Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭briany

Steve O wrote: »
    Pity James was an absolute cock to Jason, seems like a genuine guy.

Jason was a very intense live presence for Metallica. He was way into what he was doing and he's still way into Metallica and he still goes to bat for them whenever the opportunity arises.

Here he is giving his opinion on whose name should really be on that bassist award at 2:43. Ballsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yup... this one:

The video for "Wherever I May Roam" made its debut on May 21st, 1992

Feeling old anyone? I know I am...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bard wrote: »
    Yup... this one:

The video for "Wherever I May Roam" made its debut on May 21st, 1992

Feeling old anyone? I know I am...!

Love that song, seen them 3 times on the Black Album tour (The first one, indoor), and they actually opened with Roam in Manchester, great opening song thats rarely (if ever) used as one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Plec4128

Star Bingo wrote: »
    whats the point? dumb f*cks will just make ANOTHER poxtallica superthread, amidst the other ones that were too dumbtallica to even notice the superthreads.

Ha ha ha fcking fool

Star Bingo wrote: »
    whats the point? dumb f*cks will just make ANOTHER poxtallica superthread, amidst the other ones that were too dumbtallica to even notice the superthreads.

Ha ha fcking fool

• Advertisement

Plec4128 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha fcking fool

Says it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Plec4128 wrote: »
    Says it all

rotfl
    that post was 3 years old you mad biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Well it cant be any worse than LULU was!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Well it cant be any worse than LULU was!

As far as i'm concerned, LULU didn't happen, that album was an abomination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭deeks

http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/70463?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=qotsa

Is this the ultimate "Spinal Tap" moment. Part concert movie part fictional feature file. Sounds hideous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I'll wait till its all on youtube.

As far as i'm concerned, LULU didn't happen, that album was an abomination

I've STILL not listened to that album :D

The St. Anger video debuted on this day in 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rFoGVkZ29w&list=SP2D4A44B959D87893&index=20&feature=plpp_video

I think St. Anger is a great album, despite what everyone else thinks of it

The St. Anger video debuted on this day in 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rFoGVkZ29w&list=SP2D4A44B959D87893&index=20&feature=plpp_video

I think St. Anger is a great album, despite what everyone else thinks of it

I think it has 2-3 great songs, the rest are, to quote Lars, pretty stock

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think it has 2-3 great songs, the rest are, to quote Lars, pretty stock

It's the lack of variation on St. Anger that really kills it for me. It is one long cacophonous ode to internal struggle. There's little there dynamically or tonally to let the album breathe and that's a big part of musical expression, particularly on record where those peaks and valleys can be put across even in loud rock music.

It's not a surprise that the band has, by and large, disowned St. Anger. It was very much made when the band was in a particular place that you don't want to be in for long and when you get out of it, you don't want to look back. Had they recorded an album in 2005 instead, it would have been markedly different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Believe it or not St Anger was the first Metallica album I ever bought. I was 13 and just getting into the music scene at the time. I heard St Anger and some older Metallica songs on tv and thought they were great so when I went to HMV St Anger was the only album they had in stock at that particular time so I decided to buy it. In all honesty its a good thing I had heard their older stuff before I bought it, because if I hadn't and that was my first time listening to Metallica, it could have killed my interest in them. The album had about 2 songs I liked, St Anger of course and the Unnamed Feeling. After that the rest weren't the rest of the album is pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Love this song. Rare to find it a full live recording. Funny as well, when the crowd realise what song it is when the drums kick in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone wrote: »
    Love this song. Rare to find it a full live recording. Funny as well, when the crowd realise what song it is when the drums kick in.

What is it? Am at
    work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

What is it? Am at
    work
    To live is to die

• Advertisement

Anyone wrote: »

For those who don't know this is the last song to contain a writing credit from Cliff, it just sounds so like him too

I'm sad now :(

scudzilla wrote: »
    For those who don't know this is the last song to contain a writing credit from Cliff, it just sounds so like him too

I'm sad now :(

I've always wondered how that song was classified as an instrumental when it clearly has lyrics(on the record) . Quietly spoken lyrics, yes, but lyrics nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

S*it, when you hear something like Dyers Eve, you realise what a band they are/were. AJFA, the last great Metallica album

Metallica have confirmed their only European show for the summer
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/metallica-announce-only-european-summer-show-of-2013/

Metallica have confirmed their only European show for the summer
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/metallica-announce-only-european-summer-show-of-2013/

Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. As soon as they get the $ thrown at them, they'll change their minds and do more shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. As soon as they get the $ thrown at them, they'll change their minds and do more shows.

I still laugh when I think of Kirk's comment a couple of years back about then having to keep touring because they need the money because there isn't as much to be made in album sales anymore. Like they're short of a few bob!

I still laugh when I think of Kirk's comment a couple of years back about then having to keep touring because they need the money because there isn't as much to be made in album sales anymore. Like they're short of a few bob!

I suppose if Kirk Hammett lived alone in a nondescript 5 room bungalow in suburbia, you'd have a point, but the kind of lifestyle he enjoys has quite a lot of overhead and upkeep to be paid. How many properties does he own that need to be looked after? How many people does he pay to do so? Maintaining the typical aspects of wealth proves expensive! Rare horror memorabilia plus gold plated SUVs and Ivy League educations for the kids don't pay for themselves.

In the article it says only European FESTIVAL performance, so expect a couple of stand alone shows, also Roskilde ties in wit Lars annual home vacation

briany wrote: »
    I suppose if Kirk Hammett lived alone in a nondescript 5 room bungalow in suburbia, you'd have a point, but the kind of lifestyle he enjoys has quite a lot of overhead and upkeep to be paid. How many properties does he own that need to be looked after? How many people does he pay to do so? Maintaining the typical aspects of wealth proves expensive! Rare horror memorabilia plus gold plated SUVs and Ivy League educations don't pay for themselves.

Come off it!! The guy is worth $100 million at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

briany wrote: »
    I suppose if Kirk Hammett lived alone in a nondescript 5 room bungalow in suburbia, you'd have a point, but the kind of lifestyle he enjoys has quite a lot of overhead and upkeep to be paid. How many properties does he own that need to be looked after? How many people does he pay to do so? Maintaining the typical aspects of wealth proves expensive! Rare horror memorabilia plus gold plated SUVs and Ivy League educations for the kids don't pay for themselves.

Lars, is that you?

Advertisement