Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contract obligation with 3???

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i have an annual contract with 3 for mobile broadband.

i can no longer afford to continue with this service and want out. in desperation i stopped paying them 2 months ago. they haven't stopped ringing since.

today i got a letter stating that i have 7 days to make payment or my bill will be forwarded on to a debt collector.

does anyone have experience of this, and can i get out ofr it?

Would appreciate advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You committed to a contract with them. You can't just walk away. Have you rang them at any point to explain your circumstances to them?

mtankk wrote: »
    i have an annual contract with 3 for mobile broadband.

i can no longer afford to continue with this service and want out. in desperation i stopped paying them 2 months ago. they haven't stopped ringing since.

today i got a letter stating that i have 7 days to make payment or my bill will be forwarded on to a debt collector.

does anyone have experience of this, and can i get out ofr it?

Would appreciate advice.

Give me some details on your contract. When did you sign up or how many months have passed since you signed up/upgraded your contract.

The letter is more a scare tactic than a genuine threat, at the moment.

What I would say will happen is that you will have to clear the out-standing balance, the 2 months missed and probably by the time it comes to getting this sorted, the 3rd month will be included. You will need to clear the currently owed amount first, then depending on how long you've been in the contract, you can cancel ahead of time and you will be sent an ETF(Early Termination Fee). This could be less than what is owed on the remainder of the contract.

Get back on this thread or PM me if you have any questions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just stopping your payments was very foolish as it does nothing to help your situation and makes YOU look bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

i rang them about the same thing. 42.19 cancelation fee and payment due up to date of call basically. only have 3 months left which is cheaper. have to ring them again 30 days before final payment to ensure they do not renew contract

freephone 1913 to talk to them

Advertisement