Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUROPARKS FINE

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is anyone put there with information regarding europarks and whether their fines are legal and if they can follow it up in court. I received a ticket after being 10 minutes late back to my car. I have looked into it and it seems that in the uk they do not follow up on the fines. Hoping i don't have to pay quite pricey E30 or E50 if i don't pay on time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmm interesting, I can't say either way.

If they do indeed have no powers the mind boggles at how many mugs coughed up to them without question. That said if it happened to me I'd be on the side of binning the fine ;) Unless.............. they have a contract to operate in a council owned carpark ? Now that would be a different kettle of fish I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Would you be looking into the legalities if you were fined for being 10 minutes over time when parked on the street in a pay parking area? Just curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Would you be looking into the legalities if you were fined for being 10 minutes over time when parked on the street in a pay parking area? Just curious!

You'd get clamped in that case!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gurramok wrote: »

Parking warden could have gave him a ticket as well though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Don't pay it, wait and see what happens, then, most important, report back here and let us all know what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/private.htm

'ONLY THE DRIVER AND THE OWNER OF THE LAND ARE A PARTY TO THE CONTRACT UNLESS THE PARKING COMPANY ACTS AS THEIR AGENT Therefore should you receive an INVOICE from a PPC as the keeper of a vehicle and you do not know who was driving, I suggest you tell them this and tell them not to contact you again. You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any information to the PPC. Refuse to do so.'

These fines are nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

icewitch wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am wondering if there is anyone put there with information regarding europarks and whether their fines are legal and if they can follow it up in court. I received a ticket after being 10 minutes late back to my car. I have looked into it and it seems that in the uk they do not follow up on the fines. Hoping i don't have to pay quite pricey E30 or E50 if i don't pay on time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

:p

What's your cut off?

20 minutes should be ok?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wyndham wrote: »
    http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/private.htm

'ONLY THE DRIVER AND THE OWNER OF THE LAND ARE A PARTY TO THE CONTRACT UNLESS THE PARKING COMPANY ACTS AS THEIR AGENT Therefore should you receive an INVOICE from a PPC as the keeper of a vehicle and you do not know who was driving, I suggest you tell them this and tell them not to contact you again. You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any information to the PPC. Refuse to do so.'

These fines are nonsense.

and quoting something from the UK proves that?
    Want to provide information specific to Ireland perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Cabaal wrote: »
    Europarks don't have access to the National Vehicle Registration Database in this country.

While their UK operation has access to the UK national vehicle database, they don't pursue payment of self-issued penalty tickets in that jurisdiction either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Cabaal wrote: »
    and quoting something from the UK proves that?

The law of contract is the same.

gurramok wrote: »

No!
    I love how people here assume (incorrectly) that all places are the same as where they are. No clamping by the Council in this town but plenty of Traffic Wardens dishing out fines. The reality for most of the country is that parking fine notices are placed first then some will clamp. More likely to get clamped in Private Carparks, actually, than on-street.

wyndham wrote: »
    The law of contract is the same.

1. No it's not. At least not when I studied it in the early 80s

2. There's more to this than Contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Europarks are in a lot of hospitals in the NW. (well used to be).

They were feckers examining every car ticket, making note of the expiry time and returning to that car 5 mins after the car ticket expired.

If you were caught, tell them to issue a fine in the post to the registered address of the car's owner.

They have NO affiliation to the Guards or county councils, only to hospital management, so if the tickets are legal, they will have access to the vehicle database.

If they cant post one, tell them tough (DO NOT GIVE YOUR NAME/ADDRESS)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

so if you get a tickets from these guys, you can just rip it up :confused: cant be right !!! whats stopping me from parking my car there everyday and just throwing ticket away, everyday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

I should have been clearer,

IMO, they do not have the legal right (open to correction) to demand a fine off you,

If I were you I would tell them to post it to my address, and I would not pay it.

Don not give your name/address.

Tell them to get if of the national car database (which they dont have access to), only Guards & county council do.

If they decide to take it further, which I doubt, they may go via small claims court, the worst that could happen is you pay the fine.

Its your call....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 icewitch

mullingar wrote: »
    I should have been clearer,

IMO, they do not have the legal right (open to correction) to demand a fine off you,

If I were you I would tell them to post it to my address, and I would not pay it.

Don not give your name/address.

Tell them to get if of the national car database (which they dont have access to), only Guards & county council do.

If they decide to take it further, which I doubt, they may go via small claims court, the worst that could happen is you pay the fine.

Its your call....................

Thanks for that, think i will wait and see does a reminder come in the post..would rather spend my E30 on something else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

like a new watch so you know when to return to your car :D

icewitch wrote: »
    Thanks for that, think i will wait and see does a reminder come in the post..would rather spend my E30 on something else!!

You choice! Great for you if you get away with it but you don't seem at any point to accept you were late back to the car and should pay a parking fine. As said before, if on a street you would have been fined and possibly clamped for being 10 minutes late. Bully for you but accept you were fundamentally in the wrong all the way with this.

Advertisement