Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    I wish people would give up on a Big 4 show this summer, it ain't gonna happen

Why not? They're all playing in Donington in June. It's just a matter of them hopping across the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Don't know if it's been posted but I heard from a friend that Metallica's setlist at the Sonisphere this year will be the entire Black Album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been posted but I heard from a friend that Metallica's setlist at DONINGTON this year will be the entire Black Album.

Fixed that for ya , and yeah, it's the Black Album in it's entirity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Why not? They're all playing in Donington in June. It's just a matter of them hopping across the water.

Cos they're not all playing in Donington, only one of them are. And come to think of it, they won't all be, cos they would definitely bill iit as the 'big 4'. Plus it wouldn't come close to selling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Mushy wrote: »
    Cos they're not all playing in Donington, only one of them are. And come to think of it, they won't all be, cos they would definitely bill iit as the 'big 4'. Plus it wouldn't come close to selling out.
    Anthrax are playing Donnington too so technically your wrong :P

• Advertisement

Anthrax are playing Donnington too so technically your wrong :P

Forgot they added. But Slayer playing London a week or so before, would they really do it? Be odd having the four of them and not on the same day.

I don't think Megadeth are around are they?

As for The Big 4, it was cool when it happened but that's it now, it's been done, they'll all be moving on, the last thing they want is to be expected to put on a Big 4 show every time they hit Europe.

The best yer gonna get i think is Jason joining them for a few songs at Donington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I don't think Megadeth are around are they?

Megadeth are playing Graspop with Anthrax, but I really hope they don't announce them for Download, because we've had the Big 4 and that's done now so let's spread the bands about and get some new acts or acts who haven't toured in a while - like TOOL

Megadeth are playing Graspop with Anthrax, but I really hope they don't announce them for Download, because we've had the Big 4 and that's done now so let's spread the bands about and get some new acts or acts who haven't toured in a while - like TOOL

Really wouldn't mind seein Megadeth again personally. Really enjoyed their Soni set last year. Rock im Park hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,836 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 more shows have been added the euro tour (Prague May 7th) and (Belgrade May 8th).

http://www.metallica.com/tour_date_list.asp?show=current

Looking at the dates there are a few gaps.
    14th May to 22nd May
    29th May to 31st May
    3rd June to 5th June
    7th/8th June (There playing Download on the 9th June)

A possible Irish date could be Friday 8th June

again at the end of the todays annocement it says
    'You know the drill... keep watching here as we should have a few more additions later this week'

I Expect an Irish announcement sometime this week hopefully :D

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2 more shows have been added the euro tour (Prague May 7th) and (Belgrade May 8th).

14th May to 22nd May
    29th May to 31st May
    3rd June to 5th June

'You know the drill... keep watching here as we should have a few more additions later this week'

I Expect an Irish annocement sometime this week hopefully :D

LOL what's an annocement??? :D

Announcement.

I was in my IT class in college when typing lol

Announcement.

I was in my IT class in college when typing lol

Naughty boy. Have you not learned anything in your IT class??:D

14th May to 22nd May
    29th May to 31st May
    3rd June to 5th June

I Expect an Irish announcement sometime this week hopefully :D

It's not gonna happen, if there was any chance at all of us having a date they would have made it the day before or day after there UK appearance, can't have it the day after as they're in Austria, day before would mean them doing 3 consecutive nights in seperate venues, which they don't do any more, haven't for years.

It won't be at the start of the tour as logistically thats daft, bringing all yer gear to central europe, then pop it off to Ireland, then back to Central Europe.

If ya wanna see them then Ryanair is your friend i'm afraid

It's not gonna happen, if there was any chance at all of us having a date they would have made it the day before or day after there UK appearance, can't have it the day after as they're in Austria, day before would mean them doing 3 consecutive nights in seperate venues, which they don't do any more, haven't for years.

It won't be at the start of the tour as logistically thats daft, bringing all yer gear to central europe, then pop it off to Ireland, then back to Central Europe.

If ya wanna see them then Ryanair is your friend i'm afraid

They could play Ireland Thursday 7th June, there playing Denmark on the 6th June and the gig before that is on 2nd June. My point been they wont be playing 3 nights in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you were going to pick holes in the post I'd have gone for the misuse of "there" ;).

Sent an email to info@metclub.com and was told in reply, that there is nothing planned for an Irish gig this time round.

Sent an email to info@metclub.com and was told in reply, that there is nothing planned for an Irish gig this time round.

So there we have it, not entirely surprising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Those money hungry föcks are hardly gonna play in a stoney broke country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ush wrote: »
    Those money hungry föcks are hardly gonna play in a stoney broke country?
    That is actually the truth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

TBH, I don't really mind! After the amount they have played here and I have seen them in the last 10 years a bit of break from Ireland will be good. Now if they booked a gig I'd still go cause I couldn't resist!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Not meaning to be smart Mickey but i doubt they'll tell if they did have something planned and ruin a potential surprise announcement.

Don't see an Irish date this time around myself. A combination of multiple visits in recent years and the current economic climate will have put an end to that i reckon. If it was an indoor arena tour we'd get a visit but the market for an outdoor show and €70+ tickets just isn't there to make it worthwhile.

Two more announcements to be added to the schedule. Just announced on their website.

Well I'll see them at Download and with GNR heading back here I doubt that there will be much room to pay Metallica for their services as well

Well I'll see them at Download and with GNR heading back here I doubt that there will be much room to pay Metallica for their services as well

LOL I think you know my feelings on this one!? :D

LOL I think you know my feelings on this one!? :D

Indeed, but I think Metallica's last two dates are Finland and Spain, they've been confirmed on Blabbermouth for both of those countries version of Sonisphere

Indeed, but I think Metallica's last two dates are Finland and Spain, they've been confirmed on Blabbermouth for both of those countries version of Sonisphere

Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Could be tempted to make a run to Madrid for the Sonisphere date. Seen them at Rock In Rio there 2 years ago and enjoyed the concert experience. Good weather,great facilities and great atmosphere all round.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Tickets bought for the France gig. €50 for standing :)

• Advertisement

I look forward to Download, I think that's the closest we were ever going to get, especially given the amount of Irish/Scottish/Welsh who buy tickets to Download and Sonisphere...your unlikely (given the current financial climate) to see them play a Summer gig outdoors in Dublin

That said, indoors in the Winter perhaps, that I'd pay to see

**** that...VICAR STREET, DECEMBER 2012....METALLICA....what I wouldn't give to read that headline...you'd have to kill me to stop me attending....

Advertisement