Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Here we go again with the clipping!

What next? Is someone going to say Lars' snare sounds a little off in St. Anger?

Where's the bass in AJFA?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'm on the live stream thing now. Nothing so far. http://www.livestream.com/metallica

http://www.metallica.com/news/20120207-205314.asp

Their own festival over 2 nights headlined by them in Atlantic City with bands chosen by them. 23/24th of June.

Well that's no good to me :(

Metallica
    Metallica will headline both nights, and play the Black Album in its
    entirety on one of the nights for the first time ever on US soil

Arctic Monkeys • Avenged Sevenfold
    Modest Mouse • The Gaslight Anthem
    Cage The Elephant • ****ed Up • Best Coast
    Hot Snakes • Titus Andronicus
    Gary Clark Jr. • Lucero • Roky Erickson
    The Black Angels • The Sword
    A Place to Bury Strangers • Liturgy

All a bit MEH imo. Couldn't imagine standing through most of that ****e just to see Metallica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lord lucan wrote: »
    Metallica

All a bit MEH imo. Couldn't imagine standing through most of that ****e just to see Metallica.
    Hardly worth the travel..

Huge letdown. Arctic Monkeys? **** off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Metallica

They're the only 2 that would interest me, Most of the others have NO PLACE at all on a Metallica bill.

I could understand this sort of line up if it was a main stream festival but a Metallica festival with support bands chosen by the band??? Why would they make there fans sit through that fcukin garbage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Metallica topping up their pension funds. It'll end up some kind of touring "Ozzfest" thing. will earn more millions for them while they sleep.

• Advertisement

TBA in full one night and RTL in full the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

TBA in full one night and RTL in full the other night.

So no escape from playing eh, Escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

"hopefully a chance for you to interact with us and see some of the stuff we're into."

So there'll be loads of money based activities there then like lectures on how you can make as much as possible in a recession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.metallica.com/news/20120207-205314.asp

Their own festival over 2 nights headlined by them in Atlantic City with bands chosen by them. 23/24th of June.

F**k that. Can someone upload the whole video?? My stream kept breaking down.

We are beyond excited to announce the introduction of the Orion Music + More Festival, a brand new festival that we, your friends in Metallica, will be the headliners, curators, and instigators of. After many years of playing at legendary festivals around the world including Reading, Roskilde, Werchter, Rock Im Ring, Rock In Rio, Lollapalooza and countless others, we're hoping to spread the good times and diverse musical feel here in the States and bring the amazing good vibes and spirit of our 30th anniversary celebration at the Fillmore Theatre in December to a larger, outdoor setting. We've got two nights of live 'Tallica mixed with all kinds of cool bands, activities and stuff to see wrapped into one incredible weekend planned for you. And for the only time in America this year, we're planning to continue the 'Black Album' anniversary celebration by playing it in its entirety on one night AND something we've never done before... drum roll please... all of 'Ride the Lightning' on the other!

If you had a chance to watch the live webcast, you know now that our location will be Bader Field in the heart of Atlantic City, New Jersey on the East Coast on June 23 and 24, 2012. We've joined forces with our friends at C3, who bring you Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits each year here in the U.S. as well as presenting Big Day Out to our Australian friends. Together we've invited a wide range of bands and musicians to play on multiple stages (at least three!) including Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, Modest Mouse, The Gaslight Anthem, Cage The Elephant, ****ed Up, Best Coast, Hot Snakes, Titus Andronicus, Gary Clark Jr., Lucero, Roky Erickson, The Black Angels, The Sword, Liturgy, and more to be announced in the coming weeks. We've also put together non-music activities for you to experience when you take a break between sets... hopefully a chance for you to interact with us and see some of the stuff we're into.

Weekend tickets go on sale SOON! Met Club members should log in for details on their pre-sale with discounted tickets and special packages that begins on Wednesday, February 8 at 7:00 AM PST. Tickets will be available for everyone starting Saturday, February 11 at 7:00 AM PST... all the details are here: www.orionmusicandmore.com. The entire weekend ticket is $150 with no service charges... what you see is what you get for ticket prices with no surprises.

Needless to say, the details will keep flowing... keep watching here and the Orion site for ongoing updates.

Ticket Info

Tickets will be available for the early bird price of $150 starting Saturday, February 11 at 7:00 AM PST at www.orionmusicandmore.com. Supplies are limited at this special price and ticket purchases are limited to no more than ten per person.

Travel packages including tickets, hotels, and shuttle busses will also be available. Please note that some hotels have age restrictions due to gambling laws, so be sure to read the fine print and book carefully.

A special VIP package is also available for $750 so you can experience the festival in style and comfort with special amenities in the Orion VIP lounge. Situated with a great view of the stage, the Orion VIP lounge has an elevated viewing platform perfect for music and people watching!

What You Get:

Your Orion VIP Pass gets you daily VIP wristbands (one each for Saturday and Sunday) to enter the festival. It also includes:

Unlimited access to the Orion VIP Lounge
    Viewing platform of the stage with premium sightlines
    Complimentary beer, wine and specialty libations all day
    Complimentary catered food servings daily
    Reserved air conditioned restrooms
    Shaded and relaxed lounge seating

With better bands it would be a great weekend but there's so much there that holds no interest for me personally. Stick in acts like Anthrax,Machine Head,Slash,FNM and i might be interested. Arctic Monkeys and the like would put me asleep tbh.

With better bands it would be a great weekend but there's so much there that holds no interest for me personally. Stick in acts like Anthrax,Machine Head,Slash,FNM and i might be interested. Arctic Monkeys and the like would put me asleep tbh.

Arctic Monkeys are there purely to attract the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Arctic Monkeys are there purely to attract the kids.

Can imagine Lars liking them.

ush wrote: »
    Can imagine Lars liking them.

Yeah, like he went through a phase of kissing Noel Gallagher's arse. It's all flavour of the month with him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hetfield playing Escape. 2012 must really be the year of the Apocalypse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That is a really bad festival line up given Metallica are headliners and instigators. The reason their previous festivals have been so successful is because the entire line up has added to their headline...it's not just because of them, whether they want to believe it or not, and a $25 discount for being a fan club member is not enough to make me go along to this...certainly least of all because it's happening in Atlantic City! So I take it that this is one for the American's!

• Advertisement

Last show for Europe announced,Sonisphere Switzerland. The line-up is excellent,very tempted to go to this one. Venue is a bit out of the way but a quick google says it's just under an hour from Geneva by train.
    This is it, our final addition to the summer vacation in Europe with a Sonisphere date at Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland on May 30, 2012. You guessed it, the 'Black Album' will be performed in its entirety (yeah, yeah, that 20th Anniversary thing) and the line-up for the day is out of this world as Slayer, Motorhead, Mastodon, Gojira, and Eluveitie will all be joining us!

The Met Club pre-sale already in progress, so Clubbers should log in for details. The pre-sale will end on Wednesday, February 15 at 9:00 AM local time. There is a four ticket limit for the pre-sale.

Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 17 at 8:00 AM local time at www.ticketcorner.ch. For more information about Sonisphere, click here: www.sonispherefestivals.com.

That's it for Europe... for now. But trust us, there's still lots of summer left!

http://www.metallica.com/news/20120212-883172.asp

Last show for Europe announced,Sonisphere Switzerland. The line-up is excellent,very tempted to go to this one. Venue is a bit out of the way but a quick google says it's just under an hour from Geneva by train.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20120212-883172.asp

"For now....................". So they must have more European announcements planned??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

"For now....................". So they must have more European announcements planned??

I think the 'for now' means next year and coming tours

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think the 'for now' means next year and coming tours

they've said that before, and added announcements a few days later......?

they've said that before, and added announcements a few days later......?

They have, but an Irish date is unlikely

It's strange the headliner of so many European Sonisphere festivals always ends up being the headliner of Download in the UK that same year - happened before with Metallica and Faith No More

I mean Download wouldn't want the same headliner, or band performing, as Sonisphere...but Sonisphere UK must be really in trouble if it's Feb 14th and we've still not got a headline act....

When were Slipknot announced last year, December?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They have, but an Irish date is unlikely

It's strange the headliner of so many European Sonisphere festivals always ends up being the headliner of Download in the UK that same year - happened before with Metallica and Faith No More

I mean Download wouldn't want the same headliner, or band performing, as Sonisphere...but Sonisphere UK must be really in trouble if it's Feb 14th and we've still not got a headline act....

When were Slipknot announced last year, December?

Yeah all 3 headliners in December.

Somebody on Download site made point that they may announce the whole thing in one huge go. Like Reading.

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah all 3 headliners in December.

Somebody on Download site made point that they may announce the whole thing in one huge go. Like Reading.

They could, but it's a bit of a struggle isn't it, because Leeds and Reading usually announces itself anyway in February and (for a few thousand fans) there will be a cross over, if not much competition at least. I mean if Reading did a Metal type year (with say, TOOL or someone) then that would bring in a lot of people who would otherwise have gone to Download or Sonisphere but live closer to Leeds

With people watching their finances, Sonisphere have picked a bad year not to have released the line up sooner, they've already been put too close to Download - with some people having to choose which festival they want to go too - and the choice is made far easier when you release the line up ahead of time.

I love Sonisphere, been there the last 2 years, and fingers crossed if everything is good I'll go again this year...but truthfully, it's my opinion that they must be having problems with the line up in some form, why else would they delay everything....mid Feb and nothing....

Decision made,Werchter Boutique for me. Soundgarden have been confirmed too,a band i've wanted to see for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Decision made,Werchter Boutique for me. Soundgarden have been confirmed too,a band i've wanted to see for a very long time.

I saw that just now. Soundgarden switched the gig and their headline show tix are valid. Also has Mastodon, Gojira, Ghost on the bill.

I'm seeing all these at Rock Im Park, but if this show was the Wednesday, I'd be changing my flights for it. Top notch day. And I want to return to Werchter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Can we not have an individual threads for Metallica, or other bands. I notice the Spurs supporters club have individual threads related to them i.e Bale thread Modric thread etc, cant we have the same. Id like to start a discussion on individual albums etc but will get lost on this SUPERTHREAD! Ideas please.

Advertisement