Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stair Design

• 14-04-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    Need to design stairs for new build - like open thread but worried about having no understair storage for coats etc. Anyone have open thread and a solution to this problem?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A set of coat hangers on the wall????, Under stair storage doesn't need a door to be usable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mendel

I was wondering about this too, and it has put me off the open thread. I'm a big believer on never having enough storage and i think open understairs = mess

in my house, everything would end up thrown under it. at least closed off hides a multidue.

so going with closed thread oak with glass for first floor landing and banisters. think that will be contemporary.

Looking at a cost of 3500 + vat ......... that sound reasonable south east area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

mendel wrote: »
    I was wondering about this too, and it has put me off the open thread. I'm a big believer on never having enough storage and i think open understairs = mess

in my house, everything would end up thrown under it. at least closed off hides a multidue.

so going with closed thread oak with glass for first floor landing and banisters. think that will be contemporary.

Looking at a cost of 3500 + vat ......... that sound reasonable south east area?

OP I've just sent you a PM with a company to try if you're in the Waterford/S. Kilkenny area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 castlewarren

Hi Sunny South East/Mendel

Im building in Kilkenny, would you mind sending me the details of the stairs manufacturer aswell?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Try a cloaks press elsewhere!! Makes no sense spending thousands on an open thread stair and then treating it like a bog standard stairs and stuffing loads of rubbish under it. Storage is one of those strange things the more you have the more rubbish you never look at again you keep!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement