Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Might be an excuse to visit Belgium again

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Might be an excuse to visit Belgium again

Possibility of a Metclub presale for that gig too. €110 quid for a pit ticket is a bit much though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Possibility of a Metclub presale for that gig too. €110 quid for a pit ticket is a bit much though.

True enough, considering an entire weekend at Grasspop is 150Euro

I have to wonder how much an Irish date would cost, probably much the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hell and back is tonight's new tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Advertisement

Anyone know anyone who's at these gigs? Just wondering are there cameras there recording it for future release? It wouldn't be like Metallica to miss an opportunity of making a few quid

385906_2257553200137_1287573077_31868016_159749236_n.jpg

lord lucan wrote: »
    385906_2257553200137_1287573077_31868016_159749236_n.jpg

Thanks for that. So it looks like we'll be getting these concerts on DVD. Something to look forward to!

They're removing these from Youtube now. Took a bit if searching to find this one. My least favourite of the three so far. Probably one more newbie tomorrow.

I see Mustaine tweeted that he's in San Fransisco to help celebrate Metallica's 30th. I'd love to see him and Ron McGovney take the stage with Ulrich & Hetfield a perform a couple of KEA tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I see Mustaine tweeted that he's in San Fransisco to help celebrate Metallica's 30th. I'd love to see him and Ron McGovney take the stage with Ulrich & Hetfield a perform a couple of KEA tracks.

+1, be nice to see McGovney.

• Advertisement

It's called Rebel of Babylon

According to the tour diary the concerts will be available for download in a few days. I might wait for the DVD though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Riddle101 wrote: »
    +1, be nice to see McGovney.

Looks like they both played! Really hope they film the 4 shows. Would be a whopper of a boxset.

Don't know what to think of that last song. Loved the first two but the last two just miss the mark.

metallica_mustaine04.jpg

metfinal12.jpg

According to the tour diary the concerts will be available for download in a few days. I might wait for the DVD though.

Downloadable in what respect?

Downloadable in what respect?

LiveMetallica MP3 downloads for purchase.

LiveMetallica MP3 downloads for purchase.

It'd be nice if they did a bundle deal or something. The shows are normally $10 each so it'd be nice if they gave you all 4 for $20 or something.

It'd be a nice set to have. Apart from S&D, they didn't play a song twice over the 4 nights.

It'd be a nice set to have. Apart from S&D, they didn't play a song twice over the 4 nights.

That would be a really nice idea and their choice of setlist is extremely commendable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

I was lucky enough to attend the 3rd show, there are still no words for how amazing it was! It was an almost 7hour long event from when the doors opened to when Metallica left the stage. They had the museum (cliff's bass, artwork, drums from the Justice tour, James' guitar when he got burned), game shows, support bands, story telling, and of course Metallica themselves performing. The intimate and small venue made it so much better than I'm used to at Metallica shows with 10,000+ other people!
    livemetallica.com said they are working on the mixes for all nights, and they will be available soon! :) There were cameras everywhere too, so hopefully a video release won't be too far behind either!
    It was all nicely topped off by getting to meet Jason and Kirk afterwards in the bar upstairs!!
    Given the setlist variation (no song repeated other than seek and destroy) and the amazing special guests every night, it would be worth buying all the downloads! (A worthy christmas present for any fan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2R6HMwhvj8
    Mustaine and Metallica!
    Apologies if posted already.... an old skool fan, my bro just sent this to me first thing this morning... mad. Haven't had a chance to even look at it fully yet just thought some you Rock and Metal forum regulars might likey. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Chuchu wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2R6HMwhvj8
    Mustaine and Metallica!
    Apologies if posted already.... an old skool fan, my bro just sent this to me first thing this morning... mad. Haven't had a chance to even look at it fully yet just thought some you Rock and Metal forum regulars might likey. :)

Just wanted to embed that one:

Still nothin' announced for Dublin.

They probably won't come here with the Euro being f***ed.......?:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I kinda hope they don't. If they do, it'll be the same weekend as Download and I'll miss them :P

That and I doubt most people can afford 110Euro for a non festival ticket with no chance of a huge support

If that's the price in Belgium then that's the price here, I figure the Irish promoters were approached but refused on the basis they didn't think Irish fans were going to pay that kind of price

That and I doubt most people can afford 110Euro for a non festival ticket with no chance of a huge support

If that's the price in Belgium then that's the price here, I figure the Irish promoters were approached but refused on the basis they didn't think Irish fans were going to pay that kind of price

110 euro for a Metallica gig here??? Not a chance.

30th Anniversary gig photos: http://www.metallica.com/news/thirty-years-packed-into-6-days.asp.
    Check out the shot with Hugh Tanner - one of Hetfield's childhood mates. And also check out Lloyd Grant - who is responsible for the riff in "Hit The Lights".

feylya wrote: »
    I kinda hope they don't. If they do, it'll be the same weekend as Download and I'll miss them :P

I was thinking of them doing a Download in Ireland like they did in 2006, when both GnR and Metallica played on the same weekend.

110 euro for a Metallica gig here??? Not a chance.

That's the price in Belgium, no reason to think they won't try the same thing here, maybe that's the reason there's no gig planned

Last time they played continental Europe, at non festival gigs, the going rate was around 75/80 Euro.....same as here....
    I was thinking of them doing a Download in Ireland like they did in 2006, when both GnR and Metallica played on the same weekend.

I would welcome this, especially if the other act was Black Sabbath, and they both attracted a few decent supports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

The €110 tickets are for the front pit. Anyone picking them up in the presale today? I'm torn whether to go to this or save my money for Pearl Jam presale tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The €110 tickets are for the front pit. Anyone picking them up in the presale today? I'm torn whether to go to this or save my money for Pearl Jam presale tomorrow.
    Im holding off on tickets in the slim hopes of an Irish date. Otherwise ill get some tickets in a few months for one of the summer dates, either Belguim or Download. The other half will kill me if I get Metallica concert tickets before we have the sun holiday booked :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

For those of ya on FaceBook, i'm friends wit Ron Mcgovney, and it's actually him, he posts and interacts quite a bit and some of his photo's are just fcukin awesome.
    Ya can actually look at his pics without being his friend on FB, although ya do need a FB account to do this

Here's his page http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1416722296

Advertisement