Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on French

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey lads.
    Me, like alot of people, do dirt in Irish, and I am not counting it as one of my subjects in the 6 that are graded. I'm doing higher level french, and I never really worked in it until end of last year and this year especially. I got a D2 in my mocks, but i looked at what essays were coming up, but I more so "focus studyed" them rather than plain out write an essay and hand it in.

Question is, is French really hard to pass for the LC. My goal is just a D3, just as pass, and I talk French with my friends as much as I can. Is the oral like the Irish oral where is harder to fail than it is to pass.
    Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 slownightsolong

Ordinary level french is the easiest exam in the world... most of it is in english.
    Higher however can be quite hard, the oral is easy enough to pass if you prepare for it, cover some basics and learn off some sentences and you should be fine.
    the written paper will take some work though...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Yeah I have been preparing for the oral alot. I am decent enough I would say I just want to at least get a D3 in honours, really dont want to fail it!

Advertisement