Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend types

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Lol
    amusing
    Your destiny is to drop out of UCD , because you want to go to trinity, and the only way trinity will let you in ,is to be a toilet cleaner
    So you shall clean sexual fluids off the floor,after I make love to the beautiful ladies in trinity . when I am doing my Phd there.
    And I shall look down on you and throw my cup of tea in your filthy little face
    ahaha iaia a ha ah aha haieei aie i a..................

Well, the thing is, half of the people in UCD (mostly in Science, Arts, Law and Commerse) wanted to go to Trinity anyway but didn't get the points. They say they don't want to go to Trinity but they really do!! Don't you expect hypocritical by-products like me in UCD, I'm only trying to fit in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

Well at least you're honest
    I may give you a pay increase if you make a decent latte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Well I still going to be rich, even though I'm going to this pseudo-respected college. Anyway, you probably won't get the points for Trinity, you are afterall a northsider like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

should we tell OP that this is just an internet forum and no one should take anything serious here? :pac:

/back study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

So says the gombeen from the leafy town of wicklow

A gombeen that has actually made it to college and lasted. That is one thing he has on you, gombeen or not :D

The more you see of the real world (I.E not school!), you will realise people of every sort can be knobs. Rugby knobs, indie knobs, rock knobs, soccer knobs, arts and crafts knobs etc etc. Plus you will get nice people of every sort. But in general, anybody wanting to smash somebody in the eye socket is veering towards knobbishness. Is that a word? It is now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Take a week off to cool down. I insist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

seraphimvc wrote: »
    and maybe then you will realise those people will do no problem at all. in fact,those people are the 'money'.

This quote is very descriptive of our times, all the rich kids people are insulting have to be that way. They have to waste money on trivial stuff to keep parts of society going. I think this mentality is good in a way as it can force people who automatically judge others to have to accept them, but that's the only good thing about that type of mentality.

'but they think they are superior'? or

You think 'they think they are superior'?:p

:D:D:D

I'm going to remember that little conversation technique ;)

For the most part though, the blatant stereotyping on some of this thread sickens me and reminds me of something I wont mention as it's too complicated and will instantly lead some of you to start stereotyping again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Well, the thing is, half of the people in UCD (mostly in Science, Arts, Law and Commerse) wanted to go to Trinity anyway but didn't get the points. They say they don't want to go to Trinity but they really do!! Don't you expect hypocritical by-products like me in UCD, I'm only trying to fit in!!

I didn't want to get dragged into this retarded discussion...

But this got to me...

Right, Science in Trinity is not better, it is different however. Each have their own merits and demerits, there are several topics on this already. As such they are realistically on par.

Law, I admit I know nothing on the topic. So maybe?? By points there are not to much difference so demand isn't significantly different.

Arts, I think Trinity has the edge in this one, arts in UCD especially in Ireland hasn't got a great reputation. Not that the degree isn't recognized but it seems to not be as highly recognized as Trinity. however the lack of semesterization (sp?) definitely brings it down.

Commerce... (congratulations on the spelling btw ;) ), The Quinn school of business has a much higher reputation then business of any form of business in Trinity. Actually is there a straight forward business degree in Trinity? Or is it just BESS and chose the right subjects etc?

This quote is very descriptive of our times, all the rich kids people are insulting have to be that way. They have to waste money on trivial stuff to keep parts of society going. I think this mentality is good in a way as it can force people who automatically judge others to have to accept them, but that's the only good thing about that type of mentality.

:D:D:D

I'm going to remember that little conversation technique ;)

For the most part though, the blatant stereotyping on some of this thread sickens me and reminds me of something I wont mention as it's too complicated and will instantly lead some of you to start stereotyping again :D
    ah i was having abit fun there,sorry if i did say something caused uncomfortable :(i never mean to cause that.

it is a still very young country and the culture is not diversed enough - as a foreigner i have to admit that it is not my place. the people are fine,some very fine people i have met all these years tbh .they are down to earth, laid back,relaxing life style(obviously a generalization again) etc which are rare and very fascinating to me since back to our home land everyone is constantly competing for something, eg friendship is an investment rather than some knowing each other have a laugh stuff.

i certainly can talk more about the topic but i think we better stop here :P

one point to add tho i didnt realise all the stuffs i said above in my posts until i was told by some working class (irish) customers when i was working in a nice restaurant :pac: they were some life savers back then ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

ah i was having abit fun there,sorry if i did say something caused uncomfortable :(i never mean to cause that.

Lol no I thought your comments were funny enough to quote :D

I know what you mean about the friendship competing/investing thing, Ireland is a bit different in that respect definitely in general but not everywhere.

I've actually got a confession though, I don't go to ucd :p

luckily!
    :pac: mwahaha...:pac:

• Advertisement

i feel like i am rick-rolled! lol

and ye, one more thing is (generally) people didnt realise that i am joking with a serious face,or serious post in internet forum case :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

muboop1 wrote: »

Law, I admit I know nothing on the topic. So maybe?? By points there are not to much difference so demand isn't significantly different.

Law in Trinity is more academic than practically applicable in the 'real world'. FFS 'African Human Rights law' is a module in Trinity!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Michaelrsh wrote: »

I don't think that's true...
    Almost nobody left in my degree got under 450, although the entrance points were 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mickeyjoe12

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Xhristy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Somebody give this thread a painless death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Typical responses I see!!
    I have keep my mouth shut, but for no longer I say....why is our culture always getting battered by working class swines ....If anyone spoke about the traveling community there would be public outrage..and they cannot even talk right ....may i also add they are inbred

Just because South Dublin students own UCD people think its a big deal....clutches own NUIG galway and so forth

We are on home ground, we feel powerful , basic Darwin theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Somebody give this thread a painless death.
    Thought I had, my bad. I blame the Volcanic Ash Cloud
    D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Typical responses I see!!
    I have keep my mouth shut, but for no longer I say....why is our culture always getting battered by working class swines ....If anyone spoke about the traveling community there would be public outrage..and they cannot even talk right ....may i also add they are inbred

Just because South Dublin students own UCD people think its a big deal....clutches own NUIG galway and so forth

We are on home ground, we feel powerful , basic Darwin theory
    I know, loike. What the fock?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement