Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post pregnancy body bits and complaints

• 14-04-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

it's now 14 weeks since i had ben and i'm wondering when do the tummy muscles knit back fully... weeks or months?? i have a 2 finger gap at my belly button and although i'm doing my tummy exercises regulary and am now doing sit ups and walking loads i'm worrying this is not normal...

that's really my only complaint for now... i'm getting lots of sleep but i'm still knackered though i know from experience that this does not get better with me:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Every woman is different I'm afraid, everything from diet and exercise to even genetics are factors. I had Aidan 14 months ago and by emergency section, I was size 10 before the pregnancy and now am a size 8 (running around after him and not being able to snack as often added to a healthy diet and walking) but though my stomach muscles are toned enough, my skin is still very saggy and very wobbly!!!! But that is me and I am not able to say what everone else is like. As long as you do the exercises you were given and do a bit of walking you will be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

My tummy is still so flabby that I can't feel my tummy muscles :D

I'm working on it tho - 2 weeks in weight watchers and 10lb down so far!

I won't go into the problems I'm having with my body! Lets just say that at this rate Megan won't be getting a brother or sister EVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Oh my god don't get me started on pain after baby. I'm still so sore down there 2 weeks after having Elisha :(

Does anybody no when this pain will go? My stomach is not to bad, i've lost stone and a half belly still to come down a bit tho

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hey bulmers! I had Isobel 4 weeks ago tomorrow...and the pain is now starting to fade. I had a big baby and a lot of stitches, and I found the pain was bad enough up to two weeks, and then it started to fade...you do remain quite sensitive for a long time though! All I can say is get some nice large soft maternity pads so they aren't rubbing, and wear nice loose clothing! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

my biggest problem is i was eating so little in the last 3 months that i was so thin when i had him!!(well as thin as i'd been since i met my husband:rolleyes:) then i got a normal appetite.. as in the indigestion was gone and i could eat.. now i can see weight creeping up and it's freaking me out:eek: i'm in training for the mini-marathon in june.. and i can honestly say it's doing my hip the world of good.. i'm now not limping except when i get up in the mornings..
    CCL and bulmersgal well done if only it were as easy to loose it as put it on i'd be a size 0:D my eternal wonder is... are all those skinny women really happy????:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Oh my god don't get me started on pain after baby. I'm still so sore down there 2 weeks after having Elisha :(

Bulmersgal, if you had stitches or tearing or just general achiness, I really recommend taking plenty of sitz baths. Fill the bath enough to cover your bits. Make sure the water is as hot as you can bear. Throw in some tea tree oil. Immerse your nether bits until the water has cooled. Spread a towel on the bed and allow the area to air dry. Repeat as many times a day as you have time for.

Sprinkling a few drops of tea tree oil on your pads keeps things fresh too.

I was very sore for 3 weeks, was coping by week 4 and close to normal by week 6. I don't think I'll ever truly feel normal again though (8 months later...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

cbyrd wrote: »
    it's now 14 weeks since i had ben and i'm wondering when do the tummy muscles knit back fully... weeks or months?? i have a 2 finger gap at my belly button and although i'm doing my tummy exercises regulary and am now doing sit ups and walking loads i'm worrying this is not normal...

that's really my only complaint for now... i'm getting lots of sleep but i'm still knackered though i know from experience that this does not get better with me:D

if you had your baby in Holles St they have a 'healthy bodies after birth' class. Apparently physiotherapist goes through specific exercises and answers questions you have. I'm planning to go once my section wound heals up. Had 2 wound infections and only healing up now (Robin's 7 weeks).

looking forward to doing some exercises - my tummy is a bit lopsided whatever way they stitched me up :confused:

bogtotty wrote: »

Sprinkling a few drops of tea tree oil on your pads keeps things fresh too.

This generally isn't recommended as it is far too concentrated and thought to kill all of the bacteria down there, even the friendly stuff that helps you to heal. A few drops in the bath is very good though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

This generally isn't recommended as it is far too concentrated and thought to kill all of the bacteria down there, even the friendly stuff that helps you to heal. A few drops in the bath is very good though

I had a 3rd degree tear when i had Saoirse 14 weeks ago and I was told to put hazel witch in the bath and on the pad

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I still have no sensation in the skin on my lower belly, which is fine, however it's always hanging out of the bottom of my tops and because I can't feel the breeze I don't notice. Yark!

That and my belly being so disproportionate to the rest of me that I still don't fit in trousers or jeans. Harumph!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I had no sensation on the skin there either for near on 7 months!

And yes that excess flab is really hard to keep in, what I did was use those tight fitting string vests from Pennys that are made for jogging and then wear my clothes over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

16 months after having my section and I can barely feel any sensation in the skin around my scar... Sooo want a tummy tuck for the overhang :o

i just have overhang!! :D had it before i got pregnant too !! not as bad now since i lost some weight while i was pregnant.. just have to try not to put it on!! difficult :rolleyes:
    i'm using the bio oil again and it seems to be helping but there's some great tops in penneys now. i got one and wore it on saturday.. went in this morning and got the same in all the different colours :D they've an elasticated top and lots of room.. A line... hides the lumps.!:) €5 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So going there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I shouldnt complain because nothing is sore but I just hate my figure.
    I'm a stone heavier/a dress size bigger & feel like such a chunky monkey!

I know if I got off my ass and did some walking it'd help but I'm far too tired :o By the time I feed madame, get her changed/asleep and tackle the housework all I'm fit for is sleep!
    The mad thing is if I found out I was pregnant now I'd be delighted.
    That's either the hormones or just me wanting a 9 month excuse not to have to work on losing that extra stone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

3 years and still waiting,

my first baby i was back to normal after 2 weeks (she weighed 4.2 kgs)and stayed the same until 2nd baby again after 2 weeks back to 9 stone (he was a premature baby at 3.6kgs), 3rd baby i only lost the baby weight of 4.085 kgs.

my tummy never got back to shape after the 3rd one, so im starting bootcamp on tuesday.

CAP know what you mean about being pregnant... i had no waistline to worry about ...it was great while it lasted!!:D i think though if i even broached the subject with my husband he'd kill me:eek::D and i'm getting a full nights sleep but some days i'm still crippled with tiredness..strange...:confused:

Cbyrd - I have my husband freaked out, now he's saying he wants to wait til number 1 is potty trained before having number 2. yeah right! There's 2 years between my sister and I so I'd love no more than 2 years between my own babies.

I wonder if you took iron would it help the tiredness? I'm taking multivitamins & think they're helping a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I think after 15 months, I need to face the fact that my belly is going nowhere unless I do something about it :( Worst of all, I'm like 35lb lighter than I was when I got pregnant, but that stupid belly is still flopping around the place :( I hate the exercise word so much, but I fear it's time to use it.

Quackles.. i hear ya!!:D but i have mastered a plan that doesn't feel like exercise.. i have a yoga mat on the floor my leg weights my dumbells and good tv in the evenings when the kids are in bed...situps leg raises toning exercises for my arms and then in the mornings i'll walk the kids to school.. it seems to be starting to work...

MY HAIR. oh my god... i have a hairline that is starting to resemble my husbands:eek::eek::eek: was going to get it cut for the christening.. now i'm just wondering whats the best comb-over style:( my poor hair...*sniff sniff*

• Advertisement

Yo!

Anyone have experience of losing their hair after pregnancy? I'm losing a lot. Every morning when I wake up there is at least 50 strands on the pillow and I'm finding my hair everywhere. I even seem to be developing a bit of a bald patch on my crown!

There'll be 3 baldies in this house before long if it continues!

Yep Das Kitty, meet your sister :D

There seems to be bits of my hair all over the house, I'm like a feckin dog that's moulting! :o:D

On a plus not for the hair loss... I've only needed 1 leg wax since Megan was born :D

My body seems to be co-operating with me a bit more now! Still a long way to go with the weight loss, but I don't have an overhang anymore! Still a big wobbly jelly belly and rather attractive stretch marks, so no bikini for me this year, or next year, or any year to come!

Just out of curiosity, how long should it take for auntie flo to pay a visit after giving up breastfeeding?

Haven't a clue, 5 weeks now and nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You hair can go to crap while preggers cos the baby gets piority for all the vitamin and nutriants. I found that boots nail and hair supplements helped it back into condition.

It's as though I lost no hair at all whilst pregnant and now it's all going away. It was luxurious during the pregnancy, and not just on my head!

At least my belly hair has all fallen out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

10 weeks after giving birth, and my back muscles are starting to cause havoc....is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

By ten weks your womb should be roughly back to the size it was before you gave birth and your pelvis and all your muscles have to reshape them sevles. Ifyou are suffering wth it do go to your dr.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yo!

Anyone have experience of losing their hair after pregnancy? I'm losing a lot. Every morning when I wake up there is at least 50 strands on the pillow and I'm finding my hair everywhere. I even seem to be developing a bit of a bald patch on my crown!

There'll be 3 baldies in this house before long if it continues!

i hear you on that one!! you don't lose hair when you're pregnant.. hence the hairy belly!! :D and then after it all falls out at the same time!! it will recover eventually! I have had to take scissors to my hair and cut in a fringe cos mine has receeded beck about a half inch:eek:
    it did this after my 2nd baba and it took ages to recover and when it did grow back it was curly!! :D don't worry about it anyway that'll only make it worse and if you've a good hairdresser they can advise you on shorter styles til it thickens up again! basically a ladycombover:D:D:D

• Advertisement

hacked wrote: »
    10 weeks after giving birth, and my back muscles are starting to cause havoc....is this normal?

are you carrying isobel a lot ?? lots of cushions under elbows when you're feeding her!! my shoulders are wrecked from ben ;)

Advertisement