Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I give away recordings of rugby matches?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I have a portable hard drive full of recordings of rugby matches (H-Cup, 6 Nations, World Cup & assorted randoms) that, eh, fell onto my computer over the last four or five years. From various sources.

I have to format this drive and I don't have anywhere handy to put the 220GB+ of files. I'm not so into keeping them that I'd buy another HDD just for that purpose, but it kills me to just delete them all, and it occured to me that some rugby fans might be happy to copy them.

Is it OK to post in the Rugby forum offering them — for free, of course — to anyone who wants to meet up and transfer them onto their own hard drive? I dunno much about the legalities involved; something tells me that there might be a copyright issue, even when giving them away for free...?

Please delete this if even asking is a Stupid Thing. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You're correct, there are copyright issues and these do also apply to giving away material for free. Consequently we can't permit you to use Boards to offer these recordings to other posters. Sorry about that, but we do appreciate you checking with us first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers, Zaph.

eBay it is, so.

;)

Advertisement