Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lord lucan wrote: »
    Fcuk me! To live is to die!

Nice....and another new one...Just a Bullet Away (for those who remember its Holy Revolver)

I wonder are we gonna get the demo of this one as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I wonder are we gonna get the demo of this one as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1mRQXRsQao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bugger. Must check these new ones out later.

Anyone know anyone who's at these gigs? Just wondering are there cameras there recording it for future release? It wouldn't be like Metallica to miss an opportunity of making a few quid

Anyone know anyone who's at these gigs? Just wondering are there cameras there recording it for future release? It wouldn't be like Metallica to miss an opportunity of making a few quid

Jason Newsted was....afaik

• Advertisement

Jason Newsted was....afaik

Anyone know anyone in the audience then?

Anyone know anyone in the audience then?

People :o

EDIT: Re "Just A Bullet Away". Was this originally called "Shine"??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

People :o

EDIT: Re "Just A Bullet Away". Was this originally called "Shine"??

Yep Shine and Holy Revolver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Looks like I was right, we're gonna get an EP of new material

Looks like I was right, we're gonna get an EP of new material

Linky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Any rumours on a Dublin date?

Looking extremely doubtful now.

IF we were gonna have a show it would have been a day or 2 before or after the Donington Gig, they've announced a show in Austria the day after Donington so that's out, and 3 days before are in Denmark, so presuming Lars will use that as a small vacation in his home country. If they came the day before Donington that'd mean 3 consecutive nights and the size of there production would mean that being a logistical nightmare.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Looking extremely doubtful now.

IF we were gonna have a show it would have been a day or 2 before or after the Donington Gig, they've announced a show in Austria the day after Donington so that's out, and 3 days before are in Denmark, so presuming Lars will use that as a small vacation in his home country. If they came the day before Donington that'd mean 3 consecutive nights and the size of there production would mean that being a logistical nightmare.

Maybe they have a couple of stages on the go? Are there any other gigs on in the RDS around that time? Maybe that stage will be used instead?

Maybe they have a couple of stages on the go? Are there any other gigs on in the RDS around that time? Maybe that stage will be used instead?

Nah, i'm resined to the fact they ain't comin, gonna do a mainland Euro show i think, will see what else they add

Nah, i'm resined to the fact they ain't comin, gonna do a mainland Euro show i think, will see what else they add

They didn't play Dublin last time?? Will have to do it this time. I reckon they'll play here the day before Donington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

That ain't too bad at all. Looking forward to this. Pity they aren't playing Dublin, haven't seen them in years.

Fago! wrote: »
    That ain't too bad at all. Looking forward to this. Pity they aren't playing Dublin, haven't seen them in years.

I think they will do a Dublin date this time around......? Right before the Donington appearance, methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Crue will have a horn on him watching this(around the 0:50 mark on)!:pac:

A beep-beep one, or a sex one?? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ya know what, I could almost forgive them for Lulu with this new stuff.

Almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

feylya wrote: »
    Ya know what, I could almost forgive them for Lulu with this new stuff.

Almost.

Lulu? What was that?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Lulu? What was that?:pac:

Ulrich's nickname, backwards :pac:

Awww, look at ickle Ulul!

They didn't play Dublin last time?? Will have to do it this time. I reckon they'll play here the day before Donington.

Like i said earlier, it ain't gonna happen, Metallica very very rarely play 3 consecutive nights anymore, unless it's the same venue, if they played the night before Donington it's mean Dublin, Donington, Austria on 3 nights.

Lars will stay in Denmark for the Danish show and probably fly into Donington on the day of the gig

Ok, i came

I fcukin love Jason, was my fav member of the band while he was in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

On first listen to Just a bullet away, I gotta say that I like hate train more. Was there another "shine" song? One were james sings along with the clean guitars. Something like "let this dark shine"?

A beep-beep one, or a sex one?? :D

Oh. My. God.

Yes, that takes me back alright....that footage....its like Mexico 93/4 all over again, that's the band I want back....

Linky?

They've released 2 songs from 2 gigs, I had just made a comment on the MetClub that it was my belief we would get a new song every night of a gig...and that those songs would then be released to the fan club, thus an EP or Extended Single is born....:D

The more I think about this the more I think we won't get a gig next year. They probably read the papers and watch the news and have heard ireland's broke and we have no money etc. and as maximising profit is now the primary reason for touring, they'll probably give us a miss.

The more I think about this the more I think we won't get a gig next year. They probably read the papers and watch the news and have heard ireland's broke and we have no money etc. and as maximising profit is now the primary reason for touring, they'll probably give us a miss.

Such poor Journalism. The Telegraph saw this article in the Wall Street Journal, added the fact that Peter has a wife whose a Conservative MP, and then just quoted the article in reference to Metallica with a new photograph.

I can't believe "Matthew" actually got a bi-line as a result of this story, really really shoddy....the Telegraph should know better than that....I can't believe they're so desperate for website hits, could they not have come up with a new angle on the bloody thing....rule 101 for Journalists....

Like i said earlier, it ain't gonna happen, Metallica very very rarely play 3 consecutive nights anymore, unless it's the same venue, if they played the night before Donington it's mean Dublin, Donington, Austria on 3 nights.

Lars will stay in Denmark for the Danish show and probably fly into Donington on the day of the gig

Still think they'll tag a show on in Ireland somewhere on that list......?

EDIT: http://www.metallica.com/news/20111208-319317.asp

They've just announced a gig in Belgium. I'm gonna keep my hopes up for an Irish date.

• Advertisement

They've just announced a gig in Belgium. I'm gonna keep my hopes up for an Irish date.

Might be an excuse to visit Belgium again

Advertisement