Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    For those of ya on FaceBook, i'm friends wit Ron Mcgovney, and it's actually him, he posts and interacts quite a bit and some of his photo's are just fcukin awesome.
    Ya can actually look at his pics without being his friend on FB, although ya do need a FB account to do this

Here's his page http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1416722296

Me too. And I'm friends with James, Kirk, Rob, and Jason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

wow just wow :rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow just wow :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You increased your post count by one just for that comment. Congratulations. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(See I can do the rolleyes too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Not Lars I see. Is he too cool for Facebook?

You increased your post count by one just for that comment. Congratulations. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(See I can do the rolleyes too!)

any other rock storys for us kid :p

• Advertisement

Am not a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Malice wrote: »
    Not Lars I see. Is he too cool for Facebook?

No theres only enough room on facebook for one massive ego and Zuckerberg has taken that!

No theres only enough room on facebook for one massive ego and Zuckerberg has taken that!

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    For those of ya on FaceBook, i'm friends wit Ron Mcgovney, and it's actually him, he posts and interacts quite a bit and some of his photo's are just fcukin awesome.

Yeah I loved his post the other day which went something along the line of "Rock star weekend over, back to work in an hour and a half!"

I have to feel sorry for him, I've such respect for him in that he's able to accept his lot in life, it would be so easy to become so bitter and disappointed that he was so close to something immense - he's never even not a writing credit out of it - so I doubt he's received a penny outside maybe some interviews and what not years ago. He seems so at peace with his lot.

Just such a shame he sold his bass a few years ago

What does he do for a living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Yeah I loved his post the other day which went something along the line of "Rock star weekend over, back to work in an hour and a half!"

I have to feel sorry for him, I've such respect for him in that he's able to accept his lot in life, it would be so easy to become so bitter and disappointed that he was so close to something immense - he's never even not a writing credit out of it - so I doubt he's received a penny outside maybe some interviews and what not years ago. He seems so at peace with his lot.

According to Wiki he's a high-school teacher! How awesome would that be to have your teacher hungover because he played with METALLICA last night?! :D

• Advertisement

According to Wiki he's a high-school teacher! How awesome would that be to have your teacher hungover because he played with METALLICA last night?! :D

That would be the coolest thing ever

You can imagine he is BUGGED TO DEATH by his pupils and just has signs like "No Talking Metallica" written in the classroom

Fantastic:D

That would be the coolest thing ever

You can imagine he is BUGGED TO DEATH by his pupils and just has signs like "No Talking Metallica" written in the classroom

Fantastic:D

Yeah, or something like "Who the f**k are Metallica"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ron actually bank rolled metallica while he was in the band. He was the only one with a job! As of a few years ago he hadn't been repaid as far as i know!! The caffia brothers in the Misfits said the samething about danzig, he took all credit and rights yet they paid for everything!

Ron actually bank rolled metallica while he was in the band. He was the only one with a job! As of a few years ago he hadn't been repaid as far as i know!!

Seems wrong, considering he had to sell his own stuff, and it's like they didn't make money out of the whole "Metallica Inc" enterprise?

Strange that

As an old metallica fan from the 80s it was great to see dave ,ron and jason there -i dont think they have been the same since justice and i agree with jasons opinion of them these days but if ye kids like them fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

As an old metallica fan from the 80s it was great to see dave ,ron and jason there -i dont think they have been the same since justice and i agree with jasons opinion of them these days but if ye kids like them fair enough

Haven't been called a kid in a long time!:pac:

Nice little interview with Mustaine referencing last weeks show:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167222

Anyone got the link for the Beyond Magnetic ep??

PM it to me pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone got the link for the Beyond Magnetic ep??

PM it to me pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :D

The link? I presume you mean a torrent or something as its on iTunes

The link? I presume you mean a torrent or something as its on iTunes

Anything??? I ain't gonna buy it off iTunes.

Another show in Lisbon announced. Still more announcements to be made in the new year.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20111220-467572.asp

• Advertisement

Anything??? I ain't gonna buy it off iTunes.

That's illegal downloading mate, I'm pretty sure that's against the policy of the forums, and since I paid for those tracks then there's no reason you shouldn't IMO...I don't understand why you think you deserve to get them for free?

I'm just being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

That's illegal downloading mate, I'm pretty sure that's against the policy of the forums, and since I paid for those tracks then there's no reason you shouldn't IMO...I don't understand why you think you deserve to get them for free?

I'm just being honest

Try before you buy is the best policy IMO
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,830 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lord lucan wrote: »
    Another show in Lisbon announced. Still more announcements to be made in the new year.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20111220-467572.asp

Looks like an Irish Date may happen. Hope its in a simple Venue not Fairyhouse/Punchestown or Malahide Castle. The RDS, Aviva Stadium or Croke Park would be good venues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looks like an Irish Date may happen. Hope its in a simple Venue not Fairyhouse/Punchestown or Malahide Castle. The RDS, Aviva Stadium or Croke Park would be good venues

:o we can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

D.Q wrote: »

:o we can dream.

Would you really want to see Metallica in a half empty stadium?

Testament1 wrote: »
    Try before you buy is the best policy IMO
    :D

That is a valid opinion, but I guess what annoyed me most was the poster's bold statement of intent that there was no way he could bring himself to legally obtain this musician's music.

Perish the thought of actually paying for this stuff, since other's had obtained it (and those who got it from the fan club paid for their membership and a lot of fan club members pay for much more besides so therefore they paid for the track) then he must have it in the same non purchased way.

what annoyed me most was the poster's bold statement of intent that there was no way he could bring himself to legally obtain this musician's music.
    He said nothing of the sort. What he wrote was:
    I ain't gonna buy it off iTunes.
    I can totally relate to that as I have a healthy disdain for all Apple-related products and services and flatly refuse to have anything to do with them. If Beyond Magnetic is only available to buy through that service then I for one will be voting with my wallet and ignoring it.

Malice wrote: »
    I can totally relate to that as I have a healthy disdain for all Apple-related products and services and flatly refuse to have anything to do with them. If Beyond Magnetic is only available to buy through that service then I for one will be voting with my wallet and ignoring it.

Personally I think it was implied that this is a little more than an Apple related dispute/distaste

But just in case, you'll be happy to know that many other sources, including Amazon will be stocking the MP3 download of the EP in an effort to make it as accessible to as many people as possible this Christmas and beyond

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyond-Magnetic/dp/B006LXAJ8I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324472323&sr=8-1

Personally I think it was implied that this is a little more than an Apple related dispute/distaste
    There aren't any thought police (yet) so you can think what you like but accusing someone of something twice without proof is a bit unfair and not on.
    But just in case, you'll be happy to know that many other sources, including Amazon will be stocking the MP3 download of the EP in an effort to make it as accessible to as many people as possible this Christmas and beyond

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyond-Magnetic/dp/B006LXAJ8I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324472323&sr=8-1
    There you go then Mental Mickey, problem solved :).

• Advertisement

Not a hope imo that they would play any large stadium,it'll be somewhere like Malahide Castle or Marley Park if it happens. They've played so much here in recent times that they'll be lucky to manage 30,000 at a gig.

Advertisement