Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holland: 6 months +

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Living in Amsterdam currently.
    I am approaching the six months mark there.

Is it necessary to obtain a registered address at this point?

I believe the law states it's okay for visitors to stay up until 6 months without registering.
    Past that, will tax come looking for my address from my work payments?

Have I anything to worry about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Living in Amsterdam currently.
    I am approaching the six months mark there.

Is it necessary to obtain a registered address at this point?

I believe the law states it's okay for visitors to stay up until 6 months without registering.
    Past that, will tax come looking for my address from my work payments?

Have I anything to worry about?

No ....

Do know of people that have been there for 2 - 3 years and never registered with the Gemeente.

Not registering can cause residence issues though. i.e. when you do register you may have to backpay health insurance for example, you may also have issues doing your Tax Return at the end of the year as you were never resident.

However its worth it to register if your going to stay longterm so you can avail of services like the DigiD and others stuff.

Its less hassle to do it and can cause serious headaches down the road

Advertisement