this today also link , casts more than a little doubt over celebrating the "20th (ish)" Anniversary of the Black Album too as nothing more than a cynical exercise in cash taking seeing as 2013 (supporting new album) was supposed to be the next European tour not 2012

Not too much of a surprise. At the end of the day there's also loads of other people who make money off the bands back,management and accountants being two. Whilst it's nice to think that our favourite bands/artists want to just go and rock out and entertain us,there's a whole army of accountants and management behind most bands who are looking at stuff like this. The biggest surprise here is how forthright Burnstein is about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hate Train (unreleased song from Death Magnetic) played tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Hate Train (unreleased song from Death Magnetic) played tonight

FYI this song was also known as Game, which is where you'll find it on YouTube, not a bad little number (obviously would sound more fluid live) but I can see why they left it off the album compared to what else they had

Very Ride The Lightning esque

That gig's still going (well the twitter feed is anyway). Plenty of guests. Set list so far

Ktulu
    No remorse
    Shortest straw
    Lepper messiah
    The day that never comes
    Carpe diem baby
    Hate train
    Please don't judas me
    Roam (with fan)
    Sad but true (with John Marshall)
    No leaf clover, one (with apocalyptca)
    Harvester of sorrow, damage inc (with jason)
    Motorcycle man (with bif from Saxon)
    Diamond head up next ......

Late night in SF then

They also played Carpe Diem for the first time

• Advertisement

Jesus, what a setlist, and Jason back....good to see, cannot wait for some footage of this....PLEASE LET THEM RELEASE THIS ON DVD!

That gig's still going (well the twitter feed is anyway). Plenty of guests. Set list so far

Ktulu
    No remorse
    Shortest straw
    Lepper messiah
    The day that never comes
    Carpe diem baby
    Hate train
    Please don't judas me
    Roam (with fan)
    Sad but true (with John Marshall)
    No leaf clover, one (with apocalyptca)
    Harvester of sorrow, damage inc (with jason)
    Motorcycle man (with bif from Saxon)
    Diamond head up next ......

Late night in SF then

Set finished with diamond head on stage for

The prince
    It's electric
    Helpless
    Am I evil?

And everyone on stage for s&d

One night down, I wonder what's in store for the rest of the gigs.

Part One of a pretty solid fan Documentary created to celebrate the band's 30 years, a lot of the footage is from other specials etc, but worth watching

met301.jpg

Jason on stage with Metallica last night (or earlier this morning lol)

This is a Demo version btw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Not sure if I'm digging it. Can see why they left it off Death Magnetic anyway. It's a bit all over the place in terms of riffs. Not a dreadful tune but not on par with the stuff on DM.

It's got a good groove to it,very Fuel-esque. Don't think it would've fitted DM and can see why it was left off.

With a bit of luck we may get Shine this week too. After Lulu it's great to hear some 'new' tunes without a geriatric talking over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I am LOVING Hate Train!

Been playing the bejaysus out of this track all afternoon. It's getting better with every listen. Some great riffs in it,just seems they went a bit wayward with the songs construction,maybe why they put it on the possibly list for DM.

The tune has artwork btw,the 4 M's and the title "Beyond Magnetic". I suspect this won't be the only tune left over from DM we hear. The cynic in me suggests they've pushed this out both as part of their 30th celebrations and to get people talking about Metallica again and not Lulu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

MetClub members get a free download of the track!

Got mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

It rocks! More DM demos please!

Just wondering, were cameras/phones allowed at the gig last night as I would have expected loads of videos to have been uploaded by now? I can't find a thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I know Hetfield got pissed off at the phones and cameras at the Death Magnetic launch in London. Probably the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

MetClub members get a free download of the track!

Got mine :)

As did I, sounds like a rough mix but a nice little bonus to receive.

Man I'm sickened I couldn't get tickets to this, so many of my friends are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Any rumours on a Dublin date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

We're a US export the same way Coca-Cola is. We look for the best markets

With those two sentences, Burnstein has pretty much summed up what Metallica are now.

Kess73 wrote: »
    With those two sentences, Burnstein has pretty much summed up what Metallica are now.

And you're surprised:confused:? They're all in it for the money - that's what it is - a money-making business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And you're surprised:confused:? They're all in it for the money - that's what it is - a money-making business.

Some bands are far more money orientated than others though. For me Metallica have been dollar over musical quality for a hell of a long time now. They are just lucky that they are at a point for the last decade and a half or so where they can sell huge volumes thanks to their name and not have to rely on the quality of their music for sales.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Some bands are far more money orientated than others though. For me Metallica have been dollar over musical quality for a hell of a long time now. They are just lucky that they are at a point for the last decade and a half or so where they can sell huge volumes thanks to their name and not have to rely on the quality of their music for sales.

True. Good point.

Not a fan of this song tbh but had to post it as James is saying what everyone else is thinking,Who gave Lars a mic?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

"coming up what connects metallica to the eurocrisis?" Sky News.

cringe. lumme tell yuz if slayer were mentioned in the same vein, from the same source I would very quickly disassociate.

Fcuk me! To live is to die!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

lord lucan wrote: »
    Fcuk me! To live is to die!

Nice....and another new one...Just a Bullet Away (for those who remember its Holy Revolver)

Advertisement