Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECDL Fas evening course?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

I have a few months before I go back to collge in september and Im looking at doing this.I talked to a girl at the fas offices and she said there was one spot left in the ecdl part 1 course.Anyway she talked me out of it as I said I could not type properly,I said I just pick the letters.She reccomends me to do the intro to computers first.Im not too sure about this as I feel this will be very basic.

Anyway could someone who did ecdl give me some info on it and give me advice.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ECDL is an introduction to computers, the internet and common office software.

It is pretty basic, but I think having some experience with computers would help.

Here's a link to the syllabus, along with some sample tests. Have a go and see what you think.

Linky: http://www.ecdl.ie/ec_content_and_syllabus.aspx?sm=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    ECDL is an introduction to computers, the internet and common office software.

It is pretty basic, but I think having some experience with computers would help.

Here's a link to the syllabus, along with some sample tests. Have a go and see what you think.

Linky: http://www.ecdl.ie/ec_content_and_syllabus.aspx?sm=19
    Thanks for that.Would you think its worth getting.Its 490euro for 10 weeks!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you have no other qualifications, I would say yes, it is probably worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peterdoherty

ecdl is not a typing qualficaiton nor do you need to do much typing in it.

Go for it

Advertisement