Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post pregnancy body bits and complaints

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lost in my own head

cbyrd wrote: »
    it's now 14 weeks since i had ben and i'm wondering when do the tummy muscles knit back fully... weeks or months?? i have a 2 finger gap at my belly button and although i'm doing my tummy exercises regulary and am now doing sit ups and walking loads i'm worrying this is not normal...

that's really my only complaint for now... i'm getting lots of sleep but i'm still knackered though i know from experience that this does not get better with me:D

It is different for everybody, however if you are breastfeeding it helps, the pain is a lot worse, but the tummy flattens faster, and of course continue with your exercise.

And you will get loads more of that once the baby starts moving round. It's great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Das Kitty wrote: »
    God, they only gave me panadol! Fecking cheated!

Me too!! :eek: i got about 6 ibuprofen over 2 days.. then i had to get my own!! :( i'm a saint :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

They gave me ponstan in the hospital, was kinda kicking myself afterwards for not asking for a few to take home with him for those few days after :rolleyes:

Is anyone else still losing hair? Cbyrd I know you said you were losing a bit, has it stopped yet?
    I've been losing hair the past few weeks but it came out in a few clumps today :eek:
    My hair is really thick but at this rate I don't think it will be for long! :o

yes i'm like a little bald man with a dirty combover now... :D

seriously, it's still falling out so much so i got up on the morning of the christening took one look after the shower and got out my scissors.. i now have a lovely feathery fringe made from the hair on the middle of my head and i have to give myself little flicks at the side so you can't see through my hair.. :eek:
    it's in about an inch at the hairline on the sides it's like newborn hair... and about a half inch on the hairline at the front.. all the years of making combovers for men has finally paid off:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I have a thingy in the plug hole to catch all my hair and I can block it up in 1 shower.

My hair is just awful at the minute too. I think I need a trip to the hairdressers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah mine is still falling out to beat the band. lovely little baldy patch at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lost in my own head

They gave me ponstan in the hospital, was kinda kicking myself afterwards for not asking for a few to take home with him for those few days after :rolleyes:

Is anyone else still losing hair? Cbyrd I know you said you were losing a bit, has it stopped yet?
    I've been losing hair the past few weeks but it came out in a few clumps today :eek:
    My hair is really thick but at this rate I don't think it will be for long! :o

Yeah, the loosing hair thing goes on for absolute ages, Had my lil fella over a year ago and still find it coming out, but it will get better after a while, Used to come out in clumps too especially after a shower, but just a few here and there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mine's the same, still falling out, my hairdresser SIL commented on it when she was doing my hair last week! No bald patches thank god though, my hair is too thick for that.

:eek: have you seen how quickly the ads for baldness popped up... and tummy tucks?? are they trying to say i'm fat???:eek:

I know the feeling cbyrd I was starting to wonder if Sky changed my subscription to show me fat people ads encouraging me to lose weight :D

That's ok, glad I'm not alone in the hair loss department! I haven't got any bald spots (yet/that I can see) but I'm getting so sick of unblocking the vacuum head from all the hairs :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

yes i'm like a little bald man with a dirty combover now...

seriously, it's still falling out so much so i got up on the morning of the christening took one look after the shower and got out my scissors.. i now have a lovely feathery fringe made from the hair on the middle of my head and i have to give myself little flicks at the side so you can't see through my hair..
    it's in about an inch at the hairline on the sides it's like newborn hair... and about a half inch on the hairline at the front.. all the years of making combovers for men has finally paid off

Lol:D
    Im nearly bald! Every time I look at my son, there seems to be hair dangling from his hand.
    My hairdresser recommeded 'head high', they are supplements you can get from the chemist, ten euro for a big jar, they are making a real difference, but they are making my hair grow at a rapid rate, so now I have a sticky up fringe type thing going on at the front, but they have def slowed down the rate of it falling out.

Well the decorators finally arrived and I swear I'm in agony! Its their worst visit ever.

I was so convinced that I was pregnant too. In fact, I'm quite disappointed that I'm not!! :eek: Anyone else REALLY clucky??

I was so convinced that I was pregnant too. In fact, I'm quite disappointed that I'm not!! :eek: Anyone else REALLY clucky??

yes, VERY :o

Sorry if this is tmi, I didn't have a period last month just a bit of light brown discharge for a day so was convinced I might be pregnant but 5 tests later and I'm not. (was a wee bit disappointed at the negatives!)

I'm actually kind of nervous about whether I get them or not this month (due them in 4/5 days) I would actually love to get a BFP :D

You're still early for testing so you could still be pregnant!!

CCL, told yaaaa it's horrible...

I am most definitely not clucky, no way no how, two is my lot...

You're still early for testing so you could still be pregnant!!

Here's hoping ;)

I had a couple of days of spotting while I was on holidays so I was convinced that was my implantation bleed, then last week I woke up in the middle of the night ready to puke. Up until this morning I was still convinced that the bleeding was probably an implantation bleed and the other spotting was ovulation. Crazy huh!

I was doing tests willy nilly and was gutted when they kept coming up negative. I even bought one in Tesco (in England) then me, Chet and Megan went off to the disabled loo to do the test together! What is wrong with me?? Chet is mad for another one too so I guess watch this space :D

Glad I'm not the only crazy clucky lady Caprilicious. I think Rose and Megan deserve little siblings for being so cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My hair has started falling out like crazy too,but it's itchy! I thought I had lice at first, but no...just my hair falling out appears to be itchy.

Am also mad. Got my first period on friday. SO unfair...isobel is only 3 months, i am exclusively breastfeeding and all!

Awww, here's hoping the two of you have new babies very soon!!!! Take it from someone with a 14 month age gap it is actually lovely :)

Glad I'm not the only crazy clucky lady Caprilicious. I think Rose and Megan deserve little siblings for being so cute :)

He he that sounds like reason enough to have no. 2 :D

Poor hacked, I'm really suprised at that, I thought you didn't get periods at all when you were breast feeding :confused:

If my hair loss doesn't slow down soon I'll be asking Santa for a wig for Christmas :o:D

Man, I have a wedding on Saturday and I don't know what to do about my scabby head. Usually my hair is the nicest thing about me when I'm done up. If only I didn't look like such a tool in a hat...

• Advertisement

Get yerself a nice big fascinator and take yourself to the hairdressers and let them work their magic!

Oh I wish I could afford it. Sealed the money in the card this morning and we have enough for 2 drinks each. Ah well, I'll just have to avoid the cameras. ;)

Poor hacked, I'm really suprised at that, I thought you didn't get periods at all when you were breast feeding :confused:
    D

I know! I mean the bleeding after the birth only stopped 5 or 6 weeks ago, and I thought even if you got your period while breastfeeding it usually didnt come back for 6 months or so.

Fortunately, I seem to be much luckier than the rest of you. It hasn't really hurt that bad...just feels normal, dull cramping and bloating. It came on like crazy though! I was in church and one minute nothing...the next thing it was dark red and like syrup and pouring down my legs! EEK! (sorry tmi!) I had to run out and find someone with a pad, as i obviously wasn't prepared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Can I join in??

I've jumped from the pregnant women's moan thread to this one, delighted to see it's here. A good moan is good for ya!

I had a section and have been lucky enough in that I feel nearly 100% now 3 and 1/2 weeks later and the bleeding is more or less gone.

However, my main whinge is to do with the breastfeeding. I'm leaking, spurting, spilling everywhere. I'm nearly expecting the local Creamery to cart me away! Seriously, I have to sleep on a towel for middle-of-the-night leaks and when feeding and I have another one on the bed for when the boob I'm not feeding from decides to produce in sympathy (think my body thinks I've had twins sometimes!).

I thought my ickiest problem was going to be sanitary pads, not breast pads! Does anyone know when this should settle down??

That said, wee Cathal is a dote and feeling like a malfunctioning cow is worth it:D

deemark wrote: »
    Can I join in??

I've jumped from the pregnant women's moan thread to this one, delighted to see it's here. A good moan is good for ya!

I had a section and have been lucky enough in that I feel nearly 100% now 3 and 1/2 weeks later and the bleeding is more or less gone.

However, my main whinge is to do with the breastfeeding. I'm leaking, spurting, spilling everywhere. I'm nearly expecting the local Creamery to cart me away! Seriously, I have to sleep on a towel for middle-of-the-night leaks and when feeding and I have another one on the bed for when the boob I'm not feeding from decides to produce in sympathy (think my body thinks I've had twins sometimes!).

I thought my ickiest problem was going to be sanitary pads, not breast pads! Does anyone know when this should settle down??

That said, wee Cathal is a dote and feeling like a malfunctioning cow is worth it:D

Congratulations and welcome to breastfeeding! That should start to settle down when you milk supply is established. That can take a good few weeks though! it took me 6 or 7 weeks, but the leaking wasn't as bad towards the end.
    A good tip for at night? Forget the breast pads....go buy some cheap tescos nappies and stick a nappy in each side of the bra. Looks ridiculous, but I guarantee you, while you are spurting, you wont need to wake up during the night!

Congratulations Deemark! I was thinking we must be due a few new mammies in from the pregnant forum :)

Cathal is such a gorgeous name too! Good on you with the breastfeeding, hope it all keeps working out well for you ;)

Hacked that sounds like an excellent tip with the nappies, will definitely bear than in mind for next time :D

Cap -- oh yeah do! My mother suggested it to me, and it was fantastic. Feels a little weird at the start, but at that point you are so tired you dont care. Didn't leak anywhere the nights i wore the nappies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ta for that Cap, I knew I'd read a post somewhere about nappies before, it was your post. Will try and in the meantime hope for this supply issue to sort itself soon.

Not really bothered about looking ridiculous at this stage, couldn't be worse than the (now too big and sagging at the ass) granny knickers up to me oxters, two different-sized boobs and a selection of towels I don't like..... And I wonder why we haven't got back to doing the bold thing again yet:D

Ok this is starting to reallllllly bother me. My hair is falling out and it's ITCHING. Is anyone else getting this? I swear I thought I had lice, but my head has been thorougly examined and comed like three times a day and there is nothing there. I mean nothing. The itching is so irritating!

• Advertisement

you could just be itchy in the heat?

Advertisement