Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post pregnancy body bits and complaints

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

cbyrd wrote: »
    i hear you on that one!! you don't lose hair when you're pregnant.. hence the hairy belly!! :D and then after it all falls out at the same time!! it will recover eventually! I have had to take scissors to my hair and cut in a fringe cos mine has receeded beck about a half inch:eek:
    it did this after my 2nd baba and it took ages to recover and when it did grow back it was curly!! :D don't worry about it anyway that'll only make it worse and if you've a good hairdresser they can advise you on shorter styles til it thickens up again! basically a ladycombover:D:D:D

I took a good look in the mirror this morning and yes, I have a receding hairline! Oh my! It is growing back a bit though. I'd be very surprised if it grows back curly though as my hair is poker straight. It doesn't look too bad at the mo so I'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I am just really thankful that I have a really thick head of hair because it is falling out in fist fulls now :eek:
    Its actually pretty horrible I keep having to unblock the hoover when I hoover the house there's that many long strands of hair in it :o

So glad the hair belly has gone, wish I could say my leg hair was falling out or not growing as fast but no such luck!

Can I ask ye, did your periods go back to normal when they did return?
    I had one last month (first since) and all was fine, but I'm over a week late now, I've done 2 x pregnancy tests and both came back negative.
    Just wondering should it be the case that it takes a while for a regular 4 week cycle to return?
    Mine always were regular as clockwork :confused:

So jealous, met with a pal of mine yesterday who had her little boy 2 weeks after me and she's back in size 8 - 10 jeans. I'm in size 14 and can only barely squeeze into a pair of size 12 jeans if I don't breathe/sit down :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Was at the hairdressers today and hair was falling out all over the place!!

Periods are mental, had first since Saoirse was born and was soaking a tampon & pad every 2-3 hours.

Still not back to normal size, serious diet gonna start on Monday. Need to be skinnier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm wondering about the whole period thing too! I had one 7th April and nothing since! I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know. We know how these things turn up at the most inconsiderate times when we're not prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi everyone just wanted to jump in here... my little critter is 9 months and my periods are back regular these past 3 months only... BUT they are still WAY heavier than they ever were (and mine were always quite bad in the first place!!) I wonder how long this will continue for or if I'll just have to get used to it :o

• Advertisement

I haven't a clue, still no period here. If they're going to be heavy it makes me glad that I use a mooncup!

Feeling much more energetic at long last, James is sleeping really well and so am I! We've been walking heaps and I've lost a few pounds. My arms are probably the most toned they have ever been from lugging the little dude around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

my hair has stopped falling out thank god... there's not much left :eek: i've had 2 periods and pretty much the second was on time...2 or 3 days early.. but the first was very heavy the second was lighter but lasted longer..:( i'm due now on the 9th...so i'll see if its regular or not soon enough, if it 2-3 days early that means i'll be trottin the mini-marathon in full flow...should be interesting:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Is anybody else bleeding a little after sex? Its only a drop or two but still not what I want. Had baby 8 weeks ago!

I'm doing the mini marathon as well on Monday, can't wait :-D

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Is anybody else bleeding a little after sex? Its only a drop or two but still not what I want. Had baby 8 weeks ago!

Not personally but your cervix remains very tender for quite a few months so that's more than likely what it is. If you're worried about it give your doctor or PHN a ring.

Chuchu, do you mind me asking, were yours very far apart like 5 -6 weeks apart instead of the usual 4 weeks?
    I'm going to do another pregnancy test if I don't have them by Wednesday, I wonder should I call my Doc about it or is it normal?
    Must google :) I absolutely hate going to the Doc unless I'm at deaths door. After all the hours I spent in Doctor/Hospital waiting rooms last year for Ante Natal care I could happily not go neither again for a long time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Cap... the first 2 or 3 were quite late, like 6 then 5 weeks then finally back to 4. But keep an eye on it and do another test or two if needs be. I'm sure every woman is different and you could easily just be taking that bit longer for things to sort themselves out. :)

Thanks Chuchu, will give it a few days before I test again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mummys Tummy

i had a baby boy 8 months ago and only now am i starting to see a real difference in my body, as they say 9 months on and 9 months off it has been true for me and it dosent help when you meet those girls who leave their bump behind in the hospital! take the pressure off yourself. keep going with your exercises, loads of walking and post natal classes are great too, try mum and baby yoga to get a great stretch, work on tummy muscles and pelvic floor too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mummys Tummy

i had a baby boy 8 months ago and only now am i starting to see a real difference in my body, as they say 9 months on and 9 months off it has been true for me and it dosent help when you meet those girls who leave their bump behind in the hospital! take the pressure off yourself. keep going with your exercises, loads of walking and post natal classes are great too, try mum and baby yoga to get a great stretch, work on tummy muscles and pelvic floor too!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

This is a rather strange one, has it happened to anyone else? I find after having a normal vaginal delivery I have lost sensation in my bladder! Literally. I won't feel a thing until my bladder is so full its literally about to start leaking. This is really frustrating as you are so busy with the baby you tend to forget to pee and really are depending on your bladder to remind you!

hacked wrote: »
    This is a rather strange one, has it happened to anyone else? I find after having a normal vaginal delivery I have lost sensation in my bladder! Literally. I won't feel a thing until my bladder is so full its literally about to start leaking. This is really frustrating as you are so busy with the baby you tend to forget to pee and really are depending on your bladder to remind you!

I had a c-section and it was the same until I started doing my pelvic floor exercises regularly, back to normal now.

I find some nights when i'm sleeping i arch my back like i'm still pregnant... i wake up i can't move for a while.. it's so sore!! anyone know how i can stop myself doing this?? :)

Has this happened to anybody? Had a baby 10 weeks ago and this is now my 3rd period but it is currently been here 10 days and its getting heavier not lighter.

Wish my body would go back to normal! Was nearly crying because I seen some people push a car out of a busy junction and I was like aww thats really nice.

How much are you bleeding, and how big are the blood clots, if any?

It's normal to continue bleeding after you have a baby for a good number of weeks. I know some people who have bled for 9 weeks, while I only bled for a week or two and then had residue for a few weeks. I Was told if my blood clots got too big then it could mean I had an infection.

Did you get checked out at 6 weeks?

I bleed on and off for 6 weeks after having baby but it was light. Then had 2 weeks break and its back its not heavy heavy its like the middle of your period.

Went to doc's at 6 weeks but she didn't really look at me only baby just asked how i felted

• Advertisement

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I bleed on and off for 6 weeks after having baby but it was light. Then had 2 weeks break and its back its not heavy heavy its like the middle of your period.

Went to doc's at 6 weeks but she didn't really look at me only baby just asked how i felted

I had the same thing happen. You are supposed to get yourself checked out at 6 weeks, but because the hospitals are so busy at the moment, they haven't seem to have given any appointments out to the public patients. The GPs just seem to ask how you are at babys check...but if you don't know what normal is, how can you know to answer correctly?

Obviously, no one on here can give you medical advise, so all I will say is go to your GP to get checked out to just to be on the safe side. It could just be your first period, but better safe than sorry!

i had this too i bled heavily for about 3 weeks and thenit stopped and after about 5 days it came back and i passed a clot the size of an egg!! i reckon it was just holding on and backing up!!:eek::D
    i bled then steadily for about another 2 weeks and then it was intermittent for another 3 weeks before it stopped completely...
    i was breastfeeding too and that can make you bleed longer...
    i've had 3 periods since and all at 25 day cycle which is what is was before i was pregnant so it looks like in that department i'm back to normal.. now just for the rest of me:D

My second period after Addison was the heaviest I've ever had in my life. I was literally soaking through a pad and tampon every two hours for about a week. It could be normal, but best to get checked by GP.

I bled for just over 10 weeks with Megan, but only very lightly, and it would stop for a day and then start again... I was getting a bit worried so went to the doctor and she said it can be quite normal to keep bleeding for a good while.

I then had a period in April and now nothing since! I'm dreading them arriving at this stage. I just know its gonna be sore :(

I found it really suprising that neither the hospital nor GP checked me over after the labour.
    I know labour in itself is natural, but it is still a big trauma to your body.
    The hospital didn't check me at all and my GP just asked me if everything was alright, but like you say Hacked I don't know what normal is after labour!

I think this is the first week I've felt a bit back to myself since the labour, nor aches or pains & (one pair:rolleyes:) of my bigger jeans are starting to feel really loose on me :)
    I'm still a fair few pound off fitting into my old clothes, but at least I'm shedding some of the weight, yay :D

Second period since having Saoirse started today and oh my god I am in agony... feeling really weak... flow isn't too heavy at the moment... but blood is bright red, no clots. I hate this... I'm sitting here doubled over in pain.

Oh God. I'm going to get some Codiene in preparation.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh God. I'm going to get some Codiene in preparation.

I had some Tylex left over from the prescription I got when I gave birth and those were only slightly helping last night. Have kicked in now though thank god. Flow is getting heavier.

I'm fierce cranky today and a bit crampy so I'm guessing my friends are on their way... I have some Tylex left over too. Been saving them for a rainy day!

• Advertisement

God, they only gave me panadol! Fecking cheated!

Advertisement