Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend types

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Do most of the guys in UCD walk around throwing shapes thinking they are cool ,and calling their friends legends,
    That would really irritate me and I would smash my fist in their eye socket me thinks

Is it my puffed out chest and rugby jersey that's offending you?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Something like this..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

DubMedic wrote: »
    Is it my puffed out chest and rugby jersey that's offending you?.

Nah, I think it's your rugged good looks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

UCD definitely has more of the type you describe than TCD, in trinity the main irritants are "trendy" indie scensters with their self-important notions of being "arty" and "intellectual". Both are parodies of themselves and won't make it far in the real world. As for which will irritate you more, only you know that.
    as a foreigner,originally from some sophisticated real big city:pac: i urge you to get a job in business or outside ireland, and maybe then you will realise those people will do no problem at all. in fact,those people are the 'money'.

come to dig this post after few years time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

Its not anything got to do with rugby or where they live, they haven't accomplished anything more in life that alot of people, but yet they think they're
    superior!

• Advertisement

dyl10 wrote: »
    Clearly he's emo. A stereotype currently sitting below the D4 man, on the social ladder.

Emo? yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Its not anything got to do with rugby or where they live, they haven't accomplished anything more in life that alot of people, but yet they think they're
    superior!

Ah, you seem to be under the impression that all people are born equal.

n00b mistake.

Fad wrote: »
    Ah, you seem to be under the impression that all people are born equal.

n00b mistake.

Oh, now I see......
    They were born with the special gift of being a legend
    They are in fact the chosen legends

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    But indie is good! it really is!!! ... in general.

And I'm sure playing rugby and having well off parents are in themselves fun too. That's not what I'm getting at.
    seraphimvc wrote: »
    as a foreigner,originally from some sophisticated real big city:pac: i urge you to get a job in business or outside ireland, and maybe then you will realise those people will do no problem at all. in fact,those people are the 'money'.

come to dig this post after few years time!

Nope, you are wrong. The people who succeed are usually the most intelligent (be they nerdy types or not). They are the people with ingenuity, the people who actually take the time to think about things and find out what's really important, the people who aren't afraid to stand out and be different if there's a better way of doing things.

It's perfectly healthy and natural to go to some lenght to fit in with your peers, but out and out posers will never progress beyond mediocrity. Of that I am sure.

Thats what I'm talking about, the out and out posers!

• Advertisement

Nope, you are wrong. The people who succeed are usually the most intelligent (be they nerdy types or not).

:pi love it when people say that. wrong?right? please take your time in college to learn how to speak with people and go figure if there is really an absolute answer to everything.

if you read my post carefully i didnt deny what you said, nor did i say those nerdy intelligent people s*cks, just to make it clear. just abit information, *ahem* i will get my BSc degree in few months time:D
    They are the people with ingenuity, the people who actually take the time to think about things and find out what's really important, the people who aren't afraid to stand out and be different if there's a better way of doing things.

:D:D:D not to be annoying or anything,please come back to read my post after you have seen around the real world. i used to be think like you too.
    It's perfectly healthy and natural to go to some lenght to fit in with your peers, but out and out posers will never progress beyond mediocrity. Of that I am sure.

that,is exactly why i say go work in business or outside ireland.
    poser =/= a thinker?
    poser =/= the no.1 student in your class?
    poser =/= unsuccessful?incompetent?afraid to stand out to make a change?

as a common sense,back to when i was in primary school (of my country of course), what you said is 99% correct. but people grew up and want something different. people wanna be cool, abit of fashion on clothes, learn to eat good food and wines, try to beat the nerd who is study 24/7 in the class etc.

judging people from their look is pure shallow - that i am 100% sure.and judging from their speaking/talk? rookie mistake:pac: people lies.people can act completely different when they come to different things.

in short, go compare your academic result to those people you said there now in college - some of them own your ass:p or go compare your salary when you are out of college,and guess what, some of them will still own your ass:o and then please dont come back and tell me those s*ckers have luck etc while you are the real smart one who still coulndt find a proper job.

there is no absolutely right or wrong in the real world.

Its not anything got to do with rugby or where they live, they haven't accomplished anything more in life that alot of people, but yet they think they're superior!

'but they think they are superior'? or

You think 'they think they are superior'?:p

there is a special part of culture in ireland is about being the underdog before you have done something great. like one thing people say 'fair play' to you when you have done a good job - i know it means same 'good job' but dont you think the word 'fair play' is abit putting you down? i call that low self esteem and too much Pessimism. (go figure why from the history)

those people who speak or act like what you said maybe is abit too much, and at some point they are annoying indeed. but as soon as they know what are they doing: study hard for exams, didnt offend you purposely etc, i see them as the improvement of the irish culture, at least they no longer have the low self esteem phenotype.

[HTML] at least they no longer have the low self esteem phenotype[/HTML]
    There is a difference between having a low self esteem, and being a nice person whos happy ,and doesn't need to try make themselves stand out from everyone throwing shapes and thinking they're deadly .
    I don't know what country you come from , or planet for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

There is a difference between having a low self esteem, and being a nice person whos happy ,and doesn't need to try make themselves stand out
    Do most of the guys in UCD walk around throwing shapes thinking they are cool ,and calling their friends legends,
    That would really irritate me and I would smash my fist in their eye socket me thinks

You don't seem like a particularly nice person yourself. Did your parents not love you?

Thank you for the comment on my profile by the way. I hope you don't find me and smash me in the eye socket :rolleyes:

[HTML] at least they no longer have the low self esteem phenotype[/HTML]
    There is a difference between having a low self esteem, and being a nice person whos happy ,and doesn't need to try make themselves stand out from everyone throwing shapes and thinking they're deadly .
    I don't know what country you come from , or planet for that matter.
    Your point is spot on. but in my eye you are trying to twist my meaning of what i said.

whethere you are low esteem or not, there is a choice of
    being a nice person whos happy ,and doesn't need to try make themselves stand out from everyone throwing shapes and thinking they're deadly
    or
    being a nice person whos happy ,and make themselves stand out from everyone throwing shapes and thinking they're deadly.
    Both choices are perfectly acceptable in 21th century planet earth.

and again, like i said above, is YOU who think 'they think they are superior'.

also, from my experience living here for some years, many people are extremely afraid of try make themselves stand out. that,my friend, is some low self esteem issue.

I'm afraid I have no desire to turn myself into a fake complete and utter knob
    Thats the only thing I'm afraid of in life
    And no I don't think anyone is superior to anyone else.

I never met such a stupid china man
    your a legend!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

dyl10 wrote: »
    Nah, I think it's your rugged good looks

Loike, I know, Roysh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm afraid I have no desire to turn myself into a fake complete and utter knob
    Thats the only thing I'm afraid of in life
    And no I don't think anyone is superior to anyone else.

From reading that I get the impression that you do in fact consider yourself to be superior to these 'knobs', as you put it. So they like to dress a certain way, who doesn't. And they all hang around together - maybe that's because people like yourself won't give them the time of day! :P

Some of the people that you describe are probably knobs. As are lots of people who don't fit that description. Personally I don't see any correlation between being a 'rugby jock' or whatever and being a d*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

1775.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

This thread is pretty pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Rich people are superior, SUPERIOR, S-U-P-E-R-I-O-R, roysh!! They're born more superior than anyone else, destined to be successful, more beautiful and never have anything to worry about! They're born gods! You can either worship them, or hate them bitterly! The rest of you hungry peasants are destined to live a life of misery and suffer from agonizing inferiority complex under the soles of their feet! Bahh!!

Its not about rich people in general , some rich people are nice.
    The thread was about annoying legend types ,no matter if it was a poor ledge or a rich ledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I would smash my fist in their eye socket me thinks
    I never met such a stupid china man
    your a legend!!!!!!

I don't think you're cut out for university.

I think UCD can breathe a sigh of relief.

Its not about rich people in general , some rich people are nice.
    The thread was about annoying legend types ,no matter if it was a poor ledge or a rich ledge

They're all superior!! Get back in line with the inferiors and make me some tea!!!

They're all superior!! Get back in line with the inferiors and make me some tea!!!

So says the gombeen from the leafy town of wicklow

I don't think you're cut out for university.

I think UCD can breathe a sigh of relief.

Oh no..............

The words of a complete coward hahah
    If you really need a boost from people making you tea so you can look down on them I pity you man,
    You will never be rich anyway you hypocrite :D

The words of a complete coward hahah
    If you really need a boost from people making you tea so you can look down on them I pity you man,
    You will never be rich anyway you hypocrite :D

I will! I will be rich!! I have drawings, diagrams, schematics!! It's all planned!!! It's my destiny!!! Soon I will be on my yacht, sailing of into the sunset in the Caribbean! With the pitiful squalor of the earth serving me tea, marcaroons and pure cocaine!!!! It's all in the making!!

• Advertisement

I will! I will be rich!! I have drawings, diagrams, schematics!! It's all planned!!! It's my destiny!!! Soon I will be on my yacht, sailing of into the sunset in the Caribbean! With the pitiful squalor of the earth serving me tea, marcaroons and pure cocaine!!!! It's all in the making!!

Lol
    amusing
    Your destiny is to drop out of UCD , because you want to go to trinity, and the only way trinity will let you in ,is to be a toilet cleaner
    So you shall clean sexual fluids off the floor,after I make love to the beautiful ladies in trinity . when I am doing my Phd there.
    And I shall look down on you and throw my cup of tea in your filthy little face
    ahaha iaia a ha ah aha haieei aie i a..................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement