Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare Root Grisilinia hedging

Options
  • 14-04-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

HI .

1.When is the latest time to plant bare root Grisilinia. Considering the bad weather we had .

2. How much water do i need to give them once they are down .

Thanx:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you have got them then plant them immediately, its getting late. If you have not bought them you might be better to wait until October.

If you do decide to plant them now you will have to water them frequently right through the summer. Depending on how big they are they will need half to a bucketful of water each two or three times a week if it is very dry. Don't sprinkle them with water as this doesn't really water them and some gardeners say it encourages roots to grow near the surface of the soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

Thanx for your info .

Ye I put them in on Monday past they are 40-60 cm high and nice and leavey. I have been watering them every day hope its not to much . Can you over water them if its done everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

para45 wrote: »
    Thanx for your info .

Ye I put them in on Monday past they are 40-60 cm high and nice and leavey. I have been watering them every day hope its not to much . Can you over water them if its done everyday

I doubt you can over water them, but its better to give a good soak a couple of times a week than a sprinkle every day.

Jes..... thats a quick responce . Thannk you . I tell you it was bloody hard work pardon the "french" . I put down 140 bareroot and it was only one half of the one side of the site :)

How does one log a thank you on the system ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

to say "thank you",use the thumbs up symbol on the right side of the screen!!:cool:

• Advertisement

ok thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

para the "thanks" is on this page,not the reply page,the 4 icons on right starting with quote and finishing with the "thumb up"which you use to say thanks,i'll give you a thanks now

Thanx . I just dont have that on min eor how do you get it to appear

Advertisement