Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

That said, indoors in the Winter perhaps, that I'd pay to see

**** that...VICAR STREET, DECEMBER 2012....METALLICA....what I wouldn't give to read that headline...you'd have to kill me to stop me attending....

They'd want to be playing 20 nights in a row for the demand that would create!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They'd want to be playing 20 nights in a row for the demand that would create!!

LOL, all you'd see of Vicar Street after that gig, would be a pile of rubble. :D

I look forward to Download, I think that's the closest we were ever going to get, especially given the amount of Irish/Scottish/Welsh who buy tickets to Download and Sonisphere...your unlikely (given the current financial climate) to see them play a Summer gig outdoors in Dublin

That said, indoors in the Winter perhaps, that I'd pay to see

**** that...VICAR STREET, DECEMBER 2012....METALLICA....what I wouldn't give to read that headline...you'd have to kill me to stop me attending....

Well this is why they're touring this summer instead of next....??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Well this is why they're touring this summer instead of next....??

Yes, but they're only coming so far as Download, even this year

I think the next Metallica gig in Ireland will have to be indoors and in the Winter, unless the band decline to headline any UK festivals in the same year then it could be in the Summer.

Yes, but they're only coming so far as Download, even this year

I think the next Metallica gig in Ireland will have to be indoors and in the Winter, unless the band decline to headline any UK festivals in the same year then it could be in the Summer.

Last time they were here, the gig was meant to be indoors, but there were disagreements over the stage set-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Last time they were here, the gig was meant to be indoors, but there were disagreements over the stage set-up.

Yeah Lar's head couldn't fit through the doors so they had it outside instead:D

Seriously though I'd like to see Metallica play at the O2 some day.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Yeah Lar's head couldn't fit through the doors so they had it outside instead:D

Seriously though I'd like to see Metallica play at the O2 some day.

Saw em three times in the old Point. Great gigs - especially '92 & '96.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Did anyone get the "Beyond Magnetic" EP? It was due out on Monday, but they didn't have it in HMV in Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Did anyone get the "Beyond Magnetic" EP? It was due out on Monday, but they didn't have it in HMV in Dundrum.

Henry Street HMV don't even have it on the system

Did you try the Sound Cellar in Nassau St?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Henry Street HMV don't even have it on the system

HMV are a joke at the best of times for getting stuff in, would be surprised if they last another two years in Ireland without having to at least have to shut a fair few stores. Last Friday was actually the release date for it in Ireland, Monday was tthe UK release date.

Kess73 wrote: »
    HMV are a joke at the best of times for getting stuff in, would be surprised if they last another two years in Ireland without having to at least have to shut a fair few stores. Last Friday was actually the release date for it in Ireland, Monday was tthe UK release date.

Sure I went up on Friday looking for Slipknots - All Hope is Gone, their album from 3 years ago, they told me that its been discontinued!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Did you try the Sound Cellar in Nassau St?

Nah, only had a look in Dundrum as I live there. I'm sure I'll pick up a copy easy enough in City Centre.

Nah, only had a look in Dundrum as I live there. I'm sure I'll pick up a copy easy enough in City Centre.

Sound Cellar is yer best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's kind of sad the way that you can get a Mars bar or a bottle of Coke in HMV these days but you can't get an EP from one of the biggest rock bands on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's kind of sad the way that you can get a Mars bar or a bottle of Coke in HMV these days but you can't get an EP from one of the biggest rock bands on the planet.
    Bang on, also do ep's count as singles? If they do then lack of distribution would actually deprive the charts of a rock band and that's sad too. I know ' the charts' are irrelevant nowadays but I'm sure decent sales would lead to radio play. I know Simon Cowell has a monster distribution network guaranteeing high sales thus dominating music airplay. What a c**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This has kicked off all sorts of speculation. 3D event/movie,Metalli-festival in June??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That's one of the reasons i never go near bricks and mortar stores these days(with the notable exception of Sound Cellar) and buy CD's online. The Rock/Metal section in most of the chain stores are abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lord lucan wrote: »
    This has kicked off all sorts of speculation. 3D event/movie,Metalli-festival in June??!!

I don't know what they've got planned but I'd say it'll be profitable whatever it is!

lord lucan wrote: »

Well they confirmed some time back that they were making a 3D film, so maybe it is that.

• Advertisement

Well they confirmed some time back that they were making a 3D film, so maybe it is that.

That or a live album of some description, professional produced this time

That or a live album of some description, professional produced this time

Well they promised a few months back that an announcement about the 3D movie would come out early this year so that's making sense to me.

Would love a live album with a top notch production job but not from the last 20 years. It's staggering the difference in the quality of their live play if you listen to shows from the last 10 to 20 years and then listen to them playing shows that are 20 years old or older.

I know that plenty of shows can be got online from the LiveMetallica site, but I would love a quality live double album that took in material up to 1991. I was hoping last year that they would do a 20 year special edition of the Black album and have a full gig as one of the bonus discs, but alas it was not to be.

I know that plenty of shows can be got online from the LiveMetallica site, but I would love a quality live double album that took in material up to 1991. I was hoping last year that they would do a 20 year special edition of the Black album and have a full gig as one of the bonus discs, but alas it was not to be.

True enough, same here, kind of like what Megadeth did with Peace Sells live the CD/DVD thing

Radio Nova are going to carry the announcement live too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

another product

another product

A cd is a product? A DVD is a product. A packet of f**king crisps is a product! What's the problem. They've become a business - so bloody what??

A cd is a product? A DVD is a product. A packet of f**king crisps is a product! What's the problem. They've become a business - so bloody what??

I think the problem is that they still try to push an image of being a rock/metal band who are into the music first and foremost, when it is pretty damn obvious that everything they do is designed simply to make money and music or rather quality music comes a very distant second.

But you are dead right in saying that they are a business, because that is pretty much all they are now.

But I am still glad they were around because they came out with some of my favourite music between 1984 and 1991. I would also add Load in 1996 as a decent album, but since then they have been nothing more than a tired boring bland group who seem to have had no real interest or spark in creating good music.

I think the problem is that they still try to push an image of being a rock/metal band who are into the music first and foremost, when it is pretty damn obvious that everything they do is designed simply to make money and music or rather quality music comes a very distant second.

But you are dead right in saying that they are a business, because that is pretty much all they are now.

But I am still glad they were around because they came out with some of my favourite music between 1984 and 1991. I would also add Load in 1996 as a decent album, but since then they have been nothing more than a tired boring bland group who seem to have had no real interest or spark in creating good music.

Load is a class album. Very underrated imo. Death Magnetic was a return to form of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Load is a class album. Very underrated imo. Death Magnetic was a return to form of sorts.

I'd love a remix of DM though where it doesn't sound clipped to bits. It's production renders it unlistenable to me, shame really since there are some good tracks on it.

• Advertisement

Here we go again with the clipping!

What next? Is someone going to say Lars' snare sounds a little off in St. Anger?

Advertisement