Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grande Punto Special Series

• 14-04-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi Guys

My wife is looking to change her car with the scrappage scheme and I saw that Fiat has 1.3 diesel Grande Punto Special Series in their price list for €10,995 but I cant find any info about this special series on Fiats website (Dire website to say the least) or on the web. Was just wondering if anyone had seen one of the special series and what is special about it besides the price?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presume it's a run out model, isn't the Punto Evo replacing it. I remember when they did a Bravo/Brava special series in 2001 before the Stilo came out.

From the price list it seems it's the Sport trim which gets alloys, fogs, 6 speakers, remote locking, wheel radio controls, leather steering wheel, air conditioning and voice activated phone and radio.

not bad for 1k extra.

Verify with dealer of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

I was figuring it had something to do with the EVO coming in. Wife likes the extra toys like me so is definitely worth it for the extra €1k and with the way her currently 97 fiesta is guzzling petrol at the moment it would pay for itself in a week! Going to pop down to the garage on Friday and see what its all about hopefully can haggle a bit more off :D

seems good value at this, also look at the Clio Dynamique.

Well went into Tractamotors in Blanch today they no longer have any stock of the 1.3 Special series but they do have the 1.2 Sport which is €11645 on the road including metallic paint which still seems a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I thought the Punto Evo will sell alongside the existing range, it's an addition to the range, rather than a replacement range.

• Advertisement

Not according to the sales guy he reckoned that it was a replacement. Mind you to be fair I found him to be a bit ignorant and if the wife decides she will go for the Punto we will probably get it from another dealership. Will also probably ring around tomorrow to confirm if the 1.3 diesel is definitely not stocked anymore.

AFAIK the Evo is a replacement. Not sure about the looks, and I doubt it will be worth any more than a normal Grande Punto in the future. I'd go for the high spec cheaper one if it was me.

Advertisement